Tags:
Jan 24, 2014
648 posts
3765 upvotes
Calgary, AB
BD12 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:35 am
I won an IG giveaway back in late December:

I e-mailed the contest person with my contact details. Didn't hear back from her and didn't receive my prize (it was mid to late Jan. by then) so I directly messaged @dothedaniel on Instagram. He apologized saying the person in charge of sending out the prize suddenly resigned and told me to e-mail him. It's been 3 weeks since I've e-mailed him and I haven't received anything yet. He also hasn't responded to my most recent emails or direct messages.

Should I call this guy out? I feel bad for wanting to call him out but if he's not responding to my messages promptly, he should get some flack for it.
FYI: https://dothedaniel.com/ending-another- ... EFcPc3CRz8

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - good luck getting your prize!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
2013 WINS: $13,300 - 2014 WINS: $16,860 - 2015 WINS: $13,430 - 2016 WINS: $5,565 - 2017 WINS: $7,985 - 2018 WINS: $9,795 - 2019 WINS: $13,980
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1291 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know if my Facebook settings are wrong, but I don't understand why I get contests on my feed, but if I don't want to enter it right away, I can't seem to save it for a later time, when I'm doing my contests. I'll see the contest, then click on the sponsor's page, but when I get there, they don't have any contests in their feed. Am I the only one with this problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Jul 13, 2003
166 posts
536 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 6:02 pm
I don't know if my Facebook settings are wrong, but I don't understand why I get contests on my feed, but if I don't want to enter it right away, I can't seem to save it for a later time, when I'm doing my contests. I'll see the contest, then click on the sponsor's page, but when I get there, they don't have any contests in their feed. Am I the only one with this problem? Any advice would be much appreciated.
I always click the timestamp on the facebook post and it opens the actual contest post instead of just the sponsors page. I find if you just go to the sponsors page, facebook tends not to show you posts you've already seen, so the contest post gets hidden.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1291 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
jonnieh wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 9:07 pm
I always click the timestamp on the facebook post and it opens the actual contest post instead of just the sponsors page. I find if you just go to the sponsors page, facebook tends not to show you posts you've already seen, so the contest post gets hidden.
I will try clicking on the time stamp in future then. But I'm talking about the contest not being on the sponsor's page, not my feed. Most contests stay on a sponsor's page, because I usually go back to see if they've posted winners. Maybe they're there then though, because I participated? Thanks for the help!
Jan 16, 2012
478 posts
7346 upvotes
Ontario
pickmepickme wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 6:02 pm
From a laptop/desktop computer: At the top right of the post, click on the three dots. From the drop-down box, select "Save Link" You can view it later from the "Saved" tab on the left of your newsfeed.

From a phone app: At the top right of the post, click on the three ... From the drop-down box, select "Save Link" You can view it later from the three stacked lines at the bottom right. Scroll down to "Saved"
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1291 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
ActonSue wrote:
Feb 27th, 2019 8:47 am
From a laptop/desktop computer: At the top right of the post, click on the three dots. From the drop-down box, select "Save Link" You can view it later from the "Saved" tab on the left of your newsfeed.

From a phone app: At the top right of the post, click on the three ... From the drop-down box, select "Save Link" You can view it later from the three stacked lines at the bottom right. Scroll down to "Saved"
Thank you so much! I'll do that next time.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1583 posts
15545 upvotes
ishfish wrote:
Feb 27th, 2019 10:10 am
@BD12 - did you get your prize?
Nope but I'll just let this one slide. First time something like this has happened in my 6-7 years of contesting.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
9148 posts
14179 upvotes
BD12 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2019 4:17 pm
Nope but I'll just let this one slide. First time something like this has happened in my 6-7 years of contesting.
Sometimes letting it go is the best option - sorry to hear that happened.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17148 posts
23665 upvotes
ONTARIO
Sucks when that happens.

It's happened to me at least 2-3 times over the years. Luckily with nothing too expensive though. I think the most expensive was a hockey stick I won from Bauer on facebook I believe, Took my info, said 6-8 weeks for delivery and never saw a thing.
Dec 8, 2008
8 posts
2 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 28th, 2019 8:53 am
Sucks when that happens.

It's happened to me at least 2-3 times over the years. Luckily with nothing too expensive though. I think the most expensive was a hockey stick I won from Bauer on facebook I believe, Took my info, said 6-8 weeks for delivery and never saw a thing.
Never did get my Budweiser cooler after contacting them & others got 2 or 3 coolers. I think she thought I was pulling a fast one & wanting another cooler. Kept telling me it was being sent out next week.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1657 posts
19541 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah, if you've been around for contesting, there are times that it may not get to you. Sometimes they do something about it, but sometimes they just can't, and it sucks. Anyways, I've been drifting through contests, and I used to do runs all the time, including dailies. I somehow have divided this run as much as I can. There are less pages I check as some are filled with smaller contests, but when I hear of a contest, I usually have to enter. I haven't entered lots of the small ones that take time. Been finally filling out forms, and was going to get on the NPE's today. Something about the weather, I was out today again, and it was beautiful with the sun out, but I'm so tired of looking at snow, that it's probably not even just contesting that's taking me longer lol. I need spring and the groundhog to be right. Maybe it's just me, but I admit at this point, if I don't win, it's because I'm slacking. Beginning of the year has never been great, but I've since taken more breaks after spending too much free time. Balance it out, and still not win, I bet we'll all cheer up when the snow's gone, win or no win. Here's hoping some contests still reach out to all that are taking the time as there are always more contests when ones end. Here's hoping we all can find some cheer in the things we do away from the computer at home when we're not winning so much. GL ALL.