• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
vadimjenna wrote: Can someone tell me if there is a "vote for me" forum here on RFD? I wish to place my voting request in the right place.

nope not on rfd
bring back colour
Jul 17, 2011
450 posts
2721 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for letting me know, vilimark! Each forum is so different from one another, in their rules.
Oct 26, 2008
856 posts
9700 upvotes
Barrie
Interesting thread here on fb.. It is for the Bosch canada silent film contest

http://www.facebook.com/boschcdn/posts/162375210510769

the part that interests me is this: Originally a person named Mic Rist mentions contesters... P.S. Check out Mic Rist's profile and friends (check them out too) and see if you see what I see...

This is Mic Rist's post

[QUOTE]Mic Rist- People from couponing and contest sites usually recruit people to vote for them, they have thousands of members who logon every day and get rewards for posting things and encouraging each other. I haven't seen it here yet, but in other contests of this type. They are quite social, so if that is what you are looking for, that is what you may get. They win thousands of dollars in contests every year this way...
September 8 at 10:41pm [/QUOTE]

Then, Bosch replies here:

[QUOTE]Bosch Home Appliances Canada - We are always on the look-out for contesters and do our best to maintain a database on them as we don't feel that approach is on the interest of fair play either.[/QUOTE]

Soooo.. You run a voting contest.. And you are cool to get everyone you know to vote .... etc.. but not if they are contesters??lol.. Oh no.. not contesters.. We keep a database on them

Did anyone else know we were criminal masterminds that companies need to keep tabs on? Geez.. heck of a dangerous hobby we have. I wonder if Bosch keeps tabs on networks of knitters and crocheters. Close down your fan page Bosch.. the coupon clippers are coming and they brought people who collect stamps too... oooooo.. Beware.... lol.

Got me wondering.. Are we blacklisted?? lol. Do we miss some wins by clicking links here? Do many of you copy and paste links into your browser to avoid being condemned by companies?
:D Be Yourself.. Everyone Else Is Taken :D
:D May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night. This is a rich universe and there is plenty for all of us. I am filled with good luck. I am my wishes realized. I am a WINNER !! :D
Oct 21, 2006
209 posts
715 upvotes
fokxxy wrote: Interesting thread here on fb.. It is for the Bosch canada silent film contest

http://www.facebook.com/boschcdn/posts/162375210510769

the part that interests me is this: Originally a person named Mic Rist mentions contesters... P.S. Check out Mic Rist's profile and friends (check them out too) and see if you see what I see...

This is Mic Rist's post

Mic Rist People from couponing and contest sites usually recruit people to vote for them, they have thousands of members who logon every day and get rewards for posting things and encouraging each other. I haven't seen it here yet, but in other contests of this type. They are quite social, so if that is what you are looking for, that is what you may get. They win thousands of dollars in contests every year this way...
September 8 at 10:41pm

Then, Bosch replies here:

Soooo.. You run a voting contest.. And you are cool to get everyone you know to vote .... etc.. but not if they are contesters??lol.. Oh no.. not contesters.. We keep a database on them

Did anyone else know we were criminal masterminds that companies need to keep tabs on? Geez.. heck of a dangerous hobby we have. I wonder if Bosch keeps tabs on networks of knitters and crocheters. Close down your fanpage bosch.. the coupon clippers are coming and they brought people collect stamps too... oooooo.. Beware.... lol.

Got me wondering.. Are we blacklisted?? lol. Do we miss some wins by clicking links here? Do many of you copy and paste links into your browser to avoid being condemned by companies?

My neighbor works for Dempsters and she told me there IS a list of canadian contesters out there. She didn't tell me what they do with the list but I can just assume that on some contests we WILL be overlooked. We'll probably never even be the wiser for it. Pretty scary!
Oct 26, 2008
856 posts
9700 upvotes
Barrie
jammom wrote: My neighbor works for Dempsters and she told me there IS a list of canadian contesters out there. She didn't tell me what they do with the list but I can just assume that on some contests we WILL be overlooked. We'll probably never even be the wiser for it. Pretty scary!

YIKES!! Seriously.. that makes me shudder...

The thing is.... (for all you companies that are out there keeping tabs on us)

Yes.. we win a lot. BUT guess what. We enter a lot... AND because we enter a lot.. We are always visiting your sites... Seeing your ads.. .We are constantly exposed to your brands (isn't that what you want?) We are constantly exposing your brands to our friends and familyj through sites, facebook, and general conversation (isn't that also what you want?) We BUY your brands a lot to enter pins, and find codes (Do you not want this?) , and we have your brands programmed into our heads when we shop because we see it all the time on your pages and it subliminally gets stuck with us (Do you hate this?) . We know all your specials and repeat them to our friends and families because we see them on your pages when we visit the contests or on the displays when we see a contest advertised in store and we share those deals online too (oh god.. I can see how this would be bad for you??? no..) .... We are you LOYAL customers. Why shouldn't WE be rewarded for that? How are we blacklisted for that lol.
:D May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night. This is a rich universe and there is plenty for all of us. I am filled with good luck. I am my wishes realized. I am a WINNER !! :D
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10100 posts
14411 upvotes
jammom wrote: My neighbor works for Dempsters and she told me there IS a list of canadian contesters out there. She didn't tell me what they do with the list but I can just assume that on some contests we WILL be overlooked. We'll probably never even be the wiser for it. Pretty scary!

Interesting.
My question then is what is the difference between a Contester and someone who enters contests? - other than they are or are not noteworthy of being on a list?
And is the prestige of being on such a list a prize in and of itself? Do you win :razz: arrogance?
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
Is anyone really suprised by this. Ive seen it coming for some time and im actually surprised it wasnt earlier.

shweet, dempsters, etc. its only the beginning.
bring back colour
Jan 19, 2011
366 posts
703 upvotes
So how would you get blacklisted? Checking your facebook profile?
Oct 26, 2008
856 posts
9700 upvotes
Barrie
vilmark wrote: Is anyone really suprised by this. Ive seen it coming for some time and im actually surprised it wasnt earlier.

I'm not surprised.. I am kind of disgusted.. Shouldn't their be a disclaimer? Dear contesters. Don't waste your time entering daily.. we hate you. lol. (oh.. I guess shweet did that.. lol)
Oct 26, 2008
856 posts
9700 upvotes
Barrie
ishfish wrote: Interesting.
My question then is what is the difference between a Contester and someone who enters contests? - other than they are or are not noteworthy of being on a list?
And is the prestige of being on such a list a prize in and of itself? Do you win :razz: arrogance?

hahaha :) Now I feel special instead of alarmed. :) Can we get crowns of some sort? Or at least a sash?
Oct 21, 2006
209 posts
715 upvotes
vilmark wrote: Is anyone really suprised by this. Ive seen it coming for some time and im actually surprised it wasnt earlier.

Actually Vilmark, she told me this list existed years ago (before I started contesting 5 years ago). At the time she thought there were about 500 people on it. I'm pretty sure they are going to update this list. I guess I should stop telling her all my winnings! lol
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2006
1339 posts
7213 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
Bosch admitting a secret blacklist of contesters goes to show how arbitrary and corrupt the whole contesting process is. Anyone could enter a contest in good faith, analyzing and strictly following rules, then be summarily disqualified without being told or given a chance to defend themselves. And the process cuts both ways too: it also happens to be in the sponsors advantage to reward contesting celebrities, because it's good publicity to pile on prizes to big winners. The point is, the winner is often a marketing decision and your chances aren't fair or equal.

There is a wisdom in old school random contests that's been lost with all this rabid new online marketing, as soon as the human element is introduced in any process, so is corruption. The fact is that these Facebook contests and marketers like Shweet have become ways to enlist workers without paying minimum wage. None of these activities are fun or personally productive, as a matter of fact I've mentioned before, the value of contesters participation in these promotions is always more than the value of the prizes. LG, Lindt, Future Shop, Dell, Nissan, the list is getting long. So click away at the dumb website game, cheerlead, "Like", vote for and tell your friends. The perception is everything.

Anyone scandalized by this hasn't been contesting for very long. Then we wonder why the economy is tanking with all these rackets.

Edit: had to temporarily "Like" and see for myself:

http://i.imgur.com/mv0LY.jpg

"Admitting a secret blacklist" was unfair in this case. They are admitting that they're offering a prize to unpaid marketers but haven't admitted a blacklist.
Contest entry confirmation emails titled "Congratulations" are all the proof you need that you are doing business with companies that are either deceptive, or condescending, or both!
Dec 8, 2010
639 posts
2038 upvotes
fokxxy wrote: YIKES!! Seriously.. that makes me shudder...

The thing is.... (for all you companies that are out there keeping tabs on us)

Yes.. we win a lot. BUT guess what. We enter a lot... AND because we enter a lot.. We are always visiting your sites... Seeing your ads.. .We are constantly exposed to your brands (isn't that what you want?) We are constantly exposing your brands to our friends and familyj through sites, facebook, and general conversation (isn't that also what you want?) We BUY your brands a lot to enter pins, and find codes (Do you not want this?) , and we have your brands programmed into our heads when we shop because we see it all the time on your pages and it subliminally gets stuck with us (Do you hate this?) . We know all your specials and repeat them to our friends and families because we see them on your pages when we visit the contests or on the displays when we see a contest advertised in store and we share those deals online too (oh god.. I can see how this would be bad for you??? no..) .... We are you LOYAL customers. Why shouldn't WE be rewarded for that? How are we blacklisted for that lol.

Today I entered the chipits contest and within the hour I had 4 dozen banana chocolate chip cookies baked......notice the recipe on the entry form.
Every time I see "Sr. Member" under my name...I feel really old :|
Aug 24, 2011
189 posts
409 upvotes
CALGARY
Very interesting! I have definitely entered some "illegal" contests on facebook. A local wine and food festival is constantly randomly selecting (and posting) winners based on comments added. I haven't won anything from them even though the odds are like 1/10 usually.

Maybe they have me on a black-list of contesters... LOL.

Maybe I should complain to facebook and get them shut down.... LOL
I'm just not that vindictive ;)
Now I'm going to get specific... looking to win a trip to Tahiti, but Italy would do in a pinch!
:D
Dec 8, 2010
639 posts
2038 upvotes
While I was eating my subliminally made cookies I did a bit of googling, reading and was thinking that maybe there's a bit of over reaction going on about what Bosch said.

Maybe there is a blacklist but I would venture to suggest that someone would have to participate in something suspicious to get on that list. So instead of being paranoid maybe we should be thankful for the blacklist and don't do anything to get on it in the first place.

Has anyone ever inquired about this to contest promoters like eprize?
Every time I see "Sr. Member" under my name...I feel really old :|
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2011
2619 posts
1110 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have a feeling the blacklist is just people who are disqualified for breaking the rules.

IE:

Submitting more times then allowed in contest
Obtaining fraud/illegal votes
Lied about age or location (using relatives because their province was not allowed)
High amount of "incorrect/guess" UPC tries.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4688 upvotes
From the Country Living "Hocking Hills" Contest (Nov 21/11)
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER! We have accepted your subscription for Country Living and will bill you $17 for 10 issues. Your first issue will be delivered to ---- in 9-12 weeks.

FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE:
Your information has been saved and an account has been created for you giving you full access to everything countryliving.com and Hearst Digital Media Network offer. Your username and password have been assigned below. If you would like to change or edit your profile, click here.
Username: ----
Password: ----
If you wish to deactivate this account and decline these registration benefits, please click here.
Click here to give Country Living as a gift.
Did you get this too? Or was it not as simple as the 'Yes' 'No' bubble box? I still don't see any other No purchase necessary link... D=

I did 'click here' to deactive the account and decline these registration benefits, but I don't know if that extends to the subscription for Country Living.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5134 upvotes
If anyone has a $10 Ticketmaster code from the iCoke contest that they wont be using?

Please PM me! Thanks
Oct 26, 2008
856 posts
9700 upvotes
Barrie
alpen wrote: While I was eating my subliminally made cookies I did a bit of googling, reading and was thinking that maybe there's a bit of over reaction going on about what Bosch said.

Maybe there is a blacklist but I would venture to suggest that someone would have to participate in something suspicious to get on that list. So instead of being paranoid maybe we should be thankful for the blacklist and don't do anything to get on it in the first place.

Has anyone ever inquired about this to contest promoters like eprize?

I get what you are saying... and I want your cookies :)

lol

What they posted just got me thinking about how many companies have a list like this and who is on it.. and for what reasons? I would HOPE it includes people you mentioned above.. but my paranoid contester (currently in a "way to god awfully long" dry spell) worries that they just hate us in general lol

:razz:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)