Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:32 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
1100 posts
577 upvotes
How many dailies do you all have left after the wonderful Dec 31 purge. I have 73. It is now only taking me 90-120 minutes to enter as opposed to the 3 hours...
Sharonnelt @sharonnelt on twitter
13 Wins in 2013 for a total of $504
173 wins in 2012 for a total of $10057
Aug 5, 2006
268 posts
137 upvotes
sharonnelt wrote: How many dailies do you all have left after the wonderful Dec 31 purge. I have 73. It is now only taking me 90-120 minutes to enter as opposed to the 3 hours...
I have about 60 which makes my mornings a breeze LOL .... Figured I'd win something for sure from December having had over 130 Dailies .. nothing :(
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6833 posts
7575 upvotes
Toronto
Robert W Parr wrote: Just counted mine - 91 Dailies
Counted mine and up to date with today's latest Contest postings I'm at exactly 99 (low 80s if you count all the Steamy Kitchen ones as a single one.) Also, 8 weeklies and 10 monthlies...
Si Tacuisses, Philosophus Mansisses
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hypothetically, if I win a trip and I can't go, can I give the trip away?
Jul 24, 2007
234 posts
99 upvotes
Winnipeg
howwon wrote: Hypothetically, if I win a trip and I can't go, can I give the trip away?

Probably not, most sponsors won't let you give the trip to someone else.
I always double check the rules to see when you have to leave on the trip so if I know I can't go during the time allowed, I don't enter. Some trips are very short dated or you have to leave at a specific time. However, most give you 6 months to a year to take the trip. It depends on the sponsor, but most require the winner and a guest to go.
Deal Expert
Jul 6, 2008
18727 posts
1669 upvotes
Scarborough Bluffs
alpen wrote: K, is anyone else questioning the validity of the Tico contest? How on earth will they ballot each comment over 8 weeks????? twitter posts? I don't think it's possible.
Its stupid and I dont think it will work. But Ive already started having some fun with it and I plan on posting 10 comments everyday completely out of left field.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
Littlesister wrote: Probably not, most sponsors won't let you give the trip to someone else.
I always double check the rules to see when you have to leave on the trip so if I know I can't go during the time allowed, I don't enter. Some trips are very short dated or you have to leave at a specific time. However, most give you 6 months to a year to take the trip. It depends on the sponsor, but most require the winner and a guest to go.

What I've always wondered is contests for 4... we have no kids so what happens then? Do we just go 2 of us and they pocket the difference?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2447 posts
1615 upvotes
Ontario's West coast
Has anyone here at RFD ever won an Elle Canada or Canadian Living contest or are they a waste of time?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
1100 posts
577 upvotes
Yes I have heard of people winning and Thank you everyone for posting the number of dailies they do - keep it going - mine are slowly ramping up.
Sharonnelt @sharonnelt on twitter
13 Wins in 2013 for a total of $504
173 wins in 2012 for a total of $10057
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1559 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
Horndogg wrote: Has anyone here at RFD ever won an Elle Canada or Canadian Living contest or are they a waste of time?

I have won once from Canadian Living and once from another Transcontinental one.

They often make you enter for a long time for each contest though!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
5712 posts
990 upvotes
GTA
Horndogg wrote: Has anyone here at RFD ever won an Elle Canada or Canadian Living contest or are they a waste of time?

They are a LOT harder to win. back in 2005-2007 I won at least one a year. In 06 I believe I won 3 different ones. Man those were the days :D
Oct 11, 2011
76 posts
130 upvotes
OTTAWA

ive been wondering the same! the entry form just looks fake too me, but im a newb and i see others have said they've won, so good luck!!
Oct 11, 2011
76 posts
130 upvotes
OTTAWA
searched this question but couldn't find it, so im sorry in advance if this question has already been asked.

How do you guys keep track of the websites that ask you to check back to see if you won? Do you actually have to? or will they e-mail/ phone you? Just wondering because now I'm scared that maybe i've won something and haven't checked (low chance but hey you never know lol)
Dec 19, 2005
338 posts
240 upvotes
Ottawa

I won a trip to Tokyo through Elle Canada Magazine. I leave in 9 days!!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
Yes, the Dec. 31 date really diminished my contest entry list. I am growing increasingly disappointed with how many companies, who used to have great contests / random draw, are turning to facebook voting with smallish prizes. Seems like one must really 'work' hard to try to win smaller prizes with less odds due to the numbers entering. The line between contests and providing free marketing services to companies grows greyer...
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2007
4192 posts
1315 upvotes
meagicano wrote: I won a trip to Tokyo through Elle Canada Magazine. I leave in 9 days!!
Foster the People concert right? Have a blast, and if you think about it, come back and post some amazing pics. Safe travels meagicano :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

sktb0007