Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Dec 19, 2005
338 posts
238 upvotes
Ottawa
strider3700 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 12:41 pm
When did most of the contests being won right now start? I'm assuming most close 1-2 months after being listed and then it takes a week or two for winners to be picked/notified?
1 month of heavy (2-3 hours a day) contesting in and nothing. My wins back in 2009 came within a few weeks of starting and I wasn't trying as hard then...

It took me just under a month to get my first big win but I had two smaller ones before that... I know I won't always be so lucky to win big but it's a nice bit of motivation!
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2003
1211 posts
1504 upvotes
Chicoutimi
I use this app that I found in this thread http://www.wavget.com/sweep.html
It has some bugs but still works well enough for me
2012 Prizes ($3413) 2011:$2275/2010:$7164/2009: $21,208/2008:$7500
USB key+lunch bag($10),Shiseido serum($250),DVD's ($110),Visa ($500),FS Tshirt ($8), Book(40$),HTC Flyer+HTC Radar+1 year plan($1800),Nokia Lumia 900($500),Book($25),Melitta Prize($50),CD+Book ($45),Excel Mug ($15),Goon jersey($60)
Nov 6, 2011
291 posts
86 upvotes
friendlycarl wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 5:59 pm
Maybe someone here may be able to help answer my contesting question. What would you think is an acceptable time to receive a prize you have won? And if a company decides not to send you a prize, are there any repercussions you can take? I hate to sound rude when inquiring about it, but after waiting months and dozens of emails, I'm running out of ideas.

I am going though the same deal. I won the Parents Canada Canadian Tire Hockey Parents prize pack on Dec. 20 and it has yet to be shipped. Everytime I inquire, she says to "expect it this week" and "be patient."
Oct 24, 2009
139 posts
26 upvotes
North York
most manufacturer asks for POP (proof of purchase) in order to qualify a product for warranty. anyone has experience on getting warranty for a winning prize lacking POP? I got a camera from a contest with airmiles and canon asks for POP in order to provide 1 yr warranty :(
Jan 13, 2007
681 posts
962 upvotes
friendlycarl wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 5:59 pm
Maybe someone here may be able to help answer my contesting question. What would you think is an acceptable time to receive a prize you have won? And if a company decides not to send you a prize, are there any repercussions you can take? I hate to sound rude when inquiring about it, but after waiting months and dozens of emails, I'm running out of ideas.

Well, it just happened to me. I won a Twitter contest from The House Boardshop in December 2010. (not a typo, it was 2010) And the prize was a subscription to TWSnow. The subscription was to start Fall 2011. Never arrived. After tweets and DMs being ignored, I contacted TWSnow. They say it is too expensive to send the magazine to Canada, even though the contest was open to Canadians. HUH???? The House Boardshop has just ignored my DMs. Guess their customer service just stinks. Glad it was just a subscription.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2012
1005 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto
harryone wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2012 8:46 pm
Well, it just happened to me. I won a Twitter contest from The House Boardshop in December 2010. (not a typo, it was 2010) And the prize was a subscription to TWSnow. The subscription was to start Fall 2011. Never arrived. After tweets and DMs being ignored, I contacted TWSnow. They say it is too expensive to send the magazine to Canada, even though the contest was open to Canadians. HUH???? The House Boardshop has just ignored my DMs. Guess their customer service just stinks. Glad it was just a subscription.

Wow..... That's not cool.... I have not had an issue with anything yet thankfully, but it will probably eventually happen :(
]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3812 posts
1130 upvotes
Montreal
harryone wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2012 8:46 pm

Happened to me twice, lucky it's only a small prize.

a) $50 Wayspa GC, I was even asked what I plan to use with it. After 6 months, I gave up (I did email/DM every two weeks to let them know I have not receive the card)

b) Loulou Magazine mascara, they told me to contact them if I have not receive in 8 weeks which I did. Same thing, email sent every two weeks & hear nothing back. I gave up as it's just a small prize.
May 30, 2007
518 posts
675 upvotes
The Pas
PinkSparkles wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2012 9:25 pm
Wow..... That's not cool.... I have not had an issue with anything yet thankfully, but it will probably eventually happen :(

I had the same problem, and I specifically asked them if it was open to Canada BEFORE I entered the twitter contest.
Wins So Far For 2011 $13,540
May 30, 2007
518 posts
675 upvotes
The Pas
emmafb wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 12:10 am
Happened to me twice, lucky it's only a small prize.

a) $50 Wayspa GC, I was even asked what I plan to use with it. After 6 months, I gave up (I did email/DM every two weeks to let them know I have not receive the card)

b) Loulou Magazine mascara, they told me to contact them if I have not receive in 8 weeks which I did. Same thing, email sent every two weeks & hear nothing back. I gave up as it's just a small prize.

I have won a ton of stuff from LouLou and have never had any problems at all...Always arrives quickly. I haven't seen any beauty lottos in a long while though.
Wins So Far For 2011 $13,540
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3812 posts
1130 upvotes
Montreal
cndlady wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 12:51 am
I have won a ton of stuff from LouLou and have never had any problems at all...Always arrives quickly. I haven't seen any beauty lottos in a long while though.

As I said, it was from last August. Too much work (email every two weeks) for a mascara, the shelf life of that mascara will be expired by the time I had it. :|
Jan 13, 2007
681 posts
962 upvotes
cndlady wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 12:48 am
I had the same problem, and I specifically asked them if it was open to Canada BEFORE I entered the twitter contest.

Exactly! But now the excuse they are giving me is that it is too expensive to ship to Canada. Didn't they think of this before they opened it up to Canadians? I have contacted The House Boardshop customer service. We will see what they say? Its now become more about principle than the actual prize. Tweets and a post on their FB wall have mostly gone ignored.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
2638 posts
1128 upvotes
I just received the email from the Subway contest for the 100 microsoft points. I have no idea what they are so if anyone wants them PM me & they are yours.

Gone. Do not PM me.
If you can't find anyone else to blame :( .....You're just not looking hard enough. :lol:
Jan 14, 2012
12 posts
7 upvotes
PINCOURT
Can you tell me if somebody have won something on wannawin or toutacoup ??? Because, it look like a waste of time ;o)
2011 win : 1434$
2012 win : 185$
May 31, 2009
557 posts
153 upvotes
Northern Ontario
flika98 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 1:50 pm
Can you tell me if somebody have won something on wannawin or toutacoup ??? Because, it look like a waste of time ;o)

Yes, I won a Lancome perfume set last year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Tracydeanne