Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
jiffi wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:43 am
The other thing: make sure that you are logged in before you start playing. I did all 5 rounds today, THEN it asked me to log in to enter the contest (i didn't even notice that i wasn't logged in) ... then, once i logged in i had to start playing all over again to get 5 games/entries recorded. suuucked.
SIGH poor you..........hehehee :o
Sep 23, 2006
785 posts
512 upvotes
jiffi wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 2:43 am
The other thing: make sure that you are logged in before you start playing. I did all 5 rounds today, THEN it asked me to log in to enter the contest (i didn't even notice that i wasn't logged in) ... then, once i logged in i had to start playing all over again to get 5 games/entries recorded. suuucked.
I found this too. I got a time of 40 seconds and only after did I have to log in. I thought that I had lost that score. However, it turns out I did not. The score was updated some time later.

There seems to be a delay between the score being achieved and it being recorded on the leader board. Also one can play as many times as one wishes, even after your game attempts counter has reached zero.
You've got to be in it to win it!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
re: Keurig Canada - "A Sip of Winter"

Has anyone been logging in daily to "increase your chances" (as it says on the splash page)?

I go in there every couple of days, but it doesn't seem like anything ever changes (actually, when I went in this morning, it even looked like my number of entries had dropped!).

:confused:
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
re: Barilla contest

Anyone else getting this?
YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED
for the Barilla™ Explore a World of Pasta Contest
SHARE THIS CONTEST
Remember to enter daily! Return tomorrow for another chance to WIN* a trip for two to the Italian region of your choice.
I'm pretty sure I entered more than 24 hours go.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2009
5977 posts
1084 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:29 am

Has anyone been logging in daily to "increase your chances" (as it says on the splash page)?

I go in there every couple of days, but it doesn't seem like anything ever changes (actually, when I went in this morning, it even looked like my number of entries had dropped!).

I find the same thing, nothing chages for me either.
Jul 13, 2003
114 posts
291 upvotes
The latest batch of prizes for the Zellers Everything Must Go contest includes a box of latex gloves! I don't know who's more pathetic - them for considering it a prize or me for entering to win it! LOL
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
jonnieh wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 12:02 pm
The latest batch of prizes for the Zellers Everything Must Go contest includes a box of latex gloves! I don't know who's more pathetic - them for considering it a prize or me for entering to win it! LOL
LOL saw that toooooooo. guess you could blow them up like ballooooooons. have a par-tay :D
Deal Expert
Dec 2, 2009
41137 posts
537 upvotes
Penticton
ronin1701 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 9:29 am

How are you sharing? Maybe you've used up all of your "shares" already as there is a limit?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TannieS wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 12:36 pm
How are you sharing? Maybe you've used up all of your "shares" already as there is a limit?
Well according to the rules, there's a limit. But according to the splash page and the email confirmation you can enter daily to increase your chances.

When I went in today, the referral entries I'd accumulated previously had all disappeared, so I just went and spammed three more of my friends.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2011
1138 posts
224 upvotes
NEPEAN
Just a random FYI.

It seems like readers digest had a leak of the contesters e-mails (or sold/shared them). When I first started entering contests, I was using unique e-mails for every company so I could control spam better. (I decided to stop doing that as it got complicated)

Today I received spam that was sent to [email]readersdigest@"contests.mydomain.com[/email]", obviously I didn't use this e-mail for anything other than readerdigests's contests. And it's very unlike a spammer to just "guess" this address.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17946 posts
103399 upvotes
GTA
timorfd wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 1:59 pm
Just a random FYI.

It seems like readers digest had a leak of the contesters e-mails (or sold/shared them). When I first started entering contests, I was using unique e-mails for every company so I could control spam better. (I decided to stop doing that as it got complicated)

Today I received spam that was sent to [email]readersdigest@"contests.mydomain.com[/email]", obviously I didn't use this e-mail for anything other than readerdigests's contests. And it's very unlike a spammer to just "guess" this address.
Thanks for the heads up, but man, you are hard core!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8475 posts
13427 upvotes
That is interesting timorfd. I have had a big increase in quirky emails over the past week - one email would not be a contesting one though.
Sep 23, 2006
785 posts
512 upvotes
Same here. My UK Hotmail had nineteen bits of spam one day, then five the next. This is unusually high for me, usually it is two or three. I do not use it for contesting any more. Strangely me Canadian contest email address had one or two at best.
You've got to be in it to win it!
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
1574 posts
14936 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 12:20 am
Reitman's "It's Your Turn to Get a Makeover"

I'm getting this:

The last time I entered was the 7th.

So is this once per week, or once every 168 hours?
I was having the same issue. I went back to their main FB page, clicked on the contest link and was able to enter that way tonight.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pinecone wrote:
Oct 11th, 2012 10:24 pm
I was having the same issue. I went back to their main FB page, clicked on the contest link and was able to enter that way tonight.
Still no go here.

The link I have bookmarked is the same as the one from the main page.
× < >