[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
digidaze wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:23 pm
This statement is disturbing to me. That stinks of fraud. You may want to clarify what you mean by "inside info". I don't think sponsors would like to see members from a major contest sharing site discussing "inside info" as it pertains to their contest.
"Inside info" is obtaining and using insider non-public information such as getting it on the down-low from someone working for Best Buy that there was a bug in the app, and then acting upon it. Nothing happened here except that some very smart and/or observant people noticed when they saw the ticker going up like crazy at the same time every day, and put 2 and 2 together.

If one wants to relate this to the "real" (i.e. non-contesting) world, the first example would be like insider trading and stock manipulation (both highly illegal), while the second example would be like someone performing technical analysis on a stock based on observations of public behaviour (e.g. the "Gifts Awarded" counter on the main contest page), and basing their buy and sell decisions on the results of that analysis (totally legit).

So is Roger suggesting that something illegal took place? If so, I hope that he has information to back that up, otherwise it might be construed as slander.
Aug 20, 2010
4 posts
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:45 pm
"Inside info" is obtaining and using insider non-public information such as getting it on the down-low from someone working for Best Buy that there was a bug in the app, and then acting upon it. Nothing happened here except that some very smart and/or observant people noticed when they saw the ticker going up like crazy at the same time every day, and put 2 and 2 together.

If one wants to relate this to the "real" (i.e. non-contesting) world, the first example would be like insider trading and stock manipulation (both highly illegal), while the second example would be like someone performing technical analysis on a stock based on observations of public behaviour (e.g. the "Gifts Awarded" counter on the main contest page), and basing their buy and sell decisions on the results of that analysis (totally legit).

So is Roger suggesting that something illegal took place? If so, I hope that he has information to back that up, otherwise it might be construed as slander.
Im not the one quoting "inside Info" as meaning anything. Don't be threatening me with Slander sine you already pointed it out right here..."Nothing happened here except that some very smart and/or observant people noticed when they saw the ticker going up like crazy at the same time every day, and put 2 and 2 together." Your words. not mine.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:02 pm
Im not the one quoting "inside Info" as meaning anything. Don't be threatening me with Slander sine you already pointed it out right here..."Nothing happened here except that some very smart and/or observant people noticed when they saw the ticker going up like crazy at the same time every day, and put 2 and 2 together." Your words. not mine.
:arrowd:
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 6:57 pm
Simply put, back to the main point, you were holding onto the information. Dont point it back to me. I simply followed the advice of one of your fellow RFD'ers who knew about the inside info..
Your words, not mine.
Aug 20, 2010
4 posts
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:07 pm
:arrowd:

Your words, not mine.
Slander is the type of defamation with no permanent record. Normally it's a spoken statement. It can also be a hand gesture or something similar. The law treats slander differently than libel: with slander, you have to prove you suffered damages, in the form of financial loss, to get compensation. But with libel, the law presumes you suffered damages. For example, say that Bill told John you were a cheat, and then John refused to do business with you because of that. You sue Bill and prove that you lost business with John because of what Bill said. Bill would have to pay you for the loss of John's business, but not for the general damage to your reputation. It can be very hard to prove this sort of financial loss. That's why most slander cases never go to court.
I dont see any sort of financial loss for you. Slander goes buh bye
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:10 pm
Slander is the type of defamation with no permanent record. Normally it's a spoken statement. It can also be a hand gesture or something similar. The law treats slander differently than libel: with slander, you have to prove you suffered damages, in the form of financial loss, to get compensation. But with libel, the law presumes you suffered damages. For example, say that Bill told John you were a cheat, and then John refused to do business with you because of that. You sue Bill and prove that you lost business with John because of what Bill said. Bill would have to pay you for the loss of John's business, but not for the general damage to your reputation. It can be very hard to prove this sort of financial loss. That's why most slander cases never go to court.
I dont see any sort of financial loss for you. Slander goes buh bye
Funny how you know so much about the ins-and-outs of libel and slander.
Aug 20, 2010
4 posts
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:12 pm
Funny how you know so much about the ins-and-outs of libel and slander.
It's funnier how you pretend to know me so well. So let's just stop this bickering and meandering back and forth shall we. I was willing to let this die, but I can continue if we must.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:13 pm
It's funnier how you pretend to know me so well. So let's just stop this bickering and meandering back and forth shall we. I was willing to let this die, but I can continue if we must.
You were? Perhaps you should have thought about this before you showed up in here this evening. Or before you decided to call me out for doing something that was in no way morally or ethically wrong.
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:13 pm
Bring it!

(But make it quick, I still have to run my dailies :razz :)
Oct 26, 2008
888 posts
9697 upvotes
Barrie
truckerofbc wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 6:36 pm
I really should say thanks to K.S. and S.P. for the lovely material.
See now I am offended that you are spreading misinformation. Unless that S.P is not directed at me. But I have a feeling it is.

For the record. I spoke out on AIRWICK and I called out all the people that responded with their fake accounts - in public, in plain site- no hiding (which of course is all you guys did- hide) . And I wrote the AIRWICK sponsor - with nothing more than the same stuff I provided on the wall. Links to the blatant cheating as well as my distaste for the lack of honestly in voting contests. I called a spade is a spade is a spade.. in public on the Airwick wall.

So if that S.P is me, you can keep my name out of Diesel or any of your other wars.

I think I should send a "cease and desist " letter to you, putting my initials up there with a lie, my lawyer will have a fit! Libel , Slander. yikes. I can guarantee you that I never sent anything to anyone, except Airwick. Which was proof , that I also linked on the wall. And had nothing to do with you personally. I don't think in fact , that you were even in the airwick conversation with me .
:D Be Yourself.. Everyone Else Is Taken :D
:D May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night. This is a rich universe and there is plenty for all of us. I am filled with good luck. I am my wishes realized. I am a WINNER !! :D
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8691 posts
13634 upvotes
If there is going to be a vote tee hee then I vote for packing it in and logging off.

Goodnight and see you in the morning, ishfish out.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wow, "There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (18 members and 9 guests)". I don't think I've ever seen this many people in this thread at one time!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8691 posts
13634 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:22 pm
Wow, "There are currently 27 users browsing this thread. (18 members and 9 guests)". I don't think I've ever seen this many people in this thread at one time!
A pissing match attracts many spectators...myself I am all wet...so please put your mighty epenis's away...go for a walk..run your dailies....and call it a night.

ishfish out - for real this time. :)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've optimized my dailies - it's highly efficient once I get them going. It's the getting going that's the hard part.
Oct 26, 2008
888 posts
9697 upvotes
Barrie
And by the way. If you think I am the only one that writes sponsors on why voting contests are horrible, you would be mistaken. Lots of people do. They just do it without mentioning publicly for fear of recourse from you.

And funniest thing about it is. Airwick is the FIRST EVER letter to a sponsor I have ever written in my life other than a thank you. lol. Boy, are you ever screwed up.
:D Be Yourself.. Everyone Else Is Taken :D
:D May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night. This is a rich universe and there is plenty for all of us. I am filled with good luck. I am my wishes realized. I am a WINNER !! :D
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ishfish wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:26 pm
A pissing match attracts many spectators...myself I am all wet...so please put your mighty epenis's away...go for a walk..run your dailies....and call it a night.

ishfish out - for real this time. :)
:?: :?:

You may want to consider rephrasing that :razz: