• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
2447 posts
1615 upvotes
Ontario's West coast
pancakemeow wrote: happened to a crapload of people a few months ago on facebook , including me. after I did the photo verification (correctly), a few hours later I was locked out again and had to enter a cell number, and they sent me a text verification code I had to enter..so beware this could happen to you next.
I t happened to me too, I too have a whole bunch of friends who I don't know anything about just we all like contests. Took me forever to get the account back.
Dec 8, 2010
639 posts
2038 upvotes
It's never happened to me but I took a screenshot of all my "friends" just in case. Hopefully no one changes their picture :)
Every time I see "Sr. Member" under my name...I feel really old :|
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15578 posts
5092 upvotes
Toronto
jonnieh wrote: That's the number that called me last week about wining a tablet from the Kitkat contest!
Got in touch with them. It was for this contest. Thanks Vilmark!
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15578 posts
5092 upvotes
Toronto
valeriey wrote: How do you post a link like that?
The little icon between the smiley face and the envelope. Looks like a globe with a pop cap next to it.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
For those of you that won larger prizes in the Skittles contest, has anyone not been sent release forms yet?

My daughter and husband both got there's but I have yet to get anything.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23799 posts
7650 upvotes
North Vancouver
ok, call me curious... what is a "gof forever"?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
gbamber wrote: ok, call me curious... what is a "gof forever"?
It's from my favourite original star trek episode called guardian of forever
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23799 posts
7650 upvotes
North Vancouver
gofforever wrote: it's from my favourite original star trek episode called guardian of forever
time has resumed its shape. All is as it was before. Many such journeys are possible. Let me be your gateway.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
gofforever wrote: For those of you that won larger prizes in the Skittles contest, has anyone not been sent release forms yet?

My daughter and husband both got there's but I have yet to get anything.
I received release forms on tuesday for both the bowling ball and the moon shoes. Sent them back on wednesday and received an email today saying they received them and prizes would be sent out withing 30 days. (I also received the bag of skittles today, no form necessary)
bring back colour
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
I got my skittles leg warmers today, no form to fill out, they just showed up.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
gbamber wrote: time has resumed its shape. All is as it was before. Many such journeys are possible. Let me be your gateway.
Always nice to know there are fellow trekkies out there
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
vilmark wrote: I received release forms on tuesday for both the bowling ball and the moon shoes. Sent them back on wednesday and received an email today saying they received them and prizes would be sent out withing 30 days. (I also received the bag of skittles today, no form necessary)
Did you win them early on in the contest? I won the moon shoes on Sept 7.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378567 upvotes
Ottawa
yes moon shoes were in the first day or two, bowling ball was near the end.
bring back colour
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
pancakemeow wrote: happened to a crapload of people a few months ago on facebook , including me. after I did the photo verification (correctly), a few hours later I was locked out again and had to enter a cell number, and they sent me a text verification code I had to enter..so beware this could happen to you next.
Yep, it just happened. Tried to do a contest just now on Facebook and noticed I was logged out. I never log out, so I knew it was a bad sign. Soon as I logged back in I was told I was locked out yet again.
I thought it was going to make me do that stupid photo verification again, but it was the text verification. Luckily that was quite easy and I am back in business.

Hope everything is fine now and I don't find myself locked out yet again.
Jan 19, 2011
366 posts
703 upvotes
I'm not locked out but it refuses to let me view comments or like posts. No idea how to fix.
Dec 8, 2010
639 posts
2038 upvotes
Is it just me or are blog contests taking FOREVER to load these days? I'm ready to stop entering them. My computer seems so slow AFTER entering them too. I only enter momvsboys and frugalmom...maybe a couple more. It's so annoying!!! It's like there so much crap and ads to load it takes so long especially during daytime hours. Maybe its my old mac but I feel like I'm back in the 90's and on my parents dial up.
Every time I see "Sr. Member" under my name...I feel really old :|
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
Nah, they're websites are extremely bloated. Then they add in these huge background images for some reason that have to download and take more time.
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
ok, I don't know what contest triggered these emails that I have just started receiving, but I'm not impressed. In the last 3 days I have deleated over 4 or 5 emails everyday from women soliciting for on line sex....anyone know what contest triggered that?.. I only enter contests from this site or some that are on my fb news feed....
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
3213 posts
6903 upvotes
Oakville
^adriana?Readers digest? :-0