[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The DZA wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:47 pm
I dont know who your talking about but this statement of yours is just a little hypocritical dont you think?
If you don't know who I'm talking about, then how do you know I'm being hypocritical about it?

I know for a fact that you talk about me behind my back, whereas when I had issues with you in the past I PM'd you directly.

So who's hypocritical?
Feb 10, 2007
20 posts
279 upvotes
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the world of contesting, having started sometime in October and quickly became addicted.

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone in this really awesome online community, and more importantly thank the people who share and post contests and tips every day. Hopefully I'd be of use and be able to contribute in some way too.

In the mean time, if anyone would like to add me/send me invites/otherwise spam me, please feel free to do so: https://www.facebook.com/nana.ren.58 . I don't know anyone else irl who is into contesting, and it'd be cool to have some online friends who share this interest.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The DZA wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:47 pm
I dont know who your talking about but this statement of yours is just a little hypocritical dont you think?
BTW, have you forgotten about nsx's warning? If you want to start something ....
Dec 6, 2010
205 posts
88 upvotes
Calgary
Canadian Living contest page

It hasn't been working for me for about 3 days. Is anyone else having trouble ??
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Suzanneab wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:27 pm
Canadian Living contest page

It hasn't been working for me for about 3 days. Is anyone else having trouble ??
Nope, it and it's sister websites all seem to be loading OK for me. It does blip from time to time, but nothing like what you're experiencing.

Try another browser?
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
36336 posts
20558 upvotes
Economy
vilmark wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 6:07 pm
I freakin love people, seriously. besides you can only win once, is their issue that they cant use their family accts, dogs, cats, and cousins 5x removed to win multiple times. I will never understand greed and jealousy. I share because I like to pass on my good fortune to others. oh and Ronin thank you but don't feel you need to protect them. Id out them.
Really??
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20163 posts
358551 upvotes
Ottawa
valeriey wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:40 pm
Really??
yup one win per person.
bring back colour
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
36336 posts
20558 upvotes
Economy
vilmark wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 9:48 pm
yup one win per person.
So do I just bow out or do I keep sending gifts?
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20163 posts
358551 upvotes
Ottawa
im sending to help others win.
bring back colour
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
36336 posts
20558 upvotes
Economy
vilmark wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:06 pm
im sending to help others win.
Good plan! I will do the same. :)
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8600 posts
13444 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 5:55 pm
If you're not happy that I am sharing contest information with my fellow RFDers, then the proper thing to do would be to not enter the contests that I post here either. Fair enough?
It must be discouraging for those who post to experience the secret societies of the Cabal (the symbol of which I suspect is a vulture).

I do not know if I believe in Karma - but I do believe in personal ethics. A very basic ethic is to respect to the community as a whole and the OP in specific.

I do not FB so I have no interest in this contest - but I like our little community and like it when people openly share contests, pins, upc etc.
I rarely if ever win anything - but I feel great if I can help with a pin etc, those moments for me are a win.
Dec 19, 2005
316 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
I just want to say that when I've posted a contest (and beat one of the big personalities to it - some folks here are so quick) I was genuinely excited when an RFDer messaged me to say they won! It was a trip to NYC so not a small thing and I was glad to hear someone from the community had managed to get selected! Even though I wasn't the lucky one I was glad to have made it possible for someone else :)
2012 prize wins: Dewalt 2012 hat, Big Decision prize pack, $10 Mark's GC... I've been pretty lazy about contesting in 2012!
2011 prize wins: $10 Mark's Work Wearhouse gift certificate, Starbucks coffee sampler (canada.com), ELLE Magazine/Sony Music trip to see Foster the People in Tokyo, Japan!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8600 posts
13444 upvotes
meagicano wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 10:50 pm
I just want to say that when I've posted a contest (and beat one of the big personalities to it - some folks here are so quick) I was genuinely excited when an RFDer messaged me to say they won! It was a trip to NYC so not a small thing and I was glad to hear someone from the community had managed to get selected! Even though I wasn't the lucky one I was glad to have made it possible for someone else :)
Ya, that is the spirit!
Aug 20, 2010
21 posts
7 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:08 pm
Oh no, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm losing sleep over staying up to 3am for the fun to start :lol:

The comments made by this individual only confirm my opinion of their little group.

Thanks for your support!
Okay, so let's be clear here and state the facts before they are mistrewn here.
#1 I have nothing against you per se Ronin except for the fact that you are a vocal anti Voting person and I am currently on the warpath of those are anti voters who are hypocrites. Let it be known that if I catch someone who is anti voting entering a voting contest, I will screen shot every complaint they made and post it along with the contest they are entering. It's nothing personal. I'm tired of hearing it and seeing the hypocritical persons entering and then complaining. I win a pair of shoes and a pair of underwear and I am suddenly Canada's worst voting nightmare. Give me a break. Lets call a spade a spade. You guys sit here and test out every contest you can looking for kinks in the armor winning far more than a pair of underwear and a pair of shoes.
#2 It was told to me yesterday that this contest doles out prizes at midnight PST and to try then. Nothing more nothing less. So I simply saved my gifts that people had sent and voila...at 12:01am it worked. Whether it was due to this will be anybody's guess unless it happens again tonight and the next night. For me, it was simply it worked once when I was told it would work. And just so you are aware, it was told to me by another RFD who asked me to keep it quiet. This was why it appeared to me that you as a group were holding back information.
#3 This morning I received a message that you had informed the people on RFD that this is the method and it works. So quite simply, I guess you can say that I felt you and your "gang" were witholding information so I released it to hundreds of others who are not members of RFD.
#4 As for your misguided and ill attempted mask of contempt towards me about "this little group"...you obviously dont know your facts and like sheep tend to follow. Why don;t you look at the facts before you make comments. When was the last voting contest I entered before the last couple I entered? What does my wall suggest to you voting or random? (apart from the last month and a half)...if you know me you would know it is majority random for almost a year. And before that in the last 4 years how many votings have I won? I believe the correct answer is 3. Top 100 Mobilicity. A Powerbar prize pack which I donated away to a Calgary Swim Club and the other half to a football team and the 3rd was the Granville Island Brewery prize pack which is in my pictures...sadly no free beer. Just a garbage can and a few trinkets. Perhaps you should look before you slander people publicly.
× < >