Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1634 posts
228 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 12:11 pm
Cream of Wheat freebie, in case anyone's interested: Cream of Wheat freebie https://www.facebook.com/CreamOfWheatCa ... 9698100103 (first 5,000)
Thank you for being a fan. Your unique claim number is xxxxxxxxxxx. You will receive a confirmation email for your records. About 300 left!

Thanks Ronin. Feel free to post any valuable freebies here. ;)
Nov 7, 2012
105 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
Is anyone else going to try to get into the Speed Hagerty Fantasy Bid contest tonight? I've pretty much decided that if the live feed of the auction runs ok on my ipad I'll try and get in, otherwise I don't think I'll try.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Tracydeanne2 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 1:05 pm
Is anyone else going to try to get into the Speed Hagerty Fantasy Bid contest tonight? I've pretty much decided that if the live feed of the auction runs ok on my ipad I'll try and get in, otherwise I don't think I'll try.
What time does that start? I'd totally forgotten about it.
Nov 7, 2012
105 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
ronin1701 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 1:16 pm
What time does that start? I'd totally forgotten about it.
Tonight it starts at 7 pm EST. The rest of the week is 2 pm EST which sucks.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Tracydeanne2 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 1:19 pm
Tonight it starts at 7 pm EST. The rest of the week is 2 pm EST which sucks.
I guess I'll tune in briefly tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on. But if the entry window doesn't show up within the first 1/2 hour I'm not going to bother (plus TBBT is on at 8). There's no way I'm going to stay tuned until almost midnight.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I get Speed TV. Is there an online stream for the event?
Nov 7, 2012
105 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
ronin1701 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 1:23 pm
I guess I'll tune in briefly tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on. But if the entry window doesn't show up within the first 1/2 hour I'm not going to bother (plus TBBT is on at 8). There's no way I'm going to stay tuned until almost midnight.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I get Speed TV. Is there an online stream for the event?
I don't get Speed TV either, but the contest page says that the auction will be live streaming on it. lol, I love BBT. That's why I figure if I can stream the auction it on my ipad I'll try to enter, means I can go about my regular business!
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have a general question re: referral entries from woobox contests hosted on Facebook.

If multiple people send you referral requests for the same contest, and you click on the link in the notifications bar at the top of your page (the one beside the link to your messages), who gets the referral?

The first sender? The last sender? Random?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2009
2985 posts
627 upvotes
Richmond
ronin1701 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 2:26 pm
I have a general question re: referral entries from woobox contests hosted on Facebook.

If multiple people send you referral requests for the same contest, and you click on the link in the notifications bar at the top of your page (the one beside the link to your messages), who gets the referral?

The first sender? The last sender? Random?
I've often wondered the same thing. :)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
travelbuds wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 2:33 pm
I've often wondered the same thing. :)
Yeah, sometimes I've worried about who I'm "giving" the bonus entry to.

In fairness, it should always go to the first person to send me the contest referral, but I've got so many requests coming in every day, it's hard to keep track of what's going on.

Would be nice to know if woobox/facebook thinks the same way and automatically redirects me to the link for the first person to send it to me.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just got this email from Kobo:

[QUOTE]Unfortunately due to unforeseen technical difficulties the 'Guess the Character Trivia' Contest is no longer available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment.

As a thank you for registering we have entered you and all 'Guess the Character Trivia' contest registrants into a draw for a $1,000 prepaid credit card. [/QUOTE]

Now if only we could get Hilroy to do the same thing for their verdammt Five Star contest :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3548 posts
14139 upvotes
Halifax
Speed tv fantasy bidding contest too much for me....their server crashed on the first bid, and they haven't done another one since. I was also off by $100k on the first bid, not a good sign. Lol. Oh well, one entry into grand prize draw, I'll take it!
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
14178 posts
106479 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Tracydeanne wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 9:11 pm
Speed tv fantasy bidding contest too much for me....their server crashed on the first bid, and they haven't done another one since. I was also off by $100k on the first bid, not a good sign. Lol. Oh well, one entry into grand prize draw, I'll take it!
Yeah, that was a total fail. There's a lot of bitching happening on their FB wall, lol.
Nov 7, 2012
105 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
Just in case anyone is going to give the Speed TV Fantasy bidding contest another go:

Fantasy Bid Noticeclose

NOTICE: On January 17, 2013, the first day of the Barrett-Jackson Fantasy Bid Game — Scottsdale 2013 and the Barrett-Jackson Fantasy Bid Sweepstakes — Scottsdale 2013 (together referred to as the “Game”), technical problems with the computer system beyond the control of Sponsor resulted in an impairment to the proper play of the Game. As a result, pursuant to the Official Rules, the Sponsor suspended the registration and play of the Game following the initial Fantasy Bid Auction on that day to repair the system.

Registration for the Game is now open and Game play will resume during the Auction Times listed in the Official Rules, today, January 18, 2013. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the players in the Game.
Nov 7, 2012
105 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
Tracydeanne2 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 2:18 pm
Just in case anyone is going to give the Speed TV Fantasy bidding contest another go:

Fantasy Bid Noticeclose

NOTICE: On January 17, 2013, the first day of the Barrett-Jackson Fantasy Bid Game — Scottsdale 2013 and the Barrett-Jackson Fantasy Bid Sweepstakes — Scottsdale 2013 (together referred to as the “Game”), technical problems with the computer system beyond the control of Sponsor resulted in an impairment to the proper play of the Game. As a result, pursuant to the Official Rules, the Sponsor suspended the registration and play of the Game following the initial Fantasy Bid Auction on that day to repair the system.

Registration for the Game is now open and Game play will resume during the Auction Times listed in the Official Rules, today, January 18, 2013. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the players in the Game.
Nevermind, Day 2, server again crashed on first bid. Ditching. :confused:
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2003
1558 posts
1417 upvotes
SASKABUSH
time wise, actually if it took me an HOUR TO DO 100, I'd never sweep
I suggest you ask others how they are able to enter so fast, and if you ARE comfortable with the methods they use (like roboform), then incorporate them
I easily enter 1000 in one hr and those include blogs and right now two twitter ones, plus about 80 fb sweeps as well as the reg urls
but I do like all the stuff you did write
(with roboform I am going directly to the url, I am NOT coming here and then going to a url. Some people use book marks and pop them open all at once (Advant browser is good for that)
weirdest win - toilet - casaguru