• Mar 28th, 2024 2:13 pm
Tags:
Nov 18, 2013
51 posts
298 upvotes
Peterborough
I mentioned on this contest that it kept telling me my postal code was invalid:
2014-04-30-scion-what-moves-you-contest ... k-1438410/

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, since no one mentioned it on the thread. I contacted Scion about it and a really nice woman looked into it for me. They have fixed the problem and it now works for me, and hopefully anyone else who had issues (major city postal codes didn't seem to have issues, just small towns!).

The Toyota contest here also works now for my postal code (Scion is Toyota after all):
2014-12-31-toyota-win-corolla-s-1438747/
2014 Wins: $322.69
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone else seen Facebook contests (daily contests) where all that comes up is an 'Enter' button? If I click on it, it tells me the entry was successful, but since I can't see any of the fields, I am always in doubt as to whether my information is actually correct, or whether it is even going through. I entered these contests manually the first few times, and then when I go back to the same page after that, just the 'Enter' button appears.
Nov 4, 2008
8 posts
7 upvotes
Barrie
digidaze wrote: From a Pinterest contest.

Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received and our mood that day. If this is a “head office votes” type contest then we receive the right to vote for the winners in any manner that we choose (e.g. the choice may not be random.) In addition, the number of votes *your* entry receives does not necessarily indicate you winning or losing a prize (the more votes you have does not mean you more likely to win (e.g. we will pick the choice WE like best). All judges (Head Office) decisions are final.

Okaaaay. I guess I'll skip this one.
So this could be good ( in case of cheating etc) or it could be bad.. in the case where they post rules we are to follow about designing our board and then select someone who didn't follow those rules but did perhaps just pin multiple of their products to a board... I've seen that happen, haven't felt like entering any pinterest contests since....
:) Good Luck and Happy Contesting.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
BobSagget wrote: i think after you enter the first time your info is saved to a cookie. which is why deleting your cookies or entering the contest for the first time from another browser will cause the form to appear again.

Like this contest:
https://www.facebook.com/mmmeatshops/ap ... 7027018120
Thanks, that's one of the ones I was thinking of. I was worried it was just some kind of quirk with my browser. I appreciate just having to hit 'enter' because obviously it saves me time, but I would think the fields should still show.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Anyone ever received a call from 905-426-3891?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
Pretty amazing - Bob you seem to be the king of the trip contests! Congrats!
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
[QUOTE]There will be one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The prize consists of a full set of Bauer hockey equipment (valued at $2,500. Cdn.) and a trip for the winner and two (2) guests (who have reached the age of majority in their home province) to Toronto, Ontario, for a weekend of Hockey (date to be determined by Contest Sponsor). The trip consists of economy airfare (if required) from the major Canadian airport nearest the winner's home to the trip destination, roundtrip transfers as required, and accommodation for three (3) days and two (2) nights. Note that the approximate retail value of the trip is based on a Vancouver departure and accommodation is based on three (3) occupants sharing a room. Also included is a Friday night dinner reception with hockey legend Wendel Clark; on Saturday morning play a 3-3 hockey tournament with Wendel Clark in the “Irwin Cup Championship”, limo transportation from the hotel to Wendel’s private rink – Clark Gardens™ and return to the hotel; Saturday breakfast and lunch will be provided; Saturday Evening – three (3) tickets to a pro level hockey game in a private box hosted by Wendel Clark along with a game time meal; Sunday morning will be a tour the Hockey Hall of Fame after which the winner and his/her guests will be taken to the point of departure. If the winner resides under 200 km from the City of Toronto, limousine service will be provided to transport the winner and two (2) guests to and from the hotel destination to the winner’s home. Approximate retail value is $50,000.00.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! If I had been told I was the potential winner of an arv of 50k upon completion of the stq 1+1=, I have no doubt I would answer 25.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
Sorry guys, I didn't post it in the contest win thread because it wasn't my win. A family member won. I should have mentioned it in the post above. I was just pretty excited about the news. They got in touch with the contest sponsor and that's how I found out what the prize was.

I'm invited to go as one of the guests if I want to, but I might pass. I have other family members who are much bigger hockey fans than I am (not really into it :confused :)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
BobSagget wrote: Sorry guys, I didn't post it in the contest win thread because it wasn't my win. A family member won. I should have mentioned it in the post above. I was just pretty excited about the news. They got in touch with the contest sponsor and that's how I found out what the prize was.

I'm invited to go as one of the guests if I want to, but I might pass. I have other family members who are much bigger hockey fans than I am (not really into it :confused :)
OK, so in that case it's not just you that's lucky, but your whole family! :lol:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
toguy wrote: OK, so in that case it's not just you that's lucky, but your whole family! :lol:
I like to take partial credit for this win though, lol. If I hadn't have won that BC trip back in December, they wouldn't have started entering contests at all.
Apr 10, 2013
3 posts
8 upvotes
Woodstock
I am recently engaged and wondering if anyone knows any good sites for Canadian wedding contests ?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211309 upvotes
GTA
hoppernicole wrote: I am recently engaged and wondering if anyone knows any good sites for Canadian wedding contests ?
Based on contest postings that I've seen here, any of the bridal/wedding magazines should be running several contests.
Mar 13, 2009
136 posts
294 upvotes
random question: when I am filling in with auto chrome the fields are yellow. but when i type in my details the fields become white.
would/could this be an indication for the host that an "auto program" was used thus disqualifying the entry if it said stated that auto programs are not to be used in the rules.
any thoughts on this guys?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)