Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
Is there a way to block the whiners in the contest thread who do nothing but post sad faces and whine if they dont win something for a week? I feel like throwing up when I see full grown men constantly posting sad faces because they havent won something in a week.
Jan 19, 2011
366 posts
703 upvotes
If you don't like someones posting you can click on their profile and add to ignore list.
Jul 3, 2007
80 posts
265 upvotes
i was wondering the exact same thing. with the amount of prizes to be won and notifications of prizes given out, ive only seen a couple posted. maybe it takes a few days to get emails out?
alexle wrote: Did anyone win anything from this contest lately?

2014-02-26-mondelez-pride-joy-1431553/

We've been winning a lot of medals (yay!) so I'm sure there's some prize winners here. BTW, the iPhone app is very buggy...
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
Between work and the Olympics I am having a hard time getting my daily's done, and any new contests...Stuck to the tv watching the Olympics....bit of a Olympic nut.....loving every moment of it though..... :D
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes

We've been winning a lot of medals (yay!) so I'm sure there's some prize winners here. BTW, the iPhone app is very buggy...
My daughter is not a member of this board but she won a cowbell. What she's going to do with it I don't know. lol
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15578 posts
5092 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote: My daughter is not a member of this board but she won a cowbell. What she's going to do with it I don't know. lol
Do you know someone with a fever?
Maybe someone with a prescription?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8501 posts
2496 upvotes
Toronto
hi! Has anyone in Ontario received their Kokanee prizes yet? I think I'm going to send them a terse e-mail.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44557 posts
44957 upvotes
Economy, NS
vorthex wrote: Is there a way to block the whiners in the contest thread who do nothing but post sad faces and whine if they dont win something for a week? I feel like throwing up when I see full grown men constantly posting sad faces because they havent won something in a week.
Those posts don't bother me because after seeing/reading them I know I am not alone on the island.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8501 posts
2496 upvotes
Toronto
valeriey wrote: Those posts don't bother me because after seeing/reading them I know I am not alone on the island.
+1 but vorthex is probably talking 'bout me, eh? lol
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1559 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto

Could it be because you only qualify for the secondary prizes by downloading apps?

These rules are a bit odd:

To enter for the Grand Prize, on the registration page you must check the box to indicate you want to enter for the Grand Prize trip to Sochi, Russia. Please see 3 for eligibility criteria for the Grand Prize.

All App downloads or signups via the website during the Secondary Prize Period automatically count as an entry in the Secondary Prize draws.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23799 posts
7650 upvotes
North Vancouver
vorthex wrote: Is there a way to block the whiners in the contest thread who do nothing but post sad faces and whine if they dont win something for a week? I feel like throwing up when I see full grown men constantly posting sad faces because they havent won something in a week.
... and people who complain that they only won $16,000 worth last year compared to $25,000 the year before. I'd love to win even just $100 annually.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1886 posts
17750 upvotes
valeriey wrote: Those posts don't bother me because after seeing/reading them I know I am not alone on the island.
But the thing is you don't need someone to post "they're on a dry spell" to know you're not alone on the island. It's named the "contest win's" thread for a reason and it should only be used for that imo. And also for congratulating the poster for their win obviously
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
gbamber wrote: ... and people who complain that they only won $16,000 worth last year compared to $25,000 the year before. I'd love to win even just $100 annually.
My kids always laugh at me because I get excited even over a $2 prize. I must say that I have won some nice prizes including trips. My goal is to try and win 1 prize a month not matter what the value of the prize is. I'm always happy when others win and I guess that's why I'm a sucker for watching wheel of fortune or let's make a deal. I love hearing about other peoples wins and for those that haven't won anything here's hoping that this is your year!
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1396 posts
228 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote: Do you know someone with a fever?
Maybe someone with a prescription?
:) :)

The best SNL skit in the long history ( IMHO )
It never fails to make me belly laugh.
It was sounding great, but I could have used a little more cowbell.
Oct 25, 2012
723 posts
2519 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like they contacted the Wiser's finalists, so I guess I didn't get picked. Sadface. Anyone here make it? If so, you have the power of my vote behind you.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1015 posts
1948 upvotes
hm. not to be a jerk but. i think this should be pointed out

These are all your posts in the "winners thread"

Jan 8th 2014
vorthex wrote: worst contest of the year for me. i spent about $125 on pins for this contest and didnt win. i think i defied the odds

Dec 23rd 2013
vorthex wrote: i need to win something. contesting is getting really boring... no BIG wins in 7 years ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... 1k + prize PLEASEEEE contest gods.
and

Dec. 19th 2013
vorthex wrote: Damn that contest... in total I had 12,000 entries for the Car and didnt win.. I literally spent like 5 hours a day on it. GRRR!
Don't get me wrong, i get what you are saying. but you have to see the irony right?
Jan 12, 2011
405 posts
49 upvotes
Penticton
jamesfitzgibbon wrote: +1 but vorthex is probably talking 'bout me, eh? lol
He complains about everyone you'd think he wouldn't read the forums and just use the contests considering how sensitive he is to what other people do
May 11, 2005
522 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
Question: I am curious...
In reading the rules online for some contests offering all-inclusive trips, the rules state "not included: transportation fees, taxes and service charges.. currency and fuel surcharges, etc..."
If you look online the "fees" are in the range of $400 to $450 per person on top of the package price per person (I was looking at sunquest.ca)
If you win the prize do you have to pay that much in taxes in fees when you book your trip?
When I won an all-inclusive trip package on-air from a radio station... we were not out of pocket anything for our trip.
But when you win online, you pay those extra fees after you win?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
4265 posts
23520 upvotes
North York
Triever wrote: Question: I am curious...
In reading the rules online for some contests offering all-inclusive trips, the rules state "not included: transportation fees, taxes and service charges.. currency and fuel surcharges, etc..."
If you look online the "fees" are in the range of $400 to $450 per person on top of the package price per person (I was looking at sunquest.ca)
If you win the prize do you have to pay that much in taxes in fees when you book your trip?
When I won an all-inclusive trip package on-air from a radio station... we were not out of pocket anything for our trip.
But when you win online, you pay those extra fees after you win?
It all depends on the sponsor-regardless of the method of entry; I won three online trips and I did not have to pay anything out of pocket even though two of those contest said that the extras like taxes are additional and not included in the prize