• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3111 posts
4639 upvotes
jamesfitzgibbon wrote: no - I've sworn off them forever - sorry
Called their toll free number and got my problem fixed within minutes. Somehow when updating the update reverted to roboform everywhere instead of desktop. You could try calling and see if they can fix things for your home computer.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2009
2961 posts
757 upvotes
Richmond
Portia181 wrote: Travelbuds just saw your post have not got my blanket yet either !!
Thanks for the update. Was just wanting to make sure I was not the only one waiting.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1582 upvotes
ashmaster wrote: can't see the article, but im from windsor too!
I cut out the article from the local paper, have one in a scrap book and the other in my contest book I keep.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
1439 posts
32 upvotes
Anyone else get a RSVP for the Sony event?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1886 posts
17750 upvotes
pacats wrote: Anyone else get a RSVP for the Sony event?
Yep. 4 other posters have as well. Check the contest win thread!
Deal Expert
Jan 11, 2013
15578 posts
5092 upvotes
Toronto
pacats wrote: Anyone else get a RSVP for the Sony event?
Yes, hope to see you there!
Also heard from the lady with the timeshares. Perfectly pleasant, but not my cup of tea.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
16854 posts
1284 upvotes
BD12 wrote: Did anyone get a call from Skyline Vacation Club? Seems legit (I guess)...they offered me tickets to a presentation being held downtown but I turned it down.

2014-05-31-skyline-vacation-club-great- ... b-1441864/
I got a call too, debating on whether I should go or not....
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3516 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
JayTee1 wrote: I got a call too, debating on whether I should go or not....
Are they giving free stuff for people to attend? I would only go if you're able to say no when the pressure is on to buy, they will push.

I got caught up in a timeshare presentation years ago. They actually forced you to sit down (with a very pushy salesperson) after the presentation, and sign something saying you declined, before they allowed you to leave. It was very uncomfortable and strange. Felt a bit like a hostage situation. In hindsight, I don't know why I didn't just say screw you, I'm leaving, but their pressure tactics are heavy.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
Tracydeanne wrote: Are they giving free stuff for people to attend? I would only go if you're able to say no when the pressure is on to buy, they will push.

I got caught up in a timeshare presentation years ago. They actually forced you to sit down (with a very pushy salesperson) after the presentation, and sign something saying you declined, before they allowed you to leave. It was very uncomfortable and strange. Felt a bit like a hostage situation. In hindsight, I don't know why I didn't just say screw you, I'm leaving, but their pressure tactics are heavy.
A couple of years ago I got a call about going to some place in Woodbridge, ON where at the end I am guaranteed one of 3 prizes (I think it was a choice between a TV, vacation, and one other prize). I did some research online and just decided it wasn't worth the hassle, as I would have had to rearrange my work schedule to attend, and didn't want to deal with the sales pressure either. The company putting this on was DirectBuy.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
https://twitter.com/momvstheboys

HAHAHHA OMG, SHE WON THE GRAND PRIZE OF THE TWITTER PARTY AGAIN, WHAT A SURPRISE LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a JOKE!!!! how did i know this was going to happen? these companies sponsoring them need to WAKE UP.
Jul 3, 2010
387 posts
2309 upvotes
Niagara Falls
vorthex wrote: https://twitter.com/momvstheboys

HAHAHHA OMG, SHE WON THE GRAND PRIZE OF THE TWITTER PARTY AGAIN, WHAT A SURPRISE LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a JOKE!!!! how did i know this was going to happen? these companies sponsoring them need to WAKE UP.

yeah these frustrate me to no end.. I gave up on them awhile ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
pancakemeow wrote: yeah these frustrate me to no end.. I gave up on them awhile ago.
LMAO, pretty sure she just recently won the frigidaire grand prize during their twitter party too

its SUCH a joke... they exploit company after company
Jul 3, 2010
387 posts
2309 upvotes
Niagara Falls
vorthex wrote: LMAO, pretty sure she just recently won the frigidaire grand prize during their twitter party too

its SUCH a joke... they exploit company after company
yup I think it was an oven she won? well the company probably likes it because maybe she'll blog about it and give them more exposure. the blogs are all ridiculous anyways, they always have the disclaimer that their reviews are their own opinion etc, but I've yet to see a negative review on anything. obviously they aren't going to write a bad review when they are getting free stuff!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
haha ya...

is there some law against the exploitation of contests like these? like seriously, talk about corrupt.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44557 posts
44957 upvotes
Economy, NS
This is why I don't enter blog/twitter contests
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8501 posts
2496 upvotes
Toronto
vorthex wrote: https://twitter.com/momvstheboys

+1 - the fix is in!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1559 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
I have been playing the cheesestrings games for a few days now but still only have one entry from signing up for the contest. I obtain more than the minimum required to earn a PIN on the games, but my entry count never rises. Am I supposed to be given a PIN after playing the games? And if so, where will it appear? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)