Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

Nov 18, 2006
510 posts
559 upvotes
radchaddy wrote:
Nov 19th, 2009 2:40 am
I have never won anything big, most of the notifications have come by email. My son won $1000 from Crush and later a Zune and he was notified by phone both times. The only time I have received a call is when I won a second prize in the Hain contest (value $110) in the summer and they phoned but did not leave a message the first time they called.

It seems that they usually phone for the big wins, like the trips that have been mentioned recently. And one of those big winners said they left a message for her to call back.

It would drive me crazy not to answer the calls from unknown numbers if that was the number I was using for contests. Do you have another phone number you could use for contests, like a cell?
Thanks radchaddy for responding, as well as others that added to this discussion.

Can't use the cell, cuz I'm on a limited incoming calls plan (can't afford paying more). So I use our landline for all my contests. We have SO MANY telemarketers that call us 3-6 times a day. They're annoying. Some are so damn rude too if you tell them you're not interested. One guy hung up on me while I was declining their offer midsentence!

I am sincerely hoping that the winning calls will always leave a voicemail message... or email. I check the Rules for each contest that I enter and a few of them do state that they ONLY phone for the Winning Entry.

I guess I should answer all calls JUST to be safe though...
Biggest wins: Energizer Xbox console, Rustoleum $5000, Armstrong Cheese $1000, Gatorade $500 nba.com, AVEDA $6000 Austria Trip, NSK: Ipad
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3812 posts
1130 upvotes
Montreal
onomeister wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 9:44 pm
................ We have SO MANY telemarketers that call us 3-6 times a day. They're annoying. Some are so damn rude too if you tell them you're not interested. One guy hung up on me while I was declining their offer midsentence! ..................
To those annoying telemarketer, I generally tell them to take my number off their list right the way (I don't trust that "DO NOT CALL" list that tell you to give them your info). Or "this is the "x" time I told me take my number off your list.

If I am doing something, I just tell them in their mid-sentence - I am not interested and hung up right the way.

I have noticed now I only have 1 or 2 those calls a month.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1543 posts
30 upvotes
No its not as crass as some of you think. My question is re contests where the prize includes makeovers and wardrobe. It seems usually even though the it never states they are only open for females they based on description they are prize described like it is maninly gfor females. All this being said have any of you males pout there entered any of these and won. If so did you keep it for yourself or did the contest ask you if you had a female in your life for it. I have always wondered if a contest like this would ever declare a male a winner or draw till the got a female name.

Hope you can understand my questions/post.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2724 posts
233 upvotes
Wish me luck for the NVIDIA Ultimate ION!! I have tweeted approximately 400 witty jokes in hopes of promoting, and winning this NetBook! Contest ends on the 22nd and will draws on the 25th!

If you are curious about the tweets I made, follow me @vorthex85 on twitter :)
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2007
4005 posts
588 upvotes
God's Country
vorthex wrote:
Nov 21st, 2009 4:19 pm
Wish me luck for the NVIDIA Ultimate ION!! I have tweeted approximately 400 witty jokes in hopes of promoting, and winning this NetBook! Contest ends on the 22nd and will draws on the 25th!

If you are curious about the tweets I made, follow me @vorthex85 on twitter :)
ALL the best to you V and take home that Netbook!!
Nothing but Good Thoughts :)
Jun 10, 2009
83 posts
18 upvotes
Kalel wrote:
Nov 21st, 2009 8:03 am
No its not as crass as some of you think. My question is re contests where the prize includes makeovers and wardrobe. It seems usually even though the it never states they are only open for females they based on description they are prize described like it is maninly gfor females. All this being said have any of you males pout there entered any of these and won. If so did you keep it for yourself or did the contest ask you if you had a female in your life for it. I have always wondered if a contest like this would ever declare a male a winner or draw till the got a female name.

I don't think any contests I've seen have been restricted based on gender. I think it would be unethical if a contest did.
Nov 18, 2006
510 posts
559 upvotes
Kalel wrote:
Nov 21st, 2009 8:03 am
:o I always feel weird entering contests sponsored by "feminine hygiene" brands, such as Playtex, etc... (cuz I'm a male) - But the prize is too good to resist! :cheesygri

Btw Kalel, I misread your post title... I was like WHAAAT? There are "sex themed contests"??? WOOOW! Where do I enter!?!?
Biggest wins: Energizer Xbox console, Rustoleum $5000, Armstrong Cheese $1000, Gatorade $500 nba.com, AVEDA $6000 Austria Trip, NSK: Ipad
Jun 23, 2009
149 posts
112 upvotes
do many of you do the text as a method of entry.
:razz: I am Jr Member now! :razz:
Dec 4, 2007
159 posts
91 upvotes
EMC93 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2009 9:10 pm
I use this program to track all of the contests that I enter.

http://www.wavget.com/sweep.html

Just delete all those contests that get downloaded with the program, and then add your own.
Thanks! I'll check it out
Oct 13, 2004
712 posts
181 upvotes
maple_65 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2009 10:12 pm
do many of you do the text as a method of entry.
I won a camcorder, GPS and a gas card using text, in different contests. I do them when ever i can!
Jun 23, 2009
149 posts
112 upvotes
good to know guys, thanks.
let the texting begin.
:razz: I am Jr Member now! :razz:
Jul 15, 2009
105 posts
Vancouver
Did everyone who won the Lucky Charms prize, get an I-POD touch?

I am wondering if my 12 yr olddaughter was the only one to get an I-pod shuffle?

When she won, her first win ever, and I read here that it was a touch, she was so excited. But she got a shuffle, and was a bit disappointed. I really wish I hadn't said anything but I thought that was the prize.

So did everyone who won one of these get a touch?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1004 posts
189 upvotes
BCrose wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2009 4:18 pm
Did everyone who won the Lucky Charms prize, get an I-POD touch?

I am wondering if my 12 yr olddaughter was the only one to get an I-pod shuffle?

When she won, her first win ever, and I read here that it was a touch, she was so excited. But she got a shuffle, and was a bit disappointed. I really wish I hadn't said anything but I thought that was the prize.

So did everyone who won one of these get a touch?
yes i got a touch. it seems it should be a shuffle, because the prize was worth 93$(declarationform) and my packingslip on my package said there would be a ipod shuffle green in it,but it wasn't.

so i just read the declarationform again:
THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT ,IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION,TO SUBSTITUTE A PRIZE OR A COMPONENT THEREOF WITH ONE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IF FOR ANY REASON A PRIZE OR PORTION OF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED.
maybe the ipod touch was gone when they packed the prize for your daughter. i'm sorry to hear that. :(
sorry for my bad english. i'll try my best! :o
Jul 15, 2009
105 posts
Vancouver
mystictiger wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2009 4:24 pm
yes i got a touch. it seems it should be a shuffle, because the prize was worth 93$(declarationform) and my packingslip on my package said there would be a ipod shuffle green in it,but it wasn't.

maybe the ipod touch was gone when they packed the prize for your daughter. i'm sorry to hear that. :(
Yes, that is what she got a green ipod shuffle. And she would have been thrilled with it if I hadn't opened my stupid mouth and told her it was going to be a touch...wish I had kept it to myself... :cry:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

valeriey