Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 2:13 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3121 posts
4712 upvotes
ishfish wrote: I have been locked out of twitter for the second time in about a week. I only do about 0-9 tweets a day. I confirmed the first time and got back on...but now I am having a hissy fit. Is this only happening to me?
It happened to my husband this week also and he only does about 3 tweets a day. All different ones. Of course they want a cell number to unlock and he doesn't have one so I had to use mine.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1068 posts
4238 upvotes
Ontario
ishfish wrote: I have been locked out of twitter for the second time in about a week. I only do about 0-9 tweets a day. I confirmed the first time and got back on...but now I am having a hissy fit. Is this only happening to me?
locked out here too, what the heck does one do if they don't have a cell phone?
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
skeetersden wrote: locked out here too, what the heck does one do if they don't have a cell phone?
Thanks guys!
When I joined fb I was locked out after 2 weeks.
I did not have a cell but found that after a period of maybe 4 days they gave a non-cell option. I would hope twitter has that too.
Jan 28, 2008
138 posts
145 upvotes
Milton
I need advice on the Delivering Cheerfulness contest (Laughing Cow Cheese) I entered my PIN # on line and won an instant win prize of Laughing Cow products filled in all my info plus stq and then page disappeared on me ! before I could press submit button Tried to get it back but did not work ...... They know I have won the prize as they sent me an email I took a screen shot . Please can someone advise me on what I should do ? Thank you
Aug 22, 2012
565 posts
843 upvotes
GTA
this may be a temporary glitch. a friend of mine who does the same thing everyday (which is a lot of blog contest twitter posts with some other stuff interspersed) was locked out for "violating terms of service". she contacted them and was reinstated, but i sense its a glitch
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism I have fallen in love with this forum
- Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor - &Get your colonoscopies!
*Thank you RFD*
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
I very rarely read the contest wins because I find it depressing.....haven't been on that thread in over 2 months. I have been on a very bad run and have not won anything this year except goodreads books. I am happy for those that do win, but I feel better when I don't read it. :)

I am always on the contest part even though you rarely see me, I always hit the thanks button to the ones that posts contests that I enter. Like many though.....I don't post many contests ONLY because someone else beats me to it.
Dec 10, 2009
855 posts
5702 upvotes
Victoria
Anyone else getting a lot of snail mail for the Carolinas and nearby states? Figure it has to be a result of a contest entry. A real waste of paper. :(
Nov 9, 2013
240 posts
1487 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I got a lot of brochures and what not from Florida. I figured it was from that Visit Orlando contest :( but it stopped now after like 6 different brochures I recycled.
Sep 23, 2008
69 posts
114 upvotes
Barrie
window21 wrote: I very rarely read the contest wins because I find it depressing.....haven't been on that thread in over 2 months. I have been on a very bad run and have not won anything this year except goodreads books. I am happy for those that do win, but I feel better when I don't read it. :)

I am always on the contest part even though you rarely see me, I always hit the thanks button to the ones that posts contests that I enter. Like many though.....I don't post many contests ONLY because someone else beats me to it.
Out of curiosity, how many contest do you enter? I know the forum here is my main source for contest and I've only won 6 times in 2 months and that is spending around one hour a day enter contests, my 50+ daily contests and what even other new ones people have posted that have piqued my interest. However I usually skip those annoying blog contest that are under $100 that require you to leave comments, go to facebook pages, subscribe.. etc... They're just too much effort!

But I do really wonder what kind of effort people like Vilmark, Spidey, Erikarowe, Tracydeanne (etc.), put in cause I would say they are the ones that motivated me (through their wins) to give this a try...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
I do post contests here (as I guess people know lol), but there are hundreds that I enter that I don't post. Ie. Blog contests, Twitter rt's or comments, Facebook comments, Instagram likes, things of that nature. I'm not trying to hide them or anything, I just enter those and move on so quickly that I don't have the capability to post every one.

If I come across a traditional contest with an entry form, that's not here yet, those are the ones I post. I have invited anyone to follow my Twitter where you can find a lot of those other types that I enter. (Except when I'm on vacation, like this week!).

But, I typically don't post my wins here unless they were found or posted on this board. I just don't think it's fair that I didn't post but am then going on about it on the board. My opinion only.

For the people who don't post, it's not really an issue for me since I do a lot of my own searching outside of RFD, but I guess I would just ask why? You don't do searches outside of RFD? You don't have time? Is it too complicated to post? Are we just too quick posting new contests? (We are fast) I know I was a little intimidated when I started posting, but it's really not time consuming or complicated once you do it.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
Campin wrote: Out of curiosity, how many contest do you enter? I know the forum here is my main source for contest and I've only won 6 times in 2 months and that is spending around one hour a day enter contests, my 50+ daily contests and what even other new ones people have posted that have piqued my interest. However I usually skip those annoying blog contest that are under $100 that require you to leave comments, go to facebook pages, subscribe.. etc... They're just too much effort!

But I do really wonder what kind of effort people like Vilmark, Spidey, Erikarowe, Tracydeanne (etc.), put in cause I would say they are the ones that motivated me (through their wins) to give this a try...
Hi Campin,

Right now, I prob contest 2-3 hours/day, if I look at what I do at different times through the day. 85% of my wins this year have come from blog contests, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. The rest from traditional entry form type contests.

The big value prizes always come from the traditional contests so they always have to be part of my strategy, but I have won at least 10 $100 prepaid visas this year, $500 cash, and various other value products from social media contests. Those can take seconds to enter, can be done from a smart phone during downtime or waiting in line at the grocery store :) , and often have less entries than traditional. On the downside, there is more time needed to search them out, and the values are less.

I guess it's all about where you want to put the time and effort that you have to dedicate to contesting in your life.
Mar 2, 2012
391 posts
2359 upvotes
North Bay
Campin wrote: Out of curiosity, how many contest do you enter? I know the forum here is my main source for contest and I've only won 6 times in 2 months and that is spending around one hour a day enter contests, my 50+ daily contests and what even other new ones people have posted that have piqued my interest. However I usually skip those annoying blog contest that are under $100 that require you to leave comments, go to facebook pages, subscribe.. etc... They're just too much effort!

This is my only source for contests, and I am pretty much the same as you. Approx 1 hour a day in the evenings. The odd day I may miss (maybe 3 or 4 days a month I miss) I don't do blog or twitter contests AND I am fussy what I enter.Only trips, appliances, cash, electronics etc...I usually don't waste my time on anything under $500.00.

I just do it as a pass time, and like I said I am fussy. Still trying to win my first trip in and I have been entering contests going on almost 5 years. :rolleyes:

Many of the regulars enter a lot and that is great. It just depends how much effort one is willing to put into it. :)
I'm hoping for that trip win to happen soon.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Tracydeanne wrote: Has anyone ever won on a receipt survey contest? Just curious. I always do them, but no luck there.
Not I. Just today, I made sure to put a Coke product in my Fortino's shop because I hope it qualifies for the PAN AM PC Plus points contest entry!
I have done Shoppers Drug Mart surveys for a couple of years and nothing. Ditto any grocery store survey or Canadian Tire receipt ones.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
I missed a call from Best Buy. I was having problems entering their contest, but as far as I could tell they had successfully entered me... (according to the e-mail) they left no voicemail. I think its unlikely that I won one of the prizes, but obviously thats what I'm hoping (I doubt it, probably some silly courtesy call or something "How did we do" thing I'm guessing)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1312 posts
184 upvotes
tushkitty wrote: here are some QC contests, maybe keep an eye on this on the website for iPad/tablets/mobile phones contests.

Thnks! (Definitely didn't find the cache! ;)
phantomfj wrote: follow this site's contests...........they usually say open to all Canada, but I have yet to see someone outside of Quebec actually win.........I gave up on them a long time ago...............http://www.francoischarron.com/les-concours/concours/
Yup, I go there. Lackluster prizes most of the time, but some decent tech sometimes. Tried to win a pair of Blue Headphones, no luck!

Probably since the vast majority entering are from QC!
Sep 28, 2013
315 posts
272 upvotes
BRANTFORD
digidaze wrote: Do you think the contest should be canceled in light of this comment?

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/s1qq9u.png[/IMG]

( I also posted in the RFD contest thread)
I think you're confusing who posted that. It's just some random person commented on Bauli Canada's post. If Bauli Canada themselves posted that then absolutely. But it's not. It's just some spammer posting there.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2009
8506 posts
2497 upvotes
Toronto
lemmiwinks123 wrote: I think you're confusing who posted that. It's just some random person commented on Bauli Canada's post. If Bauli Canada themselves posted that then absolutely. But it's not. It's just some spammer posting there.
+1
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1396 posts
228 upvotes
So that's not a service you can join to get you more votes/likes? The Bauli contest is a voting contest, no?

FAQ from the website that advertised on the Bauli FB contest post.

1) What is this site?
This site is a Exchange system and here you can increase your site traffic and popularity.

It's pretty clear to me that they are a website that sells or exchanges votes. We all know that voting contests are regularly compromised because of cheating but I've never seen such a BOLD move from someone like that.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
I'd guess people in the running are prob using those services already and more, but it is funny that an advertiser would post so publicly on a contest. I didn't know about this one since I skip all voting contests, but kind of sad to see that sponsors still insist on holding these types of contests.

I came to the conclusion long ago that sponsors who hold voting contests just don't care about fairness or the best entry winning. They only want activity on their account. No point in trying to argue the flaws of the voting contest with them (I tried for a long time lol).