1312 posts
184 upvotes
Anyone know of any contests with an iPad Pro yet? :D
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
bolthead wrote: Anyone know of any contests with an iPad Pro yet? :D
Was waiting for one of those too, but no...
May 31, 2007
287 posts
617 upvotes
minimalist wrote: I'm curious if anyone here has ever won or knows someone who has won any of the following contests:

-any store survey contest printed on the receipt
-Tripcentral daily Trip Trivia contest
-Divine.ca daily contests
-Francoischarron.com contests
-The Kit contests

Thanks for sharing! (I've been entering these contests/surveys faithfully with no wins.)

I won a trip to Cuba 5* from trip trivia a few years ago, when Qc was still allowed to participate. They let me leave from Montreal too.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
So does anyone know what exactly happens when you report someone for spam on twitter? Lately I have been bombarded by bots re-tweeting and I have taken to reporting them and them blocking them so I was wondering what twitter does or if they even do anything at all.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
smoochies wrote: I won a trip to Cuba 5* from trip trivia a few years ago, when Qc was still allowed to participate. They let me leave from Montreal too.
Good for you! I've stopped entering trip trivia because it's a Toronto departure. Don't think they'd let me leave from BC.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3524 posts
15859 upvotes
Halifax
gofforever wrote: So does anyone know what exactly happens when you report someone for spam on twitter? Lately I have been bombarded by bots re-tweeting and I have taken to reporting them and them blocking them so I was wondering what twitter does or if they even do anything at all.
They never say what might happen, but it makes me feel better at the very least. Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
Tracydeanne wrote: They never say what might happen, but it makes me feel better at the very least. Lol
I know what you mean. I usually would just block them but lately it's been 2+ a day everyday and I do get a little bit of pleasure from reporting them.
Apr 6, 2011
39 posts
125 upvotes
ontario
I'm searching for the proper place to submit this post - this seemed to closest match - my apologies if I'm wrong!

I've been entering contests on the Francois Charron site for several years.
Recently, I viewed the winners page, and although all contests are open to all of Canada, all past contest winners are located in Quebec.
I'm not complaining - only trying to determine if I'm wasting my time by continuing to enter.
Has anyone living outside of Quebec ever won anything from contests on this site?
Many thanks for your feedback! :)

Francois Charron contest page: [url=Contests: http://www.francoischarron.com/les-concours/]Contests: http://www.francoischarron.com/les-concours/[/url]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
bandog wrote: I'm searching for the proper place to submit this post - this seemed to closest match - my apologies if I'm wrong!

I've been entering contests on the Francois Charron site for several years.
Recently, I viewed the winners page, and although all contests are open to all of Canada, all past contest winners are located in Quebec.
I'm not complaining - only trying to determine if I'm wasting my time by continuing to enter.
Has anyone living outside of Quebec ever won anything from contests on this site?
Many thanks for your feedback! :)

Francois Charron contest page: [url=Contests: http://www.francoischarron.com/les-concours/]Contests: http://www.francoischarron.com/les-concours/[/url]
You're most likely wasting your time. I stopped entering those contests because it's obvious they only want french people winning. There's a few Quebec-based ones like that that claim to be open to all of Canada but only ever award prizes to people in Quebec.
Apr 6, 2011
39 posts
125 upvotes
ontario
Thanks, Bob!
They offer some amazing prizes, but if entering is a total waste of time, then I must pass :(
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
If anyone ever sees 416-384-8000 on the call display, you make sure you pick it up as fast as you can.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: If anyone ever sees 416-384-8000 on the call display, you make sure you pick it up as fast as you can.
Ok you've peaked my curiosity. Why?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
gofforever wrote: Ok you've peaked my curiosity. Why?
Oh I didn't mean that they were calling everyone at the moment or something. It's just Bell Media's main number and you should pick it up cause you'll most likely get some good news.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Oh I didn't mean that they were calling everyone at the moment or something. It's just Bell Media's main number and you should pick it up cause you'll most likely get some good news.
Ahhhhh. Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
23809 posts
7673 upvotes
North Vancouver
Maybe I should call them first! Pro-active!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2125 posts
22259 upvotes
Ottawa
CAUTION- Scam or VIRUS or SCREW UP. 1st time receiving Reminder Email about my DMR Points expiring. I basically use points to enter contests, sometimes Rewards. I thought it might be a scam, points and ID Log in correct, a Link to Terms & Conditions and LOG In button provided...Hmmm? So I didn't follow link in email but checked DMR web site for TERMS & CONDITIONS. "Any Points remaining in an Enrollee’s Account which has remained inactive for a period of 210 consecutive days or more will be forfeited without compensation. Failure to earn Points as described in Section E above or redeem Points for Rewards as described in Section F above constitutes inactivity for purposes of this condition." Very Strange since I played both November DMR Challenges and used points to enter Aladdin Sweeps mid October. Below is content of email I received.

Hurry You are about to Lose your Points.

Dear XXX,

Your XXX points balance is scheduled to expire unless you take immediate action today. In order to keep your account active, you need to engage in activities to build your points balance (such as entering an eligible Magic Code or purchasing an eligible movie ticket) or redeem your points balance for rewards. Please refer to Sections E and F of the Disney Movie Rewards Terms and Conditions for details. (LINK PROVIDED and LOG IN BUTTON too)

In body of email provided my LOG IN ID, Points expiring (correct) and date of expiration (December 21).

Your Friends At,
Disney Movie Rewards
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
I clicked through the link not realizing that this might be a scam. Entered a contest using some points. After reading all this I went in (not via the email) and changed my password.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
1068 posts
4238 upvotes
Ontario
gofforever wrote: I clicked through the link not realizing that this might be a scam. Entered a contest using some points. After reading all this I went in (not via the email) and changed my password.
I did the same thing
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3120 posts
4709 upvotes
Has anyone entered the Kernels contest today? I got this message: The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on kernelsfun.ca might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

gbamber