Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:32 pm
Tags:
Dec 10, 2009
854 posts
5702 upvotes
Victoria
DougO wrote: I've noticed that Coke has no contests this summer. Pepsi/Frito Lay has several. Usually they both run contests in the summer unless its for something in the fall or winter. Wonder whats up?
Maybe something will be coming with the Olympics as they are a sponsor.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25984 posts
10377 upvotes
Maggie22 wrote: Maybe something will be coming with the Olympics as they are a sponsor.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that...
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Was supposed to do a run on Saturday. Than on Sunday, but I thought the Saturday-Sunday part of the weekend was one day, don't know how I missed it. Than Monday. Gonna give it a rest and put in an effort sooner than later. Gotta do it!

Know that probably doing a run twice a month and not missing any contest amounted to at least 1 nice gift card win. Another nice win from former days or a previous win and contesting seems to have gotten me more into it. Not going to be scouting around anymore deals to buy, just going to have fun entering and hoping the cash part of the win comes a little after June 28th and not as far as August 2nd. Would be nice to have that spending money and not borrow anymore. Seems like selling stuff has gotten old as people are hopping on patios and enjoying the day or out and about shopping again and being able to try things, at least I think you can try things again. I guess I'm going to have to hustle all the way through summer and have to hop on the pay my debt off when I get the prize. Won't be as fun as having it before borrowing, since that's like on a noose cuz you gotta give it back. Maybe I should just borrow that, have fun, than pay back the interest. Still can't have too much fun these days, just enough to keep you at the pace you want to be going.

Hopefully we all get some better alone time at the computer playing contests that feeds off something productive in this life, if not just for our sustenance, but the ability to have some fun, gain some insight, and continue to have some hope in the future, even if the contest win part usually doesn't amass enough to live the next year or so free. Keep the hustle or career going, gotta get to some brighter green lots, maybe even some palms and soak in the rays. Capture a moment and let live on all the times you're ready to go over the edge simply because the world seems to be more commercial than full feature. Gotta adjust to the timetable and trust your instinct. Everyone can smile, but not every moment can at least try to make your eyes smile. Impossible without seeing to the horizon, but in some moments, it seems like it's just about right. To summer, contests and winning some! Good luck all.
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DougO wrote: What are we leasing again?
I was also unsure what to copy and paste to describe the contest. Also hearing your take on pepsi blue, like cig smoke or second hand lol. I had that with blueberry infused bread that was too crisp. Felt like the blueberries were cig butts. Thought I enjoyed it. Now I have to try pepsi blue lol.

anyways, not sure on that, read it once and just posted the link
Jan 24, 2014
914 posts
5416 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone else find it odd that when you upload your receipt for this contest, you get a STQ and the page tab says "Congratulations!" but when the next page loads, it says "Sorry, you're not an instant winner..."??

Seems a little misleading...

Confused Face
2013: $13,300 2014: $16,860 - 2015: $13,430 - 2016: $5,565 - 2017: $7,985 - 2018: $9,795 - 2019: $17,550 - 2020: $22,350 - 2021: $24,290 - 2022: $7,015 - 2023: $9,365 - 2024: OVERALL TOTAL: $147,505
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
https://www.hopeisgrowing.ca

https://www.communitiesinbloom.ca

no idea what the prizes are, so unsure if it's worth the hassle. still a waste not to share, so sharing here

also found a capstone airpods pro contest but you need a link to the survey. maybe subscribing for their newsletter will yield that. unsure, haven't tried, browsed the site. might as well throw it up here in case it helps someone
Aug 22, 2012
565 posts
843 upvotes
GTA
stinastr wrote: https://www.hopeisgrowing.ca

https://www.communitiesinbloom.ca

no idea what the prizes are, so unsure if it's worth the hassle. still a waste not to share, so sharing here

also found a capstone airpods pro contest but you need a link to the survey. maybe subscribing for their newsletter will yield that. unsure, haven't tried, browsed the site. might as well throw it up here in case it helps someone
Thanks for this one. The prizes are 7 Scotts gift baskets and a grand prize of A Scotts-MiracleGro Aerogarden.
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism I have fallen in love with this forum
- Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor - &Get your colonoscopies!
*Thank you RFD*
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44969 upvotes
Economy, NS
Is anyone having issues with constant popups on wannawin.ca?

I am using Chrome.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44969 upvotes
Economy, NS
stinastr wrote: Did anyone receive their oreo prizes? Been a while, and I know they prob said something like 8-12 weeks, so maybe not yet, but missing my oreo music box. No idea if it will be of any use, but at the price tag, I am unsure what it really is. Still haven't received.
I got my TShirt on Friday.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
valeriey wrote: Is anyone having issues with constant popups on wannawin.ca?

I am using Chrome.
yeah, just as of today. very unpleasant
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44969 upvotes
Economy, NS
seafoodmwg wrote: yeah, just as of today. very unpleasant
It's driving me nuts. Angry Face
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
2075 posts
15354 upvotes
SE Ontario
valeriey wrote: Is anyone having issues with constant popups on wannawin.ca?

I am using Chrome.
Yup in Firefox. Makes me question why I go to that site. Have won once ever (in decades of contesting) and it was tokens.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Emilyb wrote: Yup in Firefox. Makes me question why I go to that site. Have won once ever (in decades of contesting) and it was tokens.
Yeah I'm thinking of x-ing it off the list. I've only ever won tokens too.
Nov 17, 2007
565 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
Does anyone else actively look forward to the end of each month because there are so many contests closing? I know that I do!

There are a few closing soon that I would love to see an RFDer take home! I really have my fingers crossed (perhaps unreasonably so...) for the Landmark Cinemas A Quiet Place Part 2 contest that closed today; I could really use some new headphones!
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43246 upvotes
ONTARIO
AA7HBS wrote: Does anyone else actively look forward to the end of each month because there are so many contests closing? I know that I do!

There are a few closing soon that I would love to see an RFDer take home! I really have my fingers crossed (perhaps unreasonably so...) for the Landmark Cinemas A Quiet Place Part 2 contest that closed today; I could really use some new headphones!
I used to years ago when I was winning consistently every month or two! Hasn't been like that in a looong time for me. I miss those days LOL
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2010
1022 posts
2153 upvotes
Alberta
AA7HBS wrote: Does anyone else actively look forward to the end of each month because there are so many contests closing? I know that I do!
I do! It's mostly always the same though: start to get excited as the month ends .. wait for emails or phone calls the first few days of the new month .. no emails or phone calls .. keep on crossing fingers for the rest of the month .. repeat. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yeah, I used to, now it's just a push to do a run - talking about the end of the month thing, as if you don't enter once in a month, you miss all the big ones ending at the month, etc. Sometimes it's good to do it weekly or even biweekly so you don't miss anything. I try sometimes to find early end dates when not doing a run and enter but I guess if contests are going to work, you gotta feel them in your life. No better way to just live and keep grinding the forms to try and solidify something that can blow your socks off. I'm usually not much on buying something nicer when I have something that works, but I do like being spoiled by contests. Sometimes you just find there's nothing somewhere that can really spoil you, so you treat the contest bit like work, and treat cash as the top of the chain.

Lots of times, if you don't take the time to change and adapt your routine around your life, the contesting thing will only work for as long as you have unlimited stamina. Got a lot to say and do still, and feeling like time is running out. Otherwise, you take it for the sporadic moment you actually win something. I'm no longer chained to routine, and plan to do a run tomorrow. Feel much better and waking up at around 4pm after falling asleep before sunrise usually - leaves the body and mind in a different disarray, but am finally locked into this routine and will try and change it before month's end lol. Not before I sit down, lock in, and treat this life as a bit game-y. You never get exactly what you're after, but sometimes it's so close that it's just nice to enjoy. It's all an endless choice but you groove to what really drives and moves you. We're all in this to be surprised and have some fun.

Hope y'all get a sporadic message/email soon, as summer seems to be the best time to try and unwind and try new things. Nothing better than having a chance when you've gotten to the site, browsed the rules sometimes or go by what the forum says, and enter going, ya never know, cuz the truth is, you never do. Been slacking after my luck turned, but it's like exam time. What's better, cramming some more, or getting your sleep lol? Contesting is a lever with a lot of mobility and you can try as hard as you want, and no matter what, you will more than likely be rewarded for your time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)