Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 2:13 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10105 posts
14411 upvotes
I am curious if others are also getting emails from Instagram with..."Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into Instagram." It looks legit but I have not had any troubles logging in to IG. And I have had several of these.

I have also noticed many of those scam IG accounts...but whe I go to report them as imidating another account I cannot find the real account. I can find other businesses, just never the one I am looking for. And if I put the name in of the real one I get "does not exist." It exists when I search otherwise..just not in the report function.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
3121 posts
4712 upvotes
ishfish wrote: I am curious if others are also getting emails from Instagram with..."Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into Instagram." It looks legit but I have not had any troubles logging in to IG. And I have had several of these.

I have also noticed many of those scam IG accounts...but whe I go to report them as imidating another account I cannot find the real account. I can find other businesses, just never the one I am looking for. And if I put the name in of the real one I get "does not exist." It exists when I search otherwise..just not in the report function.
I'm not getting the trouble logging into Instagram problem. Kinda sounds like a scam to me. My husband always tells me never to click on anything I think may be suspicious. I am having trouble finding the legit account for a lot of placed that I want to report. I do not know why though. So I just back out and end up blocking them.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
2971 posts
7523 upvotes
Halifax, NS
ishfish wrote: I am curious if others are also getting emails from Instagram with..."Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging into Instagram." It looks legit but I have not had any troubles logging in to IG. And I have had several of these.
i had this yesterday, just once! but it concerned me. i had my phone number/email hacked last summer so that sent me on high alert. went and changed my passwords for both IGs, just in case.
Feb 3, 2015
402 posts
5621 upvotes
Ontario
Yes, I got a few right after an account posted that I was the winner of a small giveaway. It’s someone else trying to get into your account, but as long as you have a strong unique password and don’t click anything there’s nothing they can do. I just ignored them and no one has tried in a while. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
yes, I get that too every so often
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44973 upvotes
Economy, NS

I just got my first one.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
So, Olympics have started and no Coke contests this summer? I thought they were a sponsor? Luckily lots of contests from Pepsi and their subsidiaries...
Deal Addict
May 10, 2007
3542 posts
3235 upvotes
Etobicoke
DougO wrote: So, Olympics have started and no Coke contests this summer? I thought they were a sponsor? Luckily lots of contests from Pepsi and their subsidiaries...
I miss the Coke contests and rewards program. My biggest win ever ($1000 travel voucher) was from a coke contest. Mind you I only enter instant win contests or certain ones where the prize is something intriguing to me.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
Which two lucky RFDers won the $100 gift cards from the survey contest? I could not find any news under NEWS on this site nor on the RFD Facebook page.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
NoFrillBill wrote: I miss the Coke contests and rewards program. My biggest win ever ($1000 travel voucher) was from a coke contest. Mind you I only enter instant win contests or certain ones where the prize is something intriguing to me.
Yes, that's why I entered just about every Leon's contest that featured a Sobro table or end unit last year. No success to date!
Last edited by Ciel on Aug 20th, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44973 upvotes
Economy, NS
northbridge wrote: I couldn't enter it this morning
Thanks. Glad it isn't just me.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
44565 posts
44973 upvotes
Economy, NS
northbridge wrote: I couldn't enter it this morning
It's working again.
Aug 22, 2012
565 posts
843 upvotes
GTA
valeriey wrote: Is anyone one else unable to enter this?

https://www.tasteglory.ca/#/returning
This contest is all kinds of broken. I tried contacting them for my broken winners link and no response. Can't be bothered hunting them down. Hope someone wins and actually receives the prize and lets us all know.
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism I have fallen in love with this forum
- Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor - &Get your colonoscopies!
*Thank you RFD*
Dec 10, 2009
855 posts
5702 upvotes
Victoria
For those who won the instant win on the Mondelez contest, I just received a follow up email to claim my prize from my June 30th win. Pretty sure this is different from the first email, as it required an online signature. Either that or I didn't actually click the claim link in the original email???
Mar 31, 2021
470 posts
1505 upvotes
Maggie22 wrote: For those who won the instant win on the Mondelez contest, I just received a follow up email to claim my prize from my June 30th win. Pretty sure this is different from the first email, as it required an online signature. Either that or I didn't actually click the claim link in the original email???

This one's different. If you click on the digital signature again after saving, it won't display. Did this happen to you too?
Dec 10, 2009
855 posts
5702 upvotes
Victoria
lilyofthewild wrote: This one's different. If you click on the digital signature again after saving, it won't display. Did this happen to you too?
Yes, it took me a bit to get a decent signature and then it didn't properly save, but when I tried again I got a confirmation. But yes, it also didn't display on the claim form.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)