[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21317 posts
2233 upvotes
North Vancouver
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 21st, 2013 5:51 pm

BTW - if anyone else won this, you will receive a $24 "Fandango" Prepaid visa card. It says it can be used at any movie theater that accepts visa, so I can't see why we couldn't just use this anywhere else that takes visa.
The fine print says that it can only be used at movie theatres.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13535 posts
16088 upvotes
gbamber wrote:
Aug 21st, 2013 11:28 pm
The fine print says that it can only be used at movie theatres.
Well that's a shame.

I can't even check the balance of the card though. Stupid website they tell you to use(svcards.com) looks like it was created by a high school student in the 90s.
I enter my prepaid card number and security code, but it keeps coming back as wrong credentials.
Jul 21, 2013
36 posts
3 upvotes
I don't know how to find where this's or who ISP was posted by,
But thanks to everyone- it's nice to chat with ppl who have common interests of contesting :)
CONGRATULATIONS Chantelle

Our first chosen winner forfeited the prize, so you are the second chosen winner of the "Find your inner Green Beast at Sustainival" contest! Your prize includes:

4 weekend passes to Sustainival Carnival
4 passes to enter "The Green Beast" Amazing Race
2 night stay in a Fort McMurray 4 star hotel
$100 gas card
$100 dining credit
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1560 posts
2264 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 21st, 2013 8:06 pm
Just received my $5 Shoppers gift card via FedEx from the State Farm contest lol
Had to sign for a $5 gift card
Got this email yesterday also. Funny thing is I hardly entered. Wonder if it was a re-draw.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
1397 posts
7234 upvotes
London
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 21st, 2013 5:51 pm
I got my win from the Norton Man of Steel contest today in the mail.
They really should change their congratulations letter though, wow.

I opened up the letter, read the paper and see "Congratulations you are the GRAND PRIZE winner in our Norton Symantic Man of Steel contest" blah blah blah. I am thinking WHAT? Grand prize? Then it says you've won a $24 Fandango gift card blah blah blah.

I mean, I knew I won a $24 GC, but that's an instant win...don't call it the grand prize, haha.

Got my hopes up for a split second.

BTW - if anyone else won this, you will receive a $24 "Fandango" Prepaid visa card. It says it can be used at any movie theater that accepts visa, so I can't see why we couldn't just use this anywhere else that takes visa.
I too received the Fandango card. I tried to look up the value on Fandango - it did not work. I looked up theaters near me on the Fandango site - none of them allow online ticketing. I wrote to Fandango through online chat to find out where I can use it, they told me to contact my local theaters and if they did not accept it, to contact the contest administrator. They said they did not think it would work for me because I am not from "America". I called local theaters, they had never heard of Fandango and said they do not accept the card. :( I wrote to the contest administrators via http://helpdesk2.prizelogic.com/contactus.aspx?id=232 to tell them and ask if they can exchange for something I could actually use (No reply yet). If they write back, I'll let you know.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13535 posts
16088 upvotes
Boooo! It looks like I was selected as a winner in the State Farm contest again. However, I didn't read the rules that stated one win per person. So I've been told I am not eligible.

Guess now I can stop entering that contest every day.

Edit: well it ends tomorrow, so I guess it doesn't really matter now does it? lol
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
11087 posts
2432 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 9:25 am
Boooo! It looks like I was selected as a winner in the State Farm contest again. However, I didn't read the rules that stated one win per person. So I've been told I am not eligible.

Guess now I can stop entering that contest every day.

Edit: well it ends tomorrow, so I guess it doesn't really matter now does it? lol
I've been whipping up pure GOLD in my tweets on that one. A little surprised I haven't gotten a nibble.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
20068 posts
353803 upvotes
Ottawa
wOO hOO thanks toguy

Congratulations Mark!

You have won our Skyline POP Quiz contest.

In addition to answering all of our questions correctly you were the fastest one to do so.

You have won an overnight stay at any Skyline property and a $100 Skyline credit!
bring back colour
Aug 24, 2011
252 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Won 4 tickets to the Q107 Summer Bash this Friday. Tickets are valued at $15 each. Might not be able to go.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
17881 posts
102651 upvotes
GTA
vilmark wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 11:24 am
wOO hOO thanks toguy

Congratulations Mark!

You have won our Skyline POP Quiz contest.

In addition to answering all of our questions correctly you were the fastest one to do so.

You have won an overnight stay at any Skyline property and a $100 Skyline credit!
Nice!
Deal Expert
Jul 6, 2008
18956 posts
1703 upvotes
Scarborough Bluffs
I received one of the Fandango cards as well. If anyone finds out how or what we are supposed to do with these things in Canada, please let me know.

Otherwise I guess I'll just hold onto it until the next time I go to the US.
Sep 9, 2007
688 posts
85 upvotes
Bridgewater
gofforever wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 6:52 am
Got this email yesterday also. Funny thing is I hardly entered. Wonder if it was a re-draw.
I had to sign, or should I say my hubby had to sign for a freebie delivered by courier for depends samples. Was excited it was a surprise contest win..lol
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
21317 posts
2233 upvotes
North Vancouver
The DZA wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 8:32 am
I received one of the Fandango cards as well. If anyone finds out how or what we are supposed to do with these things in Canada, please let me know.

Otherwise I guess I'll just hold onto it until the next time I go to the US.
Look on their website for a theatre near you. There is one near me here in BC. (otherwise send it to James!)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
8960 posts
1078 upvotes
(604)
Won a $25 HBC gc from the RBC memory game.
Jan 17, 2012
26 posts
42 upvotes
Kingston
I really, really wanted that cooler! :*(

Congrats, all!!
:D 2013 Wins ARV: $6033.82
× < >