Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Oct 21, 2006
178 posts
274 upvotes
fyi...received my $50 today! woo hoo
BarbaraB638425 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 7:20 pm
That's what I was thinking. I'll be patient!
Feb 11, 2015
653 posts
9559 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've won this past week, and this week already too. I've cut down on the time I contest, but the little wins do keep me going. I've won a set of tickets from classical 96.3 last week that I found on my own. I've also won a secondary prize in the Landmark Cinemas - Power Rangers Contest. Unsure what it entails, as I could not find it specified in the rules, but thanks for posting sherlockmandango. Was last week as well. This week, I also won a pair of passes to an event from indie88 that I located on my own.

Not much, but I'll continue to plug away at it. Thanks to all those who post contests!
Jan 12, 2017
4 posts
9 upvotes
FYI... My step son received his $500.00 cheque from the Mcdonald's contest! He's quite happy!
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14529 posts
18072 upvotes
ONTARIO
After no wins since November, I received an email today from Canadian Living saying I was a winner in the " Canadian Living Penguin Random House Books Contest!".
I tried to find it on RFD, but didn't see it, although I know it had to have been here where I got it from.

I am not even sure what the prize exactly entails. I assume a bunch of books.
Thanks to whoever posted it.

Edit: I think I may have found it. Still not sure though because rule says draw was February 21st. A month ago.

2017/02/20 - Canadian Living - books - all Canada
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-02 ... a-2077083/
Thanks krag48 if this is the contest I ended up winning.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4555 posts
4601 upvotes
GTA, ON
BobSagget wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 5:15 pm
After no wins since November, I received an email today from Canadian Living saying I was a winner in the " Canadian Living Penguin Random House Books Contest!".
I tried to find it on RFD, but didn't see it, although I know it had to have been here where I got it from.

I am not even sure what the prize exactly entails. I assume a bunch of books.
Thanks to whoever posted it.

Edit: I think I may have found it. Still not sure though because rule says draw was February 21st. A month ago.

2017/02/20 - Canadian Living - books - all Canada
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-02 ... a-2077083/
Thanks krag48 if this is the contest I ended up winning.
Congratulations!

The prize is a bunch of books. Enjoy.
Dec 26, 2016
2 posts
6 upvotes
Cross-posting from contest discussion forums.
Hey guys,

I had joined this contest after finding it here:
2017-03-01-outpost-magazine-win-trip-do ... #p27045917

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.
They've sent me a liability waiver form to fill out.
They shouted me out on their twitter handle today :

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

If past winners of trip prizes could help me out here I'd really appreciate it.

I just can't quite believe it yet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5651 posts
2698 upvotes
Victoria
Gonedhillon wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 5:47 pm
Hey guys,

So, I received an email from the Outpost Magazine editor congratulating me for winning.

I've only been entering into contests for a few months, and never won anything. Therefore I am a little suspicious.
How can I confirm the legitimacy of the prize? Additionally, how can I ensure that I do not lose any money.
I will obviously have to pay to travel from vancouver to toronto, as the prize is from toronto to dominica, but i don't want to get scammed.

You received forms to fill out and they tweeted you on Twitter. All of us can say that it's legit.

1. Fill out the forms and return them. You can always say something like "Here are the completed forms. What do I do next? Thank you"
2. The person will then reply saying that a travel agent will contact you, or give you a travel agent's contact info to let you book when you're ready.
3. Book your trip (taxes/fees might not be included in the prize (rule 8 in the contest rules document)
In addition to paying for Van-Tor airfare, it looks like you'll have to pay for transportation to and from airport to hotel in Dominica. Overall, the trip isn't 'free' but what you pay is a drop for what you get.
You can always decline your prize and never book if you can't afford it so don't feel pressured into traveling if you just can't.

4. Enjoy and come back.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10676 posts
3877 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Gonedhillon wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 5:47 pm
Hey guys,

Congrats, I won a trip to Australia in 2011 and in my case I received the claim forms in the mail without any advanced notice at all that I had won. To say I was skeptical at first was an understatement. The trip was amazing and included $1000 spending money which helped a lot.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3979 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
congrats on the win! seems like Outpost run a lot of travel contests.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
3071 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
Two wins to report! Maybe my drought is over! :)

1. $25 Cineplex Gift Card (the Smile with Lays Contest) -- Thanks, @Missycat
2. Tickets to an Advance Screening of Ghost in the Shell (Tribute.ca) --- Thanks @TheOtherWhiteMeat & @ladyb for the STQ.
2017 Wins: $25 Cineplex Gift Card (Smile with Lays), 2 Tickets to "Ghost in the Shell" (Tribute.ca), $2 off Sugar Crisp (ha!)
Apr 10, 2012
137 posts
418 upvotes
Fourth win this month! Hair dye, movie tickets, cooking gadgets... March did me well!!!

My photo submission got me a $50 Starbucks gift card from that judged Benzagel contest. Thank you, ladyb!!!
Diligence is the mother of good luck. --Benjamin Franklin
Oct 13, 2015
15 posts
16 upvotes
Orangeville, ON
My aunt won a CAA contest 2 tickets to see the Bodyguard at Ed Mirvirsh theatre we went last night it was a GREAT show. It wasn't something I passed along to her and I can't seem to find it posted on any RFD forums looks like we missed it! There was something like 50 winners across Ontario tickets were $140 each plus every winner received a $25 gas card and a $25 gift card to a restaurant (Harvey's, Milestones, etc) plus they even gave out vouchers to be used at the concession stand in the theatre so we got free drinks and snacks :) They also had CAA reps there to greet the winners. It was really well done shout out to CAA!!
Apr 22, 2013
78 posts
198 upvotes
Woodbridge
I also won a $25 Cineplex Gift Card (the Smile with Lays Contest)! Woohoo! Thanks everyone for posting these contests.