[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12898 posts
3466 upvotes
Toronto
sherlockmandango wrote:
Mar 4th, 2017 9:24 pm
I won this one again. Thanks again, Rosibal!
I won this one again, this time for a VISA e-gift card. Thanks again again, Rosibal!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Mar 14, 2017
7 posts
16 upvotes
new to entering contests just curious HOW THE HELL SOME OF YOU WIN SOOOO MANY PRIZES EACH YEAR!!! any tips ? tricks?
Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Sep 28, 2013
343 posts
270 upvotes
DanielleD485717 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:33 am
new to entering contests just curious HOW THE HELL SOME OF YOU WIN SOOOO MANY PRIZES EACH YEAR!!! any tips ? tricks?
Don't be discouraged if you don't win even if it's weeks or even many months... keep entering every day. Some friends of mine gave up when they didn't win anything. You can't win if you don't enter. I've went 4-5 months winning nothing but I made sure not to give up (which isn't easy) and eventually you will win.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12898 posts
3466 upvotes
Toronto
DanielleD485717 wrote:
Enter everything. Enter dailies every day. Follow the rules. Don't be discouraged by long periods without wins.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Feb 3, 2015
387 posts
4071 upvotes
Ontario
DanielleD485717 wrote:
I feel like the beginning is always the hardest. Spending 100 hours with no return is the point when a lot of people will just give up. When I started, I read books, watched TV shows and interviews, read dozens of articles. Inspiration was the most important thing I took away from all those things.

You have to have the right mindset. This is a horrible way to make money. I do this because I love to win, and I feel almost just as happy winning a chocolate bar as I do winning $1000 in cash.

Explore all your options. If you're tired of dailies, it's okay to take a break and shift your focus. Social media (RT & Twitter Parties), NPE (no purchase entry), Judged Competitions (photo/video) etc...

A contest you enter today, you may find out you win in 6 months. You need A LOT of patience. It's been around 2 years of on and off contesting for me, and I've never won a trip/car or something that would be considered a HUGE prize. I know that if I keep entering, statistically I will win something big eventually. I've already come so close with trips. Once, 1/20, and another time I had a 1/12 shot. In the meantime, I'm happy with the dozens of gift cards and cool things I win each year. I get free stuff for doing something that I enjoy. :)
Apr 7, 2015
113 posts
122 upvotes
Regina, SK
I went to the post office today and I gots an envelope. I opened it up and guess what it was yall,...

A coupon for a Free Guiseppe Pizza (thin, multigrain thin or rising crust).

Not sure who the homie was who posted the contest, but big ups to whoever it was.
2016: 2 Wins ARV $3010 😎
2017: 2 Wins ARV $15
Mar 14, 2017
7 posts
16 upvotes
Just started entering online competions/contests:

so far I have won 2 free advance screening passes for Goon from Toronto Wonderlist
and I won a hardcopy book from "Goodreads"

feeling more confident in "contest-ing"
Embrace the glorious mess that you are
Feb 3, 2015
387 posts
4071 upvotes
Ontario
I did pretty well with the Tim Hortons Roll Up at Home instant win.

50 NPEs w/ SASE. ~$100

I won:

1 x $100 Tim Card
1 x $20 Tim Card
2 x $10 Tim Card
29 x $5 Tim Card

TOTAL: $285

I'm really happy, I was expecting around $200, but that one $100 win really helped. I've got my fingers crossed for one of the cars, lol. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thanks to valeriey for the OP! 2017-03-24-rrrrrroll-up-rim-purchase-npn-2077147/
Aug 22, 2012
441 posts
421 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I have 6 x $5, 1 x $10 and a very sad 1 x $100 that i got excited and closed the window before doing the STQ. I don't actually know how many NPE's I sent, but it was definetly worth it until I let that last one go :facepalm: Thanks valeriey
Contesting can be a healthy coping mechanism :lol: I have fallen in love with this forum
:arrow: Double Lung Transplant 05/13/16. #BeADonor :arrowl:
*Thank you RFD*
Apr 10, 2012
139 posts
422 upvotes
This is my sixth year of contesting, and I had never won a "single entry" contest... until this month. This is my second little single entry win! I guess it is possible, after all...

Won tickets to an advanced screening of Power Rangers from this TekSavvy Contest. Thanks BobSagget for posting!
Diligence is the mother of good luck. --Benjamin Franklin
Aug 19, 2007
76 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
My first win of 2017. I too won tickets to the advance screening of Power Rangers.
Feb 11, 2015
637 posts
8757 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've won this past week, and this week already too. I've cut down on the time I contest, but the little wins do keep me going. I've won a set of tickets from classical 96.3 last week that I found on my own. I've also won a secondary prize in the Landmark Cinemas - Power Rangers Contest. Unsure what it entails, as I could not find it specified in the rules, but thanks for posting sherlockmandango. Was last week as well. This week, I also won a pair of passes to an event from indie88 that I located on my own.

Not much, but I'll continue to plug away at it. Thanks to all those who post contests!
Jan 12, 2017
4 posts
9 upvotes
FYI... My step son received his $500.00 cheque from the Mcdonald's contest! He's quite happy!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

girlstar28, cyking