Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Jan 29, 2013
141 posts
844 upvotes
Congrats to both of you Valeriey and sasg99 on your exciting wins to Italy!!!!
Jan 16, 2012
579 posts
4176 upvotes
Ontario
valeriey wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 10:47 am
I am sooooooo excited!! I just won the trip to Rome, Italy!!

Thanks so much vilmark for posting this contest!!

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-06- ... #p27725308
Woot! Woot! Congrats!
2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 - 16 win/$8,960 2015 - 20 wins/$6,333 2014 - 19 wins/$1,187 2013 - 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 - 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 - 1 win/$5,000 The person that said winning isn't everything, never won anything. ~Mia Hamm
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14037 posts
3158 upvotes
valeriey wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 10:47 am
I am sooooooo excited!! I just won the trip to Rome, Italy!!

Thanks so much vilmark for posting this contest!!

2017-06-18-wnetwork-escape-kobo-no-qc-2 ... #p27725308
Very good! I was going to comment in the other section that we weren't seeing as many winners as a few short years ago but here you prove me wrong. Congratulations...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3238 posts
1087 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 10:49 am
Didn't go for Oregon, eh? Winking Face Congrats!
I did though....and won! I figured I had no shot at Italy so I went with Oregon and it paid off! It's actually pretty decent as they are being flexible on the details of the trip but I still have to work everything out hence why I'm reporting this so late. As for the $10K value of the trip, basically after the flight and hotel is booked, I get the difference of the $10K as spending money so this is a pretty sweet prize! I will probably try and tour the Pacific Coast and visit Seattle as well so this should be a fun experience.

This is the first trip that I've won and only prize of value I've won in over a year. Awesome that two RFD'ers won both prizes from this contest.

Thanks to Vilmark for posting!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
12744 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
johnnyblayze wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 11:01 am
I did though....and won! I figured I had no shot at Italy so I went with Oregon and it paid off! It's actually pretty decent as they are being flexible on the details of the trip but I still have to work everything out hence why I'm reporting this so late. As for the $10K value of the trip, basically after the flight and hotel is booked, I get the difference of the $10K as spending money so this is a pretty sweet prize! I will probably try and tour the Pacific Coast and visit Seattle as well so this should be a fun experience.

This is the first trip that I've won and only prize of value I've won in over a year. Awesome that two RFD'ers won both prizes from this contest.

Thanks to Vilmark for posting!
Giving you "the change" as spending money is VERY generous of them. Congrats and yay for RFD winners!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Feb 11, 2015
605 posts
8554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nice win johnny. I actually preferred going to Oregon rather than Italy, and do recall entering them so often. Didn't enter that often, and that is awesome about the extra money. Have yourself a great trip. Check out Oregon before you go, I remember seeing books and pictures of waterfalls, falling vines, and just majestic natural pictures. Enjoy blayze.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3238 posts
1087 upvotes
stinastr wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 12:40 pm
Nice win johnny. I actually preferred going to Oregon rather than Italy, and do recall entering them so often. Didn't enter that often, and that is awesome about the extra money. Have yourself a great trip. Check out Oregon before you go, I remember seeing books and pictures of waterfalls, falling vines, and just majestic natural pictures. Enjoy blayze.
Thanks! Yeah, TBH at first I was like "Oregon? Meh.." and I wasn't too keen on going to Cascade Locks and staying put there for 6 days straight. But after determining that I have some flexibility with the arrangements and doing some research on what there is to see and do I am actually pretty excited about this. The extra spending money is great too as I plan to rent a car to travel the pacific coast, visit Cape Flattery (northwestern most point of the contiguous US), and stay in Seattle a couple of nights. I also plan on passing through Aberdeen, WA, where Kurt Cobain grew up as I am a big Nirvana fan and I think that would be a pretty cool experience. Oh and I hear Washington state is a good place for the bolded part above, lol.

On a related note, flights to Portland are pretty expensive (around $800-$900 direct) and hotels in downtown Portland and Seattle are like $300-$400 per night, so that $10K won't go as far as I initially thought but should definitely cover all my expenses there and hopefully will end up with some left over in my pocket.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38282 posts
24620 upvotes
Economy
johnnyblayze wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 1:00 pm
On a related note, flights to Portland are pretty expensive (around $800-$900 direct) and hotels in downtown Portland and Seattle are like $300-$400 per night, so that $10K won't go as far as I initially thought but should definitely cover all my expenses there and hopefully will end up with some left over in my pocket.
I asked Asyssa how much spending money I would have and was hoping it would be around $3,000! I am very happy with that!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3238 posts
1087 upvotes
valeriey wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 3:54 pm
I asked Asyssa how much spending money I would have and was hoping it would be around $3,000! I am very happy with that!
That sounds great! I am dealing with a different person and so I haven't got all the details worked out as yet. Should be getting more information by Thursday as I've submitted my preferred dates. Is everything already booked for you - how long did the process take?
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14037 posts
3158 upvotes
Hey! We switched pages! Congrats to all the early summer winners. Looking at another wet day here in Thunder Bay...
Jul 3, 2011
138 posts
74 upvotes
Oshawa
I won $25 Drake General Store Gift Card form the Great Canadian Homes Instant win :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)