9957 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hannasmom wrote:
Jul 1st, 2017 10:43 pm
I was notified on June 22 that i won the secondary prize in this contest:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-06 ... #p27956809

I chose the $2500 cash option!
Thanks to sinastr for posting.

This win confirms that it is worth me getting back into contesting as my hobby, i used to enter daily back in the "frugalshopper forum" days and was an active member there, and really got into entering and had a lot of great wins. Life got too busy these past 7 years and i put this hobby on the back burner with only entering sporadically. I decided this year to start again and while not daily, i am trying to use the time as "down time" and it can be very rewarding. We all need a hobby and this is a great one!
Very nice win! CONGRATS! I was in Miami during the all star celebrations, than had a fun little journey up. Glad to see all the winners here. Use that money well. It never lasts long. GL ALL!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10715 posts
3907 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Won a Spiderman 5 movie Blu ray set from Shopville on Facebook.
Jan 11, 2017
52 posts
33 upvotes
was after the arm and hammer one and actually had to turn one down as I won it twice (and sadly the 2nd one I won from had only 2 entries for the things) Newsletters are a must for low entry sweeps
Jul 9, 2013
917 posts
6106 upvotes
Ontario
I haven't been posting my wins lately - didn't want to sound braggy - but I now realize that it does motivate us all to keep trying! I would love to see more RFDers posting wins too. It sorta feels like we should be winning more than what is being posted LOL

So...since June 2017, I have won a Samsung S8 from a Telus blog contest ($1000), I was a weekly winner of the Pizza Pizza Raise a Slice Contest ($150 Pizza Pizza GC - my 27 yo son was happy ha), GA tix to Sunday of Rock the Park in London from the OLG on Twitter ($120), $150 GC from Joe Fresh in the #JoeFresh150 Contest on IG, Honda Indy weekend passes from Metrolinx on Facebook ($350), Week passes to the Canadian Open from Metrolinx on Facebook ($565) and a dozen Burnbrae Eggs from the Naturegg, Eggs for Everyone contest ($6 for some primo brown eggs lol).

Right now I am #4 behind what I believe to be a cheater or 2 in the Pizza Pizza Raise a Slice final votes, and #1 might be some sort of contest/scheme based on the comments on their photo. Anyone seen anything like that?
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017 wins to date : 39 wins / $31,133
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3217 posts
19042 upvotes
North York
KellyH905-congratulations on your wins but please remember to thank the posters of those contests too
Jan 11, 2017
52 posts
33 upvotes
KellyH905 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 10:16 am
I haven't been posting my wins lately - didn't want to sound braggy - but I now realize that it does motivate us all to keep trying! I would love to see more RFDers posting wins too. It sorta feels like we should be winning more than what is being posted LOL

).
a lot of the stuff I win is never listed on rfd, quite a few are book sweeps from goodreads.com or author sweeps, or US and Cda sweeps....newsletter sweeps where you just click something and you're entered like that latest drisdol one ..thats spelled wrong lol, the strawberry one..there are tons of sweeps that are newsletter specific and wont be posted here
Nov 1, 2008
877 posts
681 upvotes
I actually had a very nice win of a $300 grocery card from 2017-03-31-health-canada-focus-facts-2042821/ but obtaining the correct prize from Mosaic (contest marketing agency running contest) has proven to be impossible. They mailed it without tracking and it never arrived. I let them know and they stated they'd purchase a new gift card and would send it with tracking, but then they refused to send me the tracking information. I didn't receive this card either. When I let them know they stated they were experiencing internal issues and they'd try again!! Third time (sorta) lucky and I received a gift card, however, it was for a store other than the one stated in the Release Forms and the card is valid only in Calgary! I do not live near Calgary and have no friends or relatives that I can even give it to. Mosaic has ignored my 5 phone messages and numerous emails asking if there is anyway we can work at exchanging this card for the one stated in the Release Forms, but they refuse to reply. I have to assume that they do not have the courtesy to at least let me know they are choosing to do nothing about their error. Frustrating, but I guess a Calgary food bank will see a gift card in their future.
Nov 4, 2010
118 posts
38 upvotes
Burnaby
heckifiknow wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 4:48 pm
I actually had a very nice win of a $300 grocery card from 2017-03-31-health-canada-focus-facts-2042821/ but obtaining the correct prize from Mosaic (contest marketing agency running contest) has proven to be impossible. They mailed it without tracking and it never arrived. I let them know and they stated they'd purchase a new gift card and would send it with tracking, but then they refused to send me the tracking information. I didn't receive this card either. When I let them know they stated they were experiencing internal issues and they'd try again!! Third time (sorta) lucky and I received a gift card, however, it was for a store other than the one stated in the Release Forms and the card is valid only in Calgary! I do not live near Calgary and have no friends or relatives that I can even give it to. Mosaic has ignored my 5 phone messages and numerous emails asking if there is anyway we can work at exchanging this card for the one stated in the Release Forms, but they refuse to reply. I have to assume that they do not have the courtesy to at least let me know they are choosing to do nothing about their error. Frustrating, but I guess a Calgary food bank will see a gift card in their future.

I would go to the media. Every tv station has a 'consumer advocate' that I'm sure would go to bat for you. I went to our consumer advocate in Vancouver after Princess cruises messed me around and I got a free cruise as compensation. Not sure about you, but for $300 grocery card, I'd make a stink.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3217 posts
19042 upvotes
North York
heckifiknow wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 4:48 pm
I would write to the contest sponsor and let them deal with the marketing company for you - good luck
Nov 1, 2008
877 posts
681 upvotes
Rosibal wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 6:56 pm
I would write to the contest sponsor and let them deal with the marketing company for you - good luck
Thanks @rosibal and @Kaffy1. I did send an email off to the sponsor and wait to see if I receive any reply.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13093 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
I won free eyeglasses from this contest. Thanks kindly, macbreezy.

I believe it's a Weekly contest, so you may wish to update the frequency.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10715 posts
3907 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Won another Hormel Gatherings Deli tray FPC from a Hormel Gatherings Canada Facebook giveaway.
Feb 11, 2015
670 posts
9957 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hey, well i won a iTunes download from the gate, got a second thing in the mail from can tire tester club, won 6 shampoos. and some tickets i gave to friends and some tickets i don't know if i'll be able to make it. still trying to sort a few things out, but will get back into contest before summer's end for sure, maybe'zzz. Good luck all. Hope to join you all soon.
Dec 19, 2010
610 posts
4894 upvotes
Vancouver
Haven't had any real big wins yet this year but had a few moderate wins since July 1.

Won $150 cash and some science world tickets from a local radio station (straight to ETF's in my TFSA so it will be the win that keeps on giving)
Won a transformers lunch box from the Valvoline contest, will have to find a nephew to give that too. (thanks RChong)
Won some concert tickets to Shawn Mendes from local radio station, tried to sell, but in the end had to give them away for free.
Won a "cool bag" from the Chiquitta contest (thanks Missycat + UPC posters)
Won a Vitamix blender from the Olympic dairy contest ($715 retail value) - Can't find the thread which means I may have failed to post it, swore I found it here, it was a busy spring for me :(

Thanks again to all the contest posters and the redflagdeals community! May you all have bountiful wins as we approach the "Back to School contests season"
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14714 posts
18327 upvotes
ONTARIO
I received an email today from Jiffy Lube Ontario saying I won a bronze prize in the 'See & Celebrate Canada 150' Contest.
Prize is a Jiffy Lube Oil change gift certificate.

Gold/silver prize would have been fantastic, but I will take what I can get. I haven't won anything in so long lol.

Thanks Vilmark for posting the contest
2017-07-15-jiffy-lube-c-see-celebrate-c ... y-2100884/

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

skultechM0M, MCJD83