Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Jan 13, 2007
678 posts
944 upvotes
Won a weekly prize from the MINI "Add Stories 365 contest. The Weekly
Prize consists of a MINI Prize Pack which includes MINI Bluetooth Speaker, MINI Key Ring, MINI
Foldable Umbrella, MINI Travel Mug, MINI Pen or MINI Pencil Set, MINI Notebook. Approximate retail
value of each MINI Prize Pack is $165. Thanks for posting toguy!!
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14092 posts
3103 upvotes
Just got my $50 cheque in from the Mac's contest win of a couple weeks ago. That was quick!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8012 posts
47227 upvotes
I haven't been contesting as much lately so I'm really surprised to have received 3 wins this week :

1) Sportsnet 590 Vtech bottom of the Ninth memory challenge weekly prize winner. I must have received this one in an email and clicked through as I don't see it posted here. I think I played the game once. The contest is still going until Sept 20th ( https://memory.vtechtrivia.com/)
a VTech Wireless Monitoring System with Cordless Phone and Open/Closed and Door Sensors (VC7151-109), VTech Wireless HD Monitor with 5" Touch Screen and 1 Wi-Fi Pan, Tilt and Zoom Camera and a VTech Smartwatch DX2 (as determined in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors). Total approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is $539.97 CDN.
2) A $50 gift card in the Flip the Lip Mac's contest. 2018-05-01-mac-cus-convenience-stores-i ... l-2116795/ Thanks Ishfish and all the code posters
3) Aukey Canada 3rd anniversary contest on Facebook. Again wasn't posted here just found it on my news feed. This is the prize list https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ign=buffer

Only win #2 has been confirmed with a reply so far

I may have to start investing more time in this again.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14092 posts
3103 upvotes
Won Canada 150 concert tickets but may be unable to claim them as you have to go in person to do so. I was hoping they would just mail me the tix as they wanted my mailing address. I had picked a concert in Toronto as I was going to give the tickets away to a relative. There were no concerts in Thunder Bay. There seldom ever is in nationwide contests. I hope this works out or else I'll have to forfeit...
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3133 posts
18522 upvotes
North York
DougO wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 4:57 pm
Won Canada 150 concert tickets but may be unable to claim them as you have to go in person to do so. I was hoping they would just mail me the tix as they wanted my mailing address. I had picked a concert in Toronto as I was going to give the tickets away to a relative. There were no concerts in Thunder Bay. There seldom ever is in nationwide contests. I hope this works out or else I'll have to forfeit...
Can your relative pick them up for u?
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14092 posts
3103 upvotes
Rosibal wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 6:24 pm
The last time I won a couple years back, they allowed this. Waiting to hear back from them. Would be a shame if I have to forfeit...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4555 posts
4604 upvotes
GTA, ON
DougO wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 1:14 pm
Just got my $50 cheque in from the Mac's contest win of a couple weeks ago. That was quick!
I got mine today also.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14092 posts
3103 upvotes
Rosibal wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 6:24 pm
Looks like they are going to arrange something so my sister can pick up the tickets. They were to be hers anyway as a thank you for the stuff she has done for me over the past few weeks with me being in the hospital and all. I owe her a lot...
Mar 29, 2011
461 posts
1745 upvotes
White Rock, BC
DougO wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 10:57 pm
Looks like they are going to arrange something so my sister can pick up the tickets. They were to be hers anyway as a thank you for the stuff she has done for me over the past few weeks with me being in the hospital and all. I owe her a lot...
So sorry to hear about your hospital stay and wishing you a speedy recovery. You are a very thoughtful brother and I hope your sister enjoys the concert!
Aug 16, 2017
7 posts
239 upvotes
Thanks for posting toguy! I also won a secondary prize in the Monster "Salted Caramel Giveaway". I'm pretty new to contesting so I'm pretty excited.
Jan 11, 2017
48 posts
25 upvotes
Mugs, tea, books by Vanessa Greene & pillow

I enter a lot of blogs that host book sweeps or amazon gift card sweeps (or the rare kindle) they are listed constantly in the newsletters (I think I personally have 20 BUT about 10 expired yesterday....its hard to keep track of these as you end up signing up for 35 authors newsltters at a time and I have one email addy dedicated JUST for the authors and it still takes me about an hour or more to slug thru reading all the emails (quite a few authors also will give away a gift card just for subscribing but you also have to read them and check for your name ..love google and its filters)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3605 posts
14248 upvotes
Halifax
I stopped doing those author contests, very difficult to get off their newsletters, and a book + box of chocolates or something just isn't enough of a draw for me for the amount of time required.
Feb 11, 2015
653 posts
9573 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got another surprise win from the gate, but really, I only entered because the movie reminded me of a nursery rhyme. I really don't know what to do with the 2 promo t-shirts, cell phone cases and posters.

I tried to follow up directly where I located the number of the bell media number that called me right after 9am on Tuesday, but they said I didn't win anything. Emailed one more location, seems strange, but I recall someone else got a call, no message and never followed up on it and they never called back. Sucks, cuz the call woke me up, but I got a good 45 minutes in after before i got up lol.

But since Thursday, I've taken a break. Wish the weather was a little better. I found myself routinely doing the dailies, and I rarely win on those. Seems like I'm up in the morning and will do a run. Will try to get back into it Monday. Not that many wins for the initial time to put in, but contesting is like running, just a hobby, hoping you get some supplies to keep going, but at times you just want to sit down and that's that. Not too many wins, and not too many wins of stuff that will keep me going in the race. Time to get some fresh air.
Nov 9, 2007
81 posts
196 upvotes
Lots of RFD winners for the Monster Salted Caramel contest, I also got a call from them on Friday saying I won a Monster swag bag. Thanks toguy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

sweetlins