Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8025 posts
47405 upvotes
I just won a $50 Mastercard prepaid card :

YOU’RE A WINNER!
Congratulations, you’ve won a Mastercard® $50 Prepaid Card.
An email will be sent in the next 5 business days with directions on how to claim your prize.
Check your Spam/Junk Mail folder if you can’t find it.

I guess it hadn't been posted, but I just put it up :

2017-11-24-mastercard-priceless-maui-ex ... #p28391319
Oct 8, 2007
88 posts
26 upvotes
Well I just won this one

2017/07/31 Ultimate Racing Experience: Drive in Dubai with Degree [No Qc]

Drive a Williams Racing F1 car in Dubai
One Day Driving experience
Tuition in driving formula Renault cars and Williams Racing F1 cars as well as high-speed passenger rides and car drifting experience
Meet and greet with Williams Racing F1 Driver
5-star accommodation in Dubai for two nights (Nov. 27 and 28th, 2017) (Double Occupancy)
Air transportation including airport transfers
Exclusive gifting
Food and Beverage across two days

And because I get in so late I get one extra day at the hotel with guest

Your text to link here...
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13091 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
lackoftalent wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 12:26 pm
Well I just won this one

2017/07/31 Ultimate Racing Experience: Drive in Dubai with Degree [No Qc]

Drive a Williams Racing F1 car in Dubai
One Day Driving experience
Tuition in driving formula Renault cars and Williams Racing F1 cars as well as high-speed passenger rides and car drifting experience
Meet and greet with Williams Racing F1 Driver
5-star accommodation in Dubai for two nights (Nov. 27 and 28th, 2017) (Double Occupancy)
Air transportation including airport transfers
Exclusive gifting
Food and Beverage across two days

And because I get in so late I get one extra day at the hotel with guest

Your text to link here...
Thanks, CABRALJ!
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3213 posts
19014 upvotes
North York
Please remember to thank the poster of the contest you win - it shows appreciation for that person!
Jan 29, 2013
142 posts
857 upvotes
holy wow "lackoftalent" that is going to be some sweet trip!!!! not everyone gets to go to Dubai on someone else's nickel - fabulous win!
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14240 posts
3148 upvotes
Let's all do the Neutron dance (I'm so happy)! Just got off the phone. Got my Xbox One X. Just waiting for the disclaimer forms to be sent. They phoned about 12:45 PM and I asked about delivery and they said 8 - 10 weeks but they also said they expected to get their units in BEFORE the stores got theirs, so it could be much less time. A great start to the week. Thanks to all who posted on this contest...
Aug 29, 2016
132 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Won two tickets from Universal to Niall Horan's concert tomorrow. Anyone interested in purchasing? lol
Jan 11, 2017
52 posts
33 upvotes
from a blog newsletter. a maple lea doll (I search and I get maple leafs lol)
I subscribe to a ridonkulous amount of newsletters plus there's been plenty of fast ones popping up on fb feeds from bloggers these days
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13091 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting to find out about this one.

I don't have a driver's license, and entered thinking that if I was chosen, I could either claim the alternate prize, or simply take the trip and not participate in the tour.

I'll find out soon if those are options (the contact needs to verify with legal), or if I'm simply out of luck. Thanks to Rosibal for posting, either way.
Feb 11, 2015
670 posts
9955 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:40 pm

I don't have a driver's license, and entered thinking that if I was chosen, I could either claim the alternate prize, or simply take the trip and not participate in the tour.

I'll find out soon if those are options (the contact needs to verify with legal), or if I'm simply out of luck. Thanks to Rosibal for posting, either way.
I don't know how you do it, but you're on a roll. Been a while since I could say I was even debating something AWESOME like a trip win. Coincidentally, probably not that many entries on that one, but you've won quite a few trips in your time here. Was that you that also won the front row seats to Hilary Clinton from wonderlist? Thought it was the same name as the trip to Boston you mentioned you won. Anyways, don't tell anyone your secret and keep on going. Looks like I'm going to have to do some tinkering with my gameplay if Monday proves no other fantastical news. The only adrenaline I get is from steaming that I put in too much time lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3213 posts
19014 upvotes
North York
stinastr wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:12 pm
I don't know how you do it, but you're on a roll. Been a while since I could say I was even debating something AWESOME like a trip win. Coincidentally, probably not that many entries on that one, but you've won quite a few trips in your time here. Was that you that also won the front row seats to Hilary Clinton from wonderlist? Thought it was the same name as the trip to Boston you mentioned you won. Anyways, don't tell anyone your secret and keep on going. Looks like I'm going to have to do some tinkering with my gameplay if Monday proves no other fantastical news. The only adrenaline I get is from steaming that I put in too much time lol.
Do tell us your secret but we will keep it between us! :) I am hoping that you can get the prize!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13091 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
stinastr wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:12 pm
Well, I haven't technically won this one yet, so my roll may have hit a speed bump or two! : ) Fingers crossed. To be honest, I'm spectacularly stressed out about it at the moment.

Yes, I was lucky enough to win those two prizes from Wonderlist. I've had good fortune with that sponsor, in particular. It may have something to do with knowing they always contact by phone, and making sure I'm around to accept the call at the identified time. They won't hesitate to pick another name if you don't pick up the phone.

Hope you get some good news soon, stinastr. If you entered it and I'm unable to accept it, maybe you'll be picked for the Xbox contest.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1563 posts
2852 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 1:40 pm

Hope it works out for you. Years ago I won a trip to the Super Bowl but due to circumstances coultn't go and they were unwilling to give me the alternate prize even though the rules gave it as an option. Actually the company was very rude. My only consolation was that the next 2 people chosen couldn't go either. I don't know why they offer alternatives if they are unwilling to actually give them.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13091 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 3:07 pm
Hope it works out for you. Years ago I won a trip to the Super Bowl but due to circumstances coultn't go and they were unwilling to give me the alternate prize even though the rules gave it as an option. Actually the company was very rude. My only consolation was that the next 2 people chosen couldn't go either. I don't know why they offer alternatives if they are unwilling to actually give them.
Whether it works out or not, this contact person was very polite and seemed keen to accommodate me if possible.

I understand if companies have legal requirements, and I'll try not to be bitter if it doesn't work out. Obviously, I hope I get the cash, but I understand if the sponsor would rather have a participant that they could subsequently use for photos in social media and the like. If I wind up getting the money, I should use some of it on driving lessons to get that dang licence!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

sweetlins