Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Feb 11, 2015
670 posts
9957 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you get the money, that is totally gravy. All for it. Better to get excited over someone else's win than none of your own lol.

This is what I garnish from the rules:

The Contest is only open to natural persons who (at the time of entry): (i) are residents of and are physically located in Canada; and (ii) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence and have valid government issued photo identification for verification purposes (HOWEVER, as noted below in section 6, in order to participate in the Tour “defined below”, the confirmed winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must have a valid drivers license – see section 6 below for details).

If they refuse to give you the money, as you're not under the age of 21, I'd argue, I still have the rights for the trip, but won't participate in the Tour, as that is what it clearly says in the rules. I don't know exactly what section 6 is but hope it works out for you.

Plus, if this was mandatory, the rules never specified that, and on top of that, they were willing to give an alternative either way, so they can't be that social media crazy and have one of their winner's in the tour's running. Good luck! And good luck everyone, christmas contests soon, and I usually have better than average luck at those.
Deal Guru
Jul 13, 2008
14608 posts
848 upvotes
Markham/Hamilton
Rosibal wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:31 pm
Me too and I went ahead and ordered 4! you can order more for free if you want
Congrats! Haha I figured that out too after I accidentally went through the checkout with 3 free tickets. I emailed the contest organizer and they said it was a mistake on their end and to keep the extra ticket so we're both set. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3216 posts
19040 upvotes
North York
KC108 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:36 pm
Congrats! Haha I figured that out too after I accidentally went through the checkout with 3 free tickets. I emailed the contest organizer and they said it was a mistake on their end and to keep the extra ticket so we're both set. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I won last year too...lol...you can enter multiple times with that code to "purchase" tickets :)
Deal Guru
Jul 13, 2008
14608 posts
848 upvotes
Markham/Hamilton
Rosibal wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:45 pm
I won last year too...lol...you can enter multiple times with that code to "purchase" tickets :)
I bet they sent all the winners the exact same code. How was the show last year? And is there a dress code?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3216 posts
19040 upvotes
North York
KC108 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:50 pm
I bet they sent all the winners the exact same code. How was the show last year? And is there a dress code?
I gave it to my sons -they had a good time - very casual place
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19204 posts
121824 upvotes
GTA
KC108 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:20 pm
I just got an email informing me I won 2 tickets to the Beaver and Bacon Comedy Festival!

2017-10-31-win-snes-classic-vip-beaver- ... #p28418728
+1...and thanks to @bandicoot83 for posting! Ordering instructions for the tickets were not exactly spelled out, and did not know which of the 2 to order (early bird or regular). Chose early bird since it seemed to include a separate show ticket but then didn't know how the tickets for the separate show would be delivered, and there was no way to specify which one. Just went through and used the same code to order tickets for one of the other shows through a separate transaction without issue.
Jan 16, 2012
454 posts
4064 upvotes
Ontario
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:17 pm

Yes, I was lucky enough to win those two prizes from Wonderlist. I've had good fortune with that sponsor, in particular. It may have something to do with knowing they always contact by phone, and making sure I'm around to accept the call at the identified time. They won't hesitate to pick another name if you don't pick up the phone.
Good to hear - re Wonderlist. I've been entering for years and nothing from them. I'm starting to ignore 800 numbers and calls from the US. I'm getting lots of "Google ADword" sales calls. Does Wonderlist use a local number when they call?
2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 - 16 win/$8,960 2015 - 20 wins/$6,333 2014 - 19 wins/$1,187 2013 - 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 - 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 - 1 win/$5,000 The person that said winning isn't everything, never won anything. ~Mia Hamm
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13092 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
ActonSue wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:50 am
Good to hear - re Wonderlist. I've been entering for years and nothing from them. I'm starting to ignore 800 numbers and calls from the US. I'm getting lots of "Google ADword" sales calls. Does Wonderlist use a local number when they call?
Believe so. They say in the Rules when they'll be calling (time and date), so if you get a call around then, I'd pick up regardless.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Sep 11, 2017
28 posts
127 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:33 am
Believe so. They say in the Rules when they'll be calling (time and date), so if you get a call around then, I'd pick up regardless.
This is what I see in the contest rules "Each potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. "

Is there somewhere specifically where it says they only call? I haven't seen it.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13092 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
katrinabadina wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:45 pm
This is what I see in the contest rules "Each potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. "

Is there somewhere specifically where it says they only call? I haven't seen it.
Looks like they broadened the window since days gone by. In my experience, it's late morning/early afternoon on the selection day identified in the Rules.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Apr 15, 2013
255 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
3 cans of coke in Pizza Pizza’s Crack the Cardboard contest worth $2.99. :-)

Mine was a purchase entry but thanks to Tracydeanne for posting the NPE rules
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3216 posts
19040 upvotes
North York
ph6704 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 9:22 am
3 cans of coke in Pizza Pizza’s Crack the Cardboard contest worth $2.99. :-)

Mine was a purchase entry but thanks to Tracydeanne for posting the NPE rules
Yeah-me too, BUT those 3 cans of Coke when you order a pizza online...what a reap off!