Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Mar 7, 2009
184 posts
938 upvotes
Bowmanville
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 8:33 am

Believe so. They say in the Rules when they'll be calling (time and date), so if you get a call around then, I'd pick up regardless.
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:54 pm

Looks like they broadened the window since days gone by. In my experience, it's late morning/early afternoon on the selection day identified in the Rules.
I have won twice from Wonderlist and both times they phoned around 10-11 am. Each time I wasn't expecting (or hoping) for their phone call and was surprised. I always answer my phone. No way I want to miss a contest win. :)

However I also figured they would leave a voice message if the answering machine picked up while I was out. I'm not impressed to read they might just phone a different person if you are not home. I'm going to make up a sticky note with their contest end dates now and put it on my monitor.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13092 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
Kesali wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:00 am
I have won twice from Wonderlist and both times they phoned around 10-11 am. Each time I wasn't expecting (or hoping) for their phone call and was surprised. I always answer my phone. No way I want to miss a contest win. :)

However I also figured they would leave a voice message if the answering machine picked up while I was out. I'm not impressed to read they might just phone a different person if you are not home. I'm going to make up a sticky note with their contest end dates now and put it on my monitor.
Yeah, the "if they don't pick up, move on" policy isn't my favourite. In some cases, it's a practical consideration. I won one for an event that required extensive security checks, and they simply couldn't afford to wait for a potential winner to call them back.

And they don't want to leave a voicemail saying "You're a winner, but only if you call me back in the next two hours", because that would be a REALLY annoying message to receive after three hours. They don't want to have to deal with a person who's a little annoyed that they missed out on a great prize. So, in their mind, the kindest, most efficient thing is to call people on a list and the first person to pick up is the winner.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Nov 7, 2013
101 posts
1099 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just out of curiosity - what phone number/area code do they use? I get so many random phone calls from the US that are automated scams these days that sometimes I don’t pick up. (I always do a reverse phone number search after though!)
Mar 7, 2009
184 posts
938 upvotes
Bowmanville
Andymo wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:05 pm
Just out of curiosity - what phone number/area code do they use? I get so many random phone calls from the US that are automated scams these days that sometimes I don’t pick up. (I always do a reverse phone number search after though!)
I don't have call display so I don't recall. Probably 416 for Toronto.

Out of curiosity though, why not just answer the phone? I just hang up as soon as I realize it's another scam or business trying to get my money. Rude much? Maybe. But I figure they were rude first invading my peace with their BS :)
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13092 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
Andymo wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 11:05 pm
Believe it's a 416 number, but a lot of scammers have ways of falsifying their Caller ID display, such that it looks like an innocuous, local number. I'd probably just take the risk and deal with the annoyance of occasional robocalls.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3748 posts
15045 upvotes
Halifax
Hi folks, would you mind please taking the convo over to the Discussion thread? I keep thinking all the new posts are wins. ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38258 posts
26044 upvotes
Economy
Tracydeanne wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:05 pm
Hi folks, would you mind please taking the convo over to the Discussion thread? I keep thinking all the new posts are wins. ;)
Agree
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13092 posts
3316 upvotes
Toronto
Won a secondary prize in this contest. Completely unannounced, so it was a nice surprise! A bunch of soda and a digital download for "Wonder Woman". Thanks, vilmark!
Jan 29, 2013
142 posts
857 upvotes
Nice! congrats Sherlock - I always try for Jones but have never heard of a winner until now! Keeping me in the game with your news - thanks and cheers to more wins!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8025 posts
47406 upvotes
Just won a 2nd $50 Mastercard from this contest I posted :

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-11- ... #p28391319

I also got a win from a Rogers Facebook contest. I couldn't find it here and I only found it a few days before it ended. It was an automatic entry if you rented Guardians of The Galaxy 2 on Rogers on Demand or you could mail in an entry. I mailed in an entry and I wasn't even sure it was going to arrive in time.

I'm just waiting on the promotions company to confirm the model but I won a 65" LG 4K TV.

I'm super pumped to see what model it is.

edit : I just found the rules link and this is what I won LG Signature W7 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED webOS 3.5 Smart TV (OLED65W7P) I can't wait to get this!!!!
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14710 posts
18317 upvotes
ONTARIO
Farseer wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:03 pm

edit : I just found the rules link and this is what I won LG Signature W7 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED webOS 3.5 Smart TV (OLED65W7P) I can't wait to get this!!!!
A $10,000 TV? Seriously? That is insane. Congrats.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14240 posts
3148 upvotes
Farseer wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:03 pm
Just won a 2nd $50 Mastercard from this contest I posted :

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-11- ... #p28391319

I also got a win from a Rogers Facebook contest. I couldn't find it here and I only found it a few days before it ended. It was an automatic entry if you rented Guardians of The Galaxy 2 on Rogers on Demand or you could mail in an entry. I mailed in an entry and I wasn't even sure it was going to arrive in time.

I'm just waiting on the promotions company to confirm the model but I won a 65" LG 4K TV.

I'm super pumped to see what model it is.

OLED is a very nice set. Congrats!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

thetank85