Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Mar 29, 2011
465 posts
1759 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Let this be a cautionary tale....I won something, but I won't be receiving it! My facebook account is under my maiden name, and all of my i.d.'s are under my married name. I've long discarded of my old i.d.'s. Oh well...my fault...

What I won was the grand prize in the Cashmere Vote to Win contest. Thank you to the OP vilmark!

2017-10-26-cashmere-bathroom-tissue-vot ... k-2131270/

I hope someone else on rfd is selected! Good luck to you all...you still have a chance :)
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
13060 posts
3297 upvotes
Toronto
grace1972 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:58 pm
Let this be a cautionary tale....I won something, but I won't be receiving it! My facebook account is under my maiden name, and all of my i.d.'s are under my married name. I've long discarded of my old i.d.'s. Oh well...my fault...

What I won was the grand prize in the Cashmere Vote to Win contest. Thank you to the OP vilmark!

2017-10-26-cashmere-bathroom-tissue-vot ... k-2131270/

I hope someone else on rfd is selected! Good luck to you all...you still have a chance :)
What? That's nonsense on the part of the sponsor. Surely you can do something else to prove your identity. You still have a birth certificate, right?
Wishing everyone a lucky 2017!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2897 posts
25263 upvotes
So sorry to hear that happened to you Grace.

This is probably a result of people cheating and now honest contesters are paying the price.

Will they not allow a birth certificate or marriage certificate as proof?
Mar 29, 2011
465 posts
1759 upvotes
White Rock, BC
sherlockmandango wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:17 pm
What? That's nonsense on the part of the sponsor. Surely you can do something else to prove your identity. You still have a birth certificate, right?
They require a piece of photo id, sadly my birth certificate doesn't count they have said! Thank you kindly for the suggestion though sherlockmandango!!
Mar 29, 2011
465 posts
1759 upvotes
White Rock, BC
BK2006 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:27 pm
So sorry to hear that happened to you Grace.

This is probably a result of people cheating and now honest contesters are paying the price.

Will they not allow a birth certificate or marriage certificate as proof?
Thank you BK2006 for your understanding. They won't accept either as proof of identity, which I find kind of stringent (they are firm about a picture i.d.). But I'm letting it go and hope you, sherlockmandango, or someone else on this forum is selected instead!
Nov 24, 2004
40 posts
211 upvotes
I received my prize today for the Facebook Zwillings-Henckel Canada Knife of the Month contest for the month of October. A 2 pc carving set Value $115
This is a once per month contest, found here:

https://www.facebook.com/ZWILLINGCanada ... 275748075/

I can't be certain that it has been posted, as the search function on the site won't work right now....
Jan 11, 2017
51 posts
31 upvotes
one of the winners of my Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Mask GiveawaY (BLOGGER newsletter) ..also my bayer win from back in sept came in, as did my Aveeno gift basket - still waiting on a few books from authors or goodreads and the maple lea doll
Aug 16, 2015
38 posts
335 upvotes
Powell River
Big win today! My husband received notification that he won the Botswana and Victoria Falls trip from the Airmiles Great Getaway contest! https://www.airmiles.ca/arr/Splash?spla ... cale=en_CA - Thank you Rosibal!! We also get $2000 spending money and a $500 Hudsons Bay gift card. This will be a bucket list trip! By the way he entered by doing the essays and I think he did about 5 entries.
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10712 posts
3904 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
Won a Quake Champions game code from MSI on Facebook. It sure has been a slow year so far with only a few small wins.
Spoke too soon, just saw on the EVGA Facebook page that I won an EVGA Z270 FTW K motherboard.
Last edited by bug on Nov 11th, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3204 posts
18991 upvotes
North York
BarbaraB638425 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:42 am
Big win today! My husband received notification that he won the Botswana and Victoria Falls trip from the Airmiles Great Getaway contest! https://www.airmiles.ca/arr/Splash?spla ... cale=en_CA - Thank you Rosibal!! We also get $2000 spending money and a $500 Hudsons Bay gift card. This will be a bucket list trip! By the way he entered by doing the essays and I think he did about 5 entries.
Congrats and enjoy!
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14222 posts
3145 upvotes
BarbaraB638425 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:42 am
Sounds fantastic! I won a 17 day safari trip to Kenya back in the 1980s but Victoria Falls wasn't part of it. Did get to the Serengeti among other places though. I know you'll enjoy the trip...
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14222 posts
3145 upvotes
bug wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:22 pm
Won a Quake Champions game code from MSI on Facebook. It sure has been a slow year so far with only a few small wins.
Spoke too soon, just saw on the EVGA Facebook page that I won an EVGA Z270 FTW K motherboard.
Did they inform you only on FB or did they also send an email? Reason I ask is I enter a lot of contests on FB that do not require an FB account but I have yet to win anything from that route (or Twitter for that matter). Congrats on winning the board...
Oct 13, 2004
727 posts
191 upvotes
I won an iPad in a very local contest. :) (attend a meeting and be there to win)
Second ipad in this household in the last few months!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
10712 posts
3904 upvotes
Brossard, Quebec
DougO wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:35 pm
Did they inform you only on FB or did they also send an email? Reason I ask is I enter a lot of contests on FB that do not require an FB account but I have yet to win anything from that route (or Twitter for that matter). Congrats on winning the board...
EVGA usually will email winners for contests like this but nothing yet. Usually takes a few days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

coolman217