Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Nov 25, 2010
69 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
mzboutique wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:34 pm
I have been notified that I am the winner of this contest: British Tourist Authority "Love is GREAT Britain"! https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-09 ... c-2115586/

Thanks to toguy for posting!

I have a question for previous trip winners with Air Canada: They had given me a flight redemption code but airport taxes are not included - is this a common practice?
Congrats! I was really hoping to win this, but I shouldn't be greedy as I won a trip to London back in November. My first contest trip win to London was back in 2009, and flew with Air Canada but all expenses were covered. My trip back in November I flew with Delta, with a stop over in Amsterdam, and that too the taxes were covered. Enjoy your trip!
2018 Wins: Sam Smith Tickets from ChumFm,
2017 Wins: Going in Style movie passes, Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Flag, Decanter Fine Wine Encounter, Free 2L of Canada Dry, Dog Food from Cesar
Mar 7, 2009
284 posts
1242 upvotes
Bowmanville
mzboutique wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:34 pm
I have been notified that I am the winner of this contest: British Tourist Authority "Love is GREAT Britain"! https://forums.redflagdeals.com/2017-09 ... c-2115586/

Thanks to toguy for posting!

I have a question for previous trip winners with Air Canada: They had given me a flight redemption code but airport taxes are not included - is this a common practice?
Late reply from me, but yes, I also had to pay taxes on one contest and not others.

I won a CHFI trip in 2012 and had to pay the taxes for 2 people. That trip I won on a Monday and we flew out on Thursday the same week!

I won 3 other trips that involved airfare after that trip, but did not have to pay any taxes or fees involving the flights. Depends on the sponsor.

Enjoy!
Jan 11, 2017
147 posts
175 upvotes
a couple of blog wins (newsletters I signed up for and even an instagram win), nothing as exciting as the ps4 or fuji camera, but still nice, considering how much time I spend on entering ... I'd really like to win more books or amazon stuff like that and right now there are tons of hops going on , on twitter, so maybe MY luck will change...
nice to see how much RFD members are winning
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy, Trojan
Jul 3, 2011
163 posts
226 upvotes
Oshawa
I won a camera from the Canon On the Glass contest a little while ago but never heard from them or received a response to my emails, still hoping something shows up! Thanks to the OP SoroSuub1!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4033 posts
1754 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
rockhopper wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:45 pm
I won a camera from the Canon On the Glass contest a little while ago but never heard from them or received a response to my emails, still hoping something shows up! Thanks to the OP SoroSuub1!
I had that issue with the fireplace I won. I contacted them through their facebook page after several emails and got it sorted out. You should try a different method of contact. Congrats on the win!
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1048 posts
13852 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rockhopper wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:45 pm
It just shows up. A lot sooner than I thought hearing from someone who won before me. He mentioned they never replied, it just showed up. Should happen that way.

Congrats!
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4033 posts
1754 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I had a pretty awesome week this week.

$250 gift card for a local group of restaurants
$125 for Boston pizza from a Twitter contest and a year supply of cookies from Voortman Bakeries.

I also think that I may have won the Iceland Naturally January contest, but I'm not sure.
Jan 11, 2017
147 posts
175 upvotes
A $25 AMAZON.COM gc from being a newsletter subscriber to an author, a book win from a book blogger (I only entered once) ...I've hope to get something pricey from amazon soon, I've been saving up codes
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy, Trojan
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15567 posts
3827 upvotes
First win since October and I don't even know what is about:

"Hey,
congratulations, you've been randomly selected as the one winner for the Trove: Streamer Dream Boxes Giveaway Giveaway presented by Gamerheadquarters. You can find your code for the game below, enjoy! Be sure to check out the giveaways page for current and future giveaways. Thanks,"

Anyone know?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
5958 posts
5683 upvotes
GTA, ON
DougO wrote:
Feb 18th, 2018 2:24 am
First win since October and I don't even know what is about:

"Hey,
congratulations, you've been randomly selected as the one winner for the Trove: Streamer Dream Boxes Giveaway Giveaway presented by Gamerheadquarters. You can find your code for the game below, enjoy! Be sure to check out the giveaways page for current and future giveaways. Thanks,"

Anyone know?
Sounds like a free video game too me.
Feb 25, 2018
2 posts
I won the sweepstakes for a contest. Can I be sure that anything I entered through this site is not a scam as it asks for my sin number...
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
1048 posts
13852 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kirahstraathof wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:36 am
I won the sweepstakes for a contest. Can I be sure that anything I entered through this site is not a scam as it asks for my sin number...
Was this a US/Canada contest? If so, you may not need it as a Canadian, but you have to read the rules for the contest. I have never been asked for that, and it would only make sense if it was a US based contest, as they pay taxes for their wins. Congratulations and hope you can resolve it without having it feel like you're being cheated being asked too much personal information.

Going to get into the contest game again in a couple of days. Already browsing. Good luck all.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16234 posts
12978 upvotes
Toronto
kirahstraathof wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 1:36 am
I've won plenty of contests. Never seen one that asks for SIN number. Sounds super sketchy. Please post contest website so we can check it out
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

chaingunsofdoom, Melkor