Contests

[Other] Contest Winners Alert: Pls Post Your Contest Wins Here

Jan 30, 2016
314 posts
672 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I also won a cooler!! How many beers can I fit in it? :)
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3607 posts
20735 upvotes
North York
whobetta wrote:
Jun 5th, 2018 7:23 pm
Recently won a $10 Amazon code from IBC Flood Factor contest and Trucker hat from Eagle Garage contest. Thanks to OP's.
I also won the trucker hat...when I opened the email and it said congratulations, I thought I won the main prize! what a disappointment! lol
Aug 27, 2012
6 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Rosibal wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:56 am
I also won the trucker hat...when I opened the email and it said congratulations, I thought I won the main prize! what a disappointment! lol
Same thing happened to me! Contesting is such an emotional rollercoaster! lol
Nov 24, 2004
73 posts
517 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
cassandrasch wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 2:16 pm
Same thing happened to me! Contesting is such an emotional rollercoaster! lol
Yes! Me too...i saw the "congratulations you have won first prize" statement and got excited for a nano-second...
May 6, 2009
99 posts
146 upvotes
Hamilton
Kesali wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:05 pm
Those who won and received the Budweiser/Ruffles cooler - > what company did it arrive via?

My friend down the street had a "Missed delivery" notice stuck on her door from Canpar. But it had someone else's name on it that she doesn't recognize as a neighbour.

When I walked home, I also discovered a "missed delivery" notice from Canpar on my door, addressed to someone I never heard of either.

We both phoned Canpar, who seemed surprised to discover these people did not live at these addresses. Canpar insisted there's nothing being held/delivered in my name or to my address otherwise.

So strange.
Mine was delivered via Canpar
Wins
2018 - $4650 to date
2017 - $15,275 (2 trips) 2016 - $18,645 (2 trips) 2015 - $9,250 (1 trip) 2014 - $8,200 (1 trip) 2013 - $36,145 (1 car & 2 trips) 2012 - $8600 (2 trips)
Mar 7, 2009
242 posts
1188 upvotes
Bowmanville
BobbyOrr4444 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 4:02 pm
Mine was delivered via Canpar
Did it have your name on it? (Receiver's name) or someone else's?

It has to be the cooler but it's addressed to someone else. As I said, my friend won one as well but her notice also has a different name on it instead of her name.
Jan 13, 2007
694 posts
986 upvotes
Kesali wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 2:05 pm
Those who won and received the Budweiser/Ruffles cooler - > what company did it arrive via?

My friend down the street had a "Missed delivery" notice stuck on her door from Canpar. But it had someone else's name on it that she doesn't recognize as a neighbour.

When I walked home, I also discovered a "missed delivery" notice from Canpar on my door, addressed to someone I never heard of either.

We both phoned Canpar, who seemed surprised to discover these people did not live at these addresses. Canpar insisted there's nothing being held/delivered in my name or to my address otherwise.

So strange.
Same thing happened to me. Doubt I will go and try and retrieve it. Hopefully they will resend??? The name on mine was Dicken.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2109 posts
772 upvotes
harryone wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 5:16 pm
Same thing happened to me. Doubt I will go and try and retrieve it. Hopefully they will resend??? The name on mine was Dicken.
I got a Canpar notice today too with a random name on it (Jessie), presumably the cooler. I'll try and collect and see what happens.
Apr 20, 2018
122 posts
9 upvotes
I got the notice yesterday that I won a cooler and was pretty excited. Now I just have to hope it actually gets here by the sound of it.
Apr 22, 2013
201 posts
1636 upvotes
Woodbridge
Mine was delivered by Canpar as well, and I had to go pick it up at a convenience store by my house. They asked to see ID, so I'm not sure what you would do if the slip had the wrong name? My slip said it was from Air Miles so I thought I won something else lol I was slightly disappointed I didn't have two wins in three days haha
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3500 posts
1447 upvotes
I also received mine yesterday but with someone else's name on the label. I replied to the contest notification email to advise them of this but so far no response. Oh well, hopefully 'Carriere' gets his/her cooler lol.
Jan 28, 2018
76 posts
48 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 6:25 pm
I got a Canpar notice today too with a random name on it (Jessie), presumably the cooler. I'll try and collect and see what happens.
Interesting. I wonder if you're screwed if you miss the delivery person? I'm assuming Canpar IDs if you pick it up at their facility and they would have to reject you due to nonmatching name?
Mar 7, 2009
242 posts
1188 upvotes
Bowmanville
UPDATE: Canpar came back today while I was home. He took the different name in stride. I explained I was expecting a cooler from a contest and that the company seemed to have mixed up names. He was delivering a lot of these and was cool with it. I'm happy! I mentioned my friend down the street was expecting one as well and he said he already dropped it off to her.
ImagineCH wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 6:50 am
I also won a cooler!! How many beers can I fit in it? :)
I just tried it out. 18. I was able to make 3 rows of 6 bottles.
Jun 6, 2012
233 posts
3601 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Well, I'm excited. Got an email that I won the Bose Wave Music System IV from this contest which was posted by @TomRFD (Thanks so much @TomRFD )

2018/06/07 Today's Shopping Choice "Bose Giveaway" (no QC)

Funny, I enter contests but am always amazed when I win. But I love music, so I'm going to really enjoy the Bose system.
Last edited by KaDubb on Jun 9th, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2003
483 posts
1129 upvotes
Iron Bridge
I also won a cooler. My email notification came at 11 p.m. June 7. Thanks rchong for posting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)