Page 4 of 7

Re: Continuum

Posted: Aug 9th, 2012 8:17 am
by time space
I just finished watching the season one finale of Continuum and my opinion remains unchanged - it's the best new sci-fi series I've seen in a decade.

It's very well written with obvious forethought into the longer term structure of the story, which is critical in any time travel story that hopes to juggle the logic for any length of time.

Of course, now I'm left to hoping that the series gets funding to carry on - that's the cruelest part about watching new TV shows - you can't just slip in another disc from the box set sitting beside your TV.

What are the chances of it getting a season two and beyond? Who knows? It has one major thing going against it - it's too darn smart. The public has a taste for stupidity these days, so stupidity sells. Nonetheless, I remain optimistic.

Posted: Aug 9th, 2012 2:55 pm
by projectmoonlightcafe
buffylover wrote:
May 28th, 2012 3:27 pm
well I actually did ask her if she was upset that she wasnt in the new one and she said "dont tell anyone, but I didnt want to be in it"
Very pretty girl, although that mole under her eye bothers me....but don't tell her that..lol

Posted: Aug 10th, 2012 11:38 pm
by konfusion666
Mr. Robo wrote:
Aug 9th, 2012 11:46 am
I see that Rachel Nichols is making an appearance at Fan Expo this year.
the whole cast and crew of Continuum will be at Fan Expo on either the Saturday or Sunday (or maybe both).
it's printed right in the Fan Expo schedule (released today)

Posted: Aug 11th, 2012 1:25 pm
by DougO
If Falling Skies can get a 3rd season on the strength of the revamp of the 2nd season, then Continuum should definitely get a second season. And if the rumors of it being sold worldwide are true, then money will be available...

Posted: Aug 18th, 2012 1:47 am
by WildWolf
After show 7 I stopped watching, it is stupid. And the girl thinks she is really from the future, if you can't see this I dunno about you.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2012 11:00 am
by jl001
WildWolf wrote:
Aug 18th, 2012 5:47 am
After show 7 I stopped watching, it is stupid. And the girl thinks she is really from the future, if you can't see this I dunno about you.
You don't seem to understand the show. There is no doubt that she is from the future. The old Alec sent her there. The only question is whether or not the future is pre-determined.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2012 11:19 am
by WildWolf
jl001 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2012 3:00 pm
You don't seem to understand the show. There is no doubt that she is from the future. The old Alec sent her there. The only question is whether or not the future is pre-determined.
I do understand the show, I know she is originally from the future, regardless it is a stupid show.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2012 11:33 pm
by DougO
WildWolf wrote:
Aug 18th, 2012 3:19 pm
I do understand the show, I know she is originally from the future, regardless it is a stupid show.
Not to start a flame war but what (in your opinion) makes it a stupid show? Not your genre perhaps? I see a lot of that where people will review (but not critique) a show or movie based on their like/dislike of the genre, rather than the content. In school, that would normally get you a failing grade (at least that was the criteria my professors always made me accept). There are a lot of genre shows on television but I generally just don't watch them if it's something I don't like (sports, food shows, reality shows, etc.). Is it the show or the genre you think is stupid? Do you watch other sci-fi shows? If so, which ones?

Posted: Aug 18th, 2012 11:36 pm
by WildWolf
DougO wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 3:33 am
Not to start a flame war but what (in your opinion) makes it a stupid show? Not your genre perhaps? I see a lot of that where people will review (but not critique) a show or movie based on their like/dislike of the genre, rather than the content. In school, that would normally get you a failing grade (at least that was the criteria my professors always made me accept). There are a lot of genre shows on television but I generally just don't watch them if it's not something I like (sports, food shows, reality shows, etc.). Is it the show or the genre you think is stupid? Do you watch other sic-fi shows? If so, which ones?
It's a Cop Show, while in the midst of it all, pretending that they are all from the future while in present day. That is why it's a dumb show, I've watched alot of shows, movies, documentaries, and mini-series, and I this show is nothing.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2012 5:36 am
by time space
WildWolf wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 3:36 am
It's a Cop Show, while in the midst of it all, pretending that they are all from the future while in present day. That is why it's a dumb show, I've watched alot of shows, movies, documentaries, and mini-series, and I this show is nothing.
Woah! They're just pretending their from the future?!? You just blew my mind, man.

Posted: Aug 19th, 2012 11:04 am
by projectmoonlightcafe
The Canadian currency makes the show kinda funny.

Posted: Jan 20th, 2013 5:30 pm
by DougO
Off to a bad start in the US. No promotion from SyFy at all!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/boa ... /209533043

Posted: Jan 22nd, 2013 4:22 pm
by time space
DougO wrote:
Jan 20th, 2013 10:30 pm

Uh oh - that's bad news - but I still hope they go ahead with a second season.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 12:46 pm
by konfusion666
DougO wrote:

Americans don't really have a taste for sci-fi anymore, apparently...

Posted: Jan 24th, 2013 10:59 am
by SAN66
DougO wrote:

Not that surprising. Didn't think Americans would like the entire corporatism vs anti corporatism plotlines and I can see why SyFy wouldn't promote it as heavily over there.