Home & Garden

Contractor for Interlocking (Oakville, ON area)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2016 10:22 am
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2004
760 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto

Contractor for Interlocking (Oakville, ON area)

We are looking to widen our 1 car driveway in Oakville and interested in any recommendations for interlocking contractors to help with this job in the GTA. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
8 replies
Jul 14, 2016
60 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sure. Hardscapes ID. Driveway Interlock Oakville - http://hardscapesid.com/driveway-interlock-oakville/
Exactly in your area. I like them. Very good prices, creative guys! Ask for Tony 1-844-308-6049. Say you found him online ;) He will be happy.
Let us know here if you end up using them (or anyone else) and how it was.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1578 posts
816 upvotes
GTHA
kwasley wrote: interface landscaping
MaryClark wrote: Sure. Hardscapes ID. Driveway Interlock Oakville - http://hardscapesid.com/driveway-interlock-oakville/
Exactly in your area. I like them. Very good prices, creative guys! Ask for Tony 1-844-308-6049. Say you found him online ;) He will be happy.

I'm currently looking for a landscaper to do a sizeable job.

Can you both please elaborate on what you had done and why you'd recommend who you did? Thanks.
Jul 14, 2016
60 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RETD wrote: I'm currently looking for a landscaper to do a sizeable job.

Can you both please elaborate on what you had done and why you'd recommend who you did? Thanks.
My co-worker bought a house last year and was doing massive home improvements. Hi did basement underpinning and waterproofing, huge patio, interlock, repainted the house and did some roof works. Massive construction!
For patio and interlock he used Hardscapes ID. When this year we decided to redo our interlocking, I decided to use him as my co-worker was very happy with his work and said he did the research before choosing him and he is good.

I left happy with his work. In my case nothing extremely complicated, but he was on time, quote was reasonable, did the work as he promised in time and cleaned after himself. I mean I have flowers all over and was afraid everything will die after their invasion. But they were nice. I personally spoke with Tony. I think he is the owner there. He had a team of few people working on my project. I don't know, just left very good impression and work was done good and on time.

I know guys are doing a lot, but mainly stonework. They are doing pools also. And portfolio pictures he was showing me were from very simple small projects to mansion patios. Another thing I liked, usually you are allowed to choose just the stone, color, shape. These guys are doing beautiful designs. They have a guy who is doing design and he always look to mix some interesting borders and play with shape and color.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
If extending your driveway get a permit if required.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1578 posts
816 upvotes
GTHA
MaryClark wrote: Sure. Hardscapes ID. Driveway Interlock Oakville - http://hardscapesid.com/driveway-interlock-oakville/
This is a (non) review of Hardscapes.

First let me say that I do sincerely appreciate that you made a suggestion.
Given that your post history indicates you are not a shill for them and your positive review, they were in my mind the frontrunner to get the job.

I made an appointment with Tony to come by for an estimate but he never showed. No phone call beforehand to say he wasn't coming, no phone call afterward to explain why he didn't show and all my calls while waiting for him to arrive went unanswered. Also left a voicemail but to no avail.

Ironically his welcome greeting emphasizes the importance of first impressions - just hilarious.

Wasted a morning waiting for him.
Sadly just typical contractor behaviour.

Oh well, the search continues ...

steivewonder88 wrote: We are looking to widen our 1 car driveway in Oakville and interested in any recommendations for interlocking contractors to help with this job in the GTA. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!
OP, have you had any luck with other contractors?