Cookina cooking & BBQ sheets

Deal Link:
Price:
Cookina baking sheets, oven protectors & bbq sheets cheapest prices:

BBQ sheet: $13.19 IGA
Baking sheet: 10$ Canadian Tire
Parchminum: 10$ Canadian Tire
Oven protector 12$ Canadian Tire

Inside each roll are 2 or 3 coupons for $2 to $4 off next purchase. Buy 1 product then use the coupons to buy the others
Parchminum & baking sheet serve pretty much the same function.

I've used the BBQ sheet, Parchminum & baking sheet so far. 100% satisfied.
5 replies
Nov 2, 2011
26 posts
9 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Don't buy it. I have it and used it a couple of times. I BBQ quite a bit and here is what I think...

Pro:
No mess on the grill
can be easily wiped clean
Grill marks are transfer to the meat
High heat transfer rate, no wait time for it to heat up

Con:
There is no holes, so the juice/oil from what you are cooking stays on the sheet making it very easy to burn.
Things aren't really grilled at that point. Almost as though you are using your frying pan.
Once you are done the first round, you have to wipe it clean before your second round or else everything from the first round stays on the sheet and gets transferred to the second round of whatever you are cooking.

Those are my honest opinions.
Mar 21, 2005
155 posts
19 upvotes
Scarborough
Thank you for the review, I always want to find out how the BBQ sheet works.
aywakko wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 7:29 am
Don't buy it. I have it and used it a couple of times. I BBQ quite a bit and here is what I think...

Pro:
No mess on the grill
can be easily wiped clean
Grill marks are transfer to the meat
High heat transfer rate, no wait time for it to heat up

Con:
There is no holes, so the juice/oil from what you are cooking stays on the sheet making it very easy to burn.
Things aren't really grilled at that point. Almost as though you are using your frying pan.
Once you are done the first round, you have to wipe it clean before your second round or else everything from the first round stays on the sheet and gets transferred to the second round of whatever you are cooking.

Those are my honest opinions.
[OP]
May 13, 2011
5 posts
2 upvotes
Montr
I included the company web site just so readers could checkout the products. The prices are at the stores I mentioned. The BBQ sheet is $14.99 at Canadian Tire, but only $13.19 at IGA here in Quebec.
[OP]
May 13, 2011
5 posts
2 upvotes
Montr
I've tried the BBQ sheet on my Bar b q twice with really good results. I cut the sheet in half so that there would be a space in the middle for fat and grease to go.

I cooked a chicken on it (i cut the chicken down the back and cook it with the "inside" facing down" and BBQed some sausages around the chicken. Everything turned out great and as mentioned in the PROs list, the BBQ grill was spotless afterwards.

I went to a BBQ where they were doing burgers on the sheet and yes, the fat and grease did tent to accumulate around each burger (they were nice and fatty burgers.. yum!), but we just used a spatula to scrape the fat off. The burgers did have a slight BBQ grill lines on them though.

For me, I'm satisfied with the product and enjoy BBQing with it.