• Aug 30th, 2007 6:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 9, 2005
979 posts
6 upvotes

Cool 7 Yr. Old Birthday Party Ideas

My neice is turning 7 and my sister doesn't want to break the bank - any ideas for a cool party - out of home? They live in Toronto.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
80 upvotes
Georgetown
For our oldest's we hired a look-a-like to entertain the kids at home. She sang (karaoke) to them, did their hair and makeup and danced with them. She also signed autographs. This cost us $150, plus pizza (Costco) and cake (DQ). As loot bags I scored on inflatable chairs for $3 a piece at Party Packagers. There were 20 girls invited. You can easily scale this back.

Our other daughter chose paint you own pottery. We budgeted a $15 per child party, had cake and juice for 10 kids.

Another idea is to take a look at Michael's craft ideas and do a craft party. The kids love doing crafts at that age.
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
[OP]
Aug 9, 2005
979 posts
6 upvotes
Very creative ideas, thanks. That's something I would do - not my no-nonesense sister. I think she's thinking about taking them somewhere. They leave on a trip the next day.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2004
1603 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
for crafts and small toys and loot bags check your local dollar store...
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
What about a local farm or equestrian centre for pony rides? We did that and it was a hit. Not too expensive if I recall.
Sep 3, 2005
166 posts
As a kid, we had bowling parties which were always fun.

Other (in the house parties) included getting a clown, a magician, doing a waterpark party in the backyard...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
1409 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
This was the agenda my wife did for our daughter's 7th b-day:

1. A twist on pi