Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: [Coolicool or Bangood] LeEco LETV LE MAX 2 64gb 4gb RAM Dual Sim -$200 USD or cheaper

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2017 8:17 pm
Jul 23, 2014
90 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
My wife has had this phone for half a year. It's been reliable and the software is completely fine after loading the newest stock Indian rom. My only complaints are poor battery life and camera quality. It's an amazing phone for 260cad. You're not going to find a better phone brand new for under 300$
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes
ryanaza wrote: My wife has had this phone for half a year. It's been reliable and the software is completely fine after loading the newest stock Indian rom. My only complaints are poor battery life and camera quality. It's an amazing phone for 260cad. You're not going to find a better phone brand new for under 300$
The Xiaomi Mi5 has better battery life, camera and screen and can be had for less than that on Aliexpress.
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: The Xiaomi Mi5 has better battery life, camera and screen and can be had for less than that on Aliexpress.
kind of a major screen size difference between the two and build quality with le max being metal
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes
xFRUGALITYx wrote: kind of a major screen size difference between the two and build quality with le max being metal
I trust Xiaomi much more than LeTV when it comes to reliability and built quality, they have improved significantly. The Mi5 is an exceptionally well designed device.
Mar 25, 2008
25 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Poutinesauce wrote: I trust Xiaomi much more than LeTV when it comes to reliability and built quality, they have improved significantly. The Mi5 is an exceptionally well designed device.
The Mi5 is usually $50 more expensive, and i don't think it even supports LTE Band 4.
Jun 9, 2008
69 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
For people who have this, what rom do you use? Is there a lot of bloatware with the LeEco EUI rom?
Aug 15, 2012
357 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
I always hear bad things about LeEco phones, but my mom has the Le 2 and she really likes it. Since I sold my new iPhone (long story) I've been considering getting a new phone, and the 6GB RAM, 128GB variant of the Max 2 appeals to me, despite the lack of the headphone jack.

Comes to around $350 CAD from Coolicool with a coupon added (Honey for Chrome found one for me and applied it automatically). With DHL shipping and no insurance, it's $369. With insurance, it's $412. And with flat rate shipping and insurance, it's $383. Not sure what they mean by "Customs Insurance&Shipping Insurance". You pay around $30-$40 on top of customs? Does it guarantee that customs taxes are avoided, or will they refund you if you're hit with customs? I'm confused.

As for build quality, I've heard bad things about the Max 2's fingerprint scanner and screen. But my mom's Le 2 is great--no screen issues (except for that horrendously thick bezel and low ppi) and her fingerprint scanner always works. It hasn't stopped working even once, and my mom is an extremely heavy phone user. She's always running at near-full RAM, with WhatsApp, the FB app, and FB Messenger constantly pinging her phone. She always has like 30 tabs open in Chrome too. And the phone is still super smooth despite eUI.
Jan 4, 2007
24 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, bc
codeJP wrote: For people who have this, what rom do you use? Is there a lot of bloatware with the LeEco EUI rom?
I use stock ROM so I can update easily. It does come with some bloatware which I ignore or don't use.

For people having issues with fingerprint, did you update to latest firmware? I updated to stock 20s and don't have a lot of issues with fingerprint.

I bought mine on aliexpress for 320 cdn$. The 6gb ram, 64gb ROM version. It took about a month with standard shipping and didn't pay any customs.

I upgraded from letv x600. It is much faster than my old phone and support way more bands. I have speakout @ 3g on sim1 and fido 3gb tablet plan on sim2 at 4g LTE.

To the people who ask about dual 4g support, it should support dual 4g, but just not simultaneously. This is what I gather as I have one at 3g and other at 4g.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1328 posts
1337 upvotes
My colleague has this phone, he must charge battery at least 2 times per day.
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
malcom1666 wrote: My colleague has this phone, he must charge battery at least 2 times per day.
Comments like this with no context don't help anyone. Yes I would need to charge my phone several times a day if I watched hours of videos, streamed music, gaming, etc etc, no matter what phone used. Examples help and performance varies greatly per user and apps installed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
xFRUGALITYx wrote: Comments like this with no context don't help anyone. Yes I would need to charge my phone several times a day if I watched hours of videos, streamed music, gaming, etc etc, no matter what phone used. Examples help and performance varies greatly per user and apps installed.
My sister uses her phone a lot during the day, and as a GPS in the car too. Almost never needs to charge it during the day.

Edit: Her phone = Le Max 2
Jan 4, 2007
24 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, bc
rugerty100 wrote: My sister uses her phone a lot during the day, and as a GPS in the car too. Almost never needs to charge it during the day.

Edit: Her phone = Le Max 2
I have the 6gb/64gb version and I don't need to charge it twice a day. Granted, I am not a heavy user as I just use it to read some news, check some emails, and play some pokemon. At the end of the day, I usually still have about 40% charge left. I do however try to optimize for battery life including lowering the screen brightness as it is usually the screen that drains the most battery, esp. a 2k screen. Also, turn off gps when I don't need it. Minimize auto sync and use manual sync. Close apps that drain lots of battery, etc.

If you are still worry about battery life, the phone does charge very quickly. Can usu. get a full charge in an hour maybe. It is supposed to support quick charge 3.0, but the charger I got is only qc 2.0; so can't confirm.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1091 posts
477 upvotes
My wife has this phone - overall she's pretty happy with it - big screen, nice feel/response.

No headphone jack isn't an issue - use BT headphones

Battery is fine for normal usage - charge it maybe once a day and as other users mentioned, quick charge does 60% fairly quickly.

Camera is fine - some color distortion, ie fading but I wouldn't worry about it. Probably more noticeable in the evening.

Finger sensor - works fine but she doesn't rely on it too much

She's using the stock ROM and is so far happy with it.

Having DUAL SIM is a major plus and that's primarily why people get it for.

For a $300 phone, price is hard to beat for the specs on this phone: processor, screen size, memory.
Feb 5, 2007
109 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
want the phone but coolicool reviews are scaring me off this deal. if the phone doesn't come that's an easy refund but most of the issues reported with coolicool are warranty related. i've never had to deal with a warranty issue from chinese sellers before. are the concerns the same with aliexpress, ********...? thanks for your input.
Sep 6, 2011
26 posts
35 upvotes
LA PRAIRIE
kiwoony wrote: http://www.yoshop.com/item/letv-leeco-l ... 80434.html

If you use a Coupon (YSHOT15), you can get it about USD175.
That is the old 32 gb version though...

You can pre-order the new 64 gb version from banggood for 189$ USD using the coupon x829 ...
I trust banggood more than coolicool or yoshop, although it's still a chinese online store with the usual caveats...
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
LazarDobrescu wrote: That is the old 32 gb version though...

You can pre-order the new 64 gb version from banggood for 189$ USD using the coupon x829 ...
I trust banggood more than coolicool or yoshop, although it's still a chinese online store with the usual caveats...
Thx for the banggood link and discount total came to $256.34 CAD best deal by far, went the paypal route. Going to to order this case from aliexpress next I think;
Jul 19, 2015
798 posts
1014 upvotes
London, ON
Link of unboxing video from coolicool
Aug 24, 2013
105 posts
47 upvotes
Ajax
Too bad it only works 3G on Freedom, otherwise I wouldve taken the deal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7736 posts
10770 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Damn, I'd prefer to order from Banggood as well.

Any way to cancel Coolicool preorder?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)