Off Topic

Cop goes home and shoots and kills stranger in her home - woops cop went to wrong unit - now arrested and charged

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:57 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1222 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:01 pm
What bothers me is that people automatically assume that her actions were "racist" simply because she was white and he black, without any supporting evidence.
Oh yeah, because if that person would had been a blonde hair guy with blue eyes wearing a business suit she would have shot him anyways. Its funny how only non blacks think that these police vs black shootings are not racist. I will believe it when a black person tells me that.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4689 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:04 pm
Oh yeah, because if that person would had been a blonde hair guy with blue eyes wearing a business suit she would have shot him anyways. Its funny how only non blacks think that these police vs black shootings are not racist. I will believe it when a black person tells me that.
I didn't say it was or wasn't due to racism. Rather, I said that we cannot automatically assume it was caused by racism solely because he was black and she was white.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22884 posts
2701 upvotes
Montreal
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 12:32 pm
Amber Guyger is found guilty of murder

POS was found Guilty. Good.
Ohh man. All the dirty laundry came out:
Guyger was distracted that night, prosecutors argued, texting with her married police partner, with whom she had sexual relations.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2413 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Good and all the mental gymnastics posters can eat crow. She murdered an innocent black man in his own home.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2956 posts
1463 upvotes
Burlington
maddawg wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 1:12 pm
Good and all the mental gymnastics posters can eat crow. She murdered an innocent black man in his own home.
I can't imagine what level of cognitive dissonance anyone would need to have to defend this idiot.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17573 posts
2872 upvotes
Toronto
In uniform but off duty following a daylong shift, Guyger testified last week that she wanted to "find the threat" after hearing movement in her apartment. That's when she saw a silhouette and and demanded to see his hands, she said. The person started approaching in a "fast-paced walk," she added, and she fired two shots at what she believed to be an intruder.
Firing at an unidentified target in the dark. Real professional. She should have gone to jail and lost her job for that alone before facing punishment for the murder. The entire legal system seems to have pulled a full court press to defend her at every chance though, even to the point the judge had people harassing her family after the verdict was announced.
Texas Ranger David Armstrong, the lead investigator of the case, said in court last week -- while the jury was not in the room -- that he believed Guyger's actions were reasonable and that she did not commit murder, nor manslaughter or criminally negligent manslaughter. Despite multiple attempts by the defense team to have Armstrong offer his opinion before the jury, the judge would not allow it.
This guy needs to be fired. Or he needs to suffer the same fate Jean did when he's in someone's apartment legally and the resident decides to go castle doctrine on him before he even gets a chance to speak.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2642 posts
1442 upvotes
Kitchener
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 1:14 pm
I can't imagine what level of cognitive dissonance anyone would need to have to defend this idiot.
Oh, but there will be some, who will spin it that she was a victim of her own circumstances.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
17113 posts
682 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Dpack22 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 12:32 pm
Amber Guyger is found guilty of murder

POS was found Guilty. Good.
And the jury only deliberated for less than 24 hours! There may be hope for Texas, after all.

Then again...
Texas Ranger David Armstrong, the lead investigator of the case, said in court last week -- while the jury was not in the room -- that he believed Guyger's actions were reasonable and that she did not commit murder, nor manslaughter or criminally negligent manslaughter.
It looks like the Texas Rangers have very little to do with Chuck Norris, and more to do with being a legalized pro-racist militia group. Sad!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2036 posts
675 upvotes
Winnipeg
She deserves the charge IMO. But having said that, after all it was a smartphone !!! :facepalm:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Jul 5, 2004
23828 posts
3391 upvotes
maddawg wrote:
It really shouldn't matter that he was black, although sadly it does.

I hope the verdict and outrage would have been the same of it was an Asian or white man.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4689 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
maddawg wrote:
Who are the "mental gymnastics posters"? What some people were saying was that it was possible there was a legal explanation for it. The case went to court, as it should have, and she was found guilty.

If someone says "let's wait for the facts to come out" and the person is later found guilty by the courts, that doesn't mean that they were wrong not to jump to conclusions.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6940 posts
2154 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 1:22 pm
Firing at an unidentified target in the dark. Real professional. She should have gone to jail and lost her job for that alone before facing punishment for the murder. The entire legal system seems to have pulled a full court press to defend her at every chance though, even to the point the judge had people harassing her family after the verdict was announced.

This guy needs to be fired. Or he needs to suffer the same fate Jean did when he's in someone's apartment legally and the resident decides to go castle doctrine on him before he even gets a chance to speak.
According to the actual gun shot trajectory, the fast paced walk story is a lie.
Prosecutor Jason Hermus told jurors that the trajectory of the bullet suggests Jean was getting up from a chair when Guyger fired, or he was on his knees, trying to hide from her. Experts have been unable to determine Jean's exact position when he was shot.

One bullet struck and killed Jean. A medical examiner testified the bullet entered just above Jean's upper left nipple and traveled downward, damaging his heart and several other major organs before landing in his psoas muscle.
She is getting what she deserves.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2413 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Oct 1st, 2019 5:05 pm
Who are the "mental gymnastics posters"? What some people were saying was that it was possible there was a legal explanation for it. The case went to court, as it should have, and she was found guilty.

If someone says "let's wait for the facts to come out" and the person is later found guilty by the courts, that doesn't mean that they were wrong not to jump to conclusions.
Blah blah blah....your post is the perfect example of mental gymnastics. The murderer will spend the rest of her life in jail. All those lies not save her. Sorry what legal explanation for killing a man in his own freaking home. I'm surprised you cared about facts. That's a new one around here. RIP Mr Jean..life cut down for no reason.