Off Topic

Cop goes home and shoots and kills stranger in her home - woops cop went to wrong unit - now arrested and charged

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2019 4:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3915 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 5:57 pm
That's what happens when ppl can't sympathize and put themselves in other ppl's shoes. The woman shouldn't have been fired but should've handled it w/ kid gloves because the target is obviously very sensitive to these types of prejudicial checks (regardless if she herself had no ill-intent), and the guy shouldn't have over-reacted either.
What bothers me is that people automatically assume that her actions were "racist" simply because she was white and he black, without any supporting evidence.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10092 posts
1896 upvotes
Montréal
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:01 pm
What bothers me is that people automatically assume that her actions were "racist" simply because she was white and he black, without any supporting evidence.
Ya, that's why one has to proceed w extreme caution. Touchy subject.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5740 posts
1314 upvotes
Mississauga
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Exactly this!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9089 posts
2058 upvotes
Trump University
She's back! Doesn't look too happy

You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Dec 15, 2017
765 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Oh yeah, because if that person would had been a blonde hair guy with blue eyes wearing a business suit she would have shot him anyways. Its funny how only non blacks think that these police vs black shootings are not racist. I will believe it when a black person tells me that.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3915 posts
414 upvotes
Ottawa
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:04 pm
Oh yeah, because if that person would had been a blonde hair guy with blue eyes wearing a business suit she would have shot him anyways. Its funny how only non blacks think that these police vs black shootings are not racist. I will believe it when a black person tells me that.
I didn't say it was or wasn't due to racism. Rather, I said that we cannot automatically assume it was caused by racism solely because he was black and she was white.