Price:
$25
Savings:
$10 Back
Retailer:
Cora
More offers from Cora
Hello, this is my first post on RFD! :)

I would like to share that Cora's is having a special deal on their Gift cards again! I was informed directly through promotional email less than an hour ago.

If you buy $25, you will receive a $10 promo card (Valid from January 3 to March 31, 2018). There is expiry date to when this deal would end but it mentions that "quantities are limited". Attached below is the email I received.

Cheers!
Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.33.42 PM.png
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1574 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
dp1992 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:43 pm
Hello, this is my first post on RFD! :)

I would like to share that Cora's is having a special deal on their Gift cards again! I was informed directly through promotional email less than an hour ago.

If you buy $25, you will receive a $10 promo card (Valid from January 3 to March 31, 2018). There is expiry date to when this deal would end but it mentions that "quantities are limited". Attached below is the email I received.

Cheers!Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 3.33.42 PM.png
What are the terms of the promo card? Sounds like it is a coupon with one time use instead of being a real gift card.
Last edited by deal_king on Dec 7th, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Dec 17, 2014
212 posts
113 upvotes
deal_king wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:44 am
What are the terms of the promo card? Sounds like it expires instead of being a real gift card.
Good post OP. Terms are clearly there, and that's not a bad redemption window. I'm usually turned off by expiring 'promo' offers, but they have cool-looking cut fruit.
Jun 23, 2016
109 posts
40 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
^Agreed. If there's a chance you'll be visiting in the new year, this is decent value. Similar offers are often only a $5 return, and presumably, you could use both the GC and promo card in the same visit.
Nov 26, 2003
741 posts
83 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres
The $10 promo card you received as a bonus is valid from January 3 to March 31, 2018,

The $25 gift card has no expiration. I bought 10 for $250, so I must spend the $100 between January 3 and March 31. You can pay with more that one card, so assuming you eat for $25 + tax + tip, you can use 3 x $10.

Very good promo, I buy some cards each year.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1574 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
I'd be curious to see if what the actual terms and restrictions are for the gift cards and the promo cards. If you buy $250 of gift cards, you get $100 of promo cards. Can't you just go to the resto and buy a $100 gift card with 10 promo cards? That way they won't expire.

There is something fishy about these promo cards. I really don't think they are regular gift cards, because gift cards are not allowed to expire in Quebec. They must be one-time use promo cards that have no running balance--- and if you use it to buy something for $2, you will get $8 back in money.

Can someone confirm?
[OP]
Nov 27, 2017
7 posts
15 upvotes
deal_king wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:41 am
I'd be curious to see if what the actual terms and restrictions are for the gift cards and the promo cards. If you buy $250 of gift cards, you get $100 of promo cards. Can't you just go to the resto and buy a $100 gift card with 10 promo cards? That way they won't expire.

There is something fishy about these promo cards. I really don't think they are regular gift cards, because gift cards are not allowed to expire in Quebec. They must be one-time use promo cards that have no running balance--- and if you use it to buy something for $2, you will get $8 back in money.

Can someone confirm?
Hey @deal_king

Just to clarify because I've gotten this deal last year, they are 1 time use( $10 off) promo cards. You must use the full value of the promo card ($10) in one sitting, then pay the remaining value on your gift card or regular payment method.

These "promo cards" are not gift cards, I would think of them more like a "$10 off coupon or voucher" that you must use from January 3 to March 31st. You may not use the promo cards to purchase more gift cards nor do they carry forward in value, if you do not use up the $10.

But in all honesty, the probability of you not using up the whole $10 promo in one sitting is very unlikely because of the pricing structure.

Lastly, if the following RFD'ers don't know already @canuckistanian44 @noxlen @WildThing .. You could stack this deal with a free drink deal that you can get from the Cora's mobile app (android & iOS). In the app, under the promo tab.. you will usually find a free drink code that you can get. It is one free drink per bill so split your bills accordingly. Right now they have some weird advent calendar thing, but I would check it out before going to Cora's after the New Year's! They usually have a different free drink promo all year long. (Smoothies, mocha's, coffee, etc.. Better than nothing right?)

Cheers!
Sep 15, 2016
86 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks op. My daughter and her bf love this restaurant. I was unsure what to buy her bf for Christmas but this is perfect.
Sep 3, 2006
136 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal
Am I limited to 1 promo GC per person?

If my meal costs 21$, can I use 2 x 10$ promo GC to pay my meal or is it restricted by the conditions written on the card itself?
Nov 12, 2015
533 posts
693 upvotes
dp1992 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:56 pm
Hey @deal_king

Just to clarify because I've gotten this deal last year, they are 1 time use( $10 off) promo cards. You must use the full value of the promo card ($10) in one sitting, then pay the remaining value on your gift card or regular payment method.

These "promo cards" are not gift cards, I would think of them more like a "$10 off coupon or voucher" that you must use from January 3 to March 31st. You may not use the promo cards to purchase more gift cards nor do they carry forward in value, if you do not use up the $10.

But in all honesty, the probability of you not using up the whole $10 promo in one sitting is very unlikely because of the pricing structure.

Lastly, if the following RFD'ers don't know already @canuckistanian44 @noxlen @WildThing .. You could stack this deal with a free drink deal that you can get from the Cora's mobile app (android & iOS). In the app, under the promo tab.. you will usually find a free drink code that you can get. It is one free drink per bill so split your bills accordingly. Right now they have some weird advent calendar thing, but I would check it out before going to Cora's after the New Year's! They usually have a different free drink promo all year long. (Smoothies, mocha's, coffee, etc.. Better than nothing right?)

Cheers!
Thank you for all the info, one question though. If it was 10$ off promo thing, would you still be able to use 2 or 3 10$ off at the same sitting, like on a bill of around 35$?

Btw in the app, I click on promos, and it says to go to their facebook page for promos!!
[OP]
Nov 27, 2017
7 posts
15 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:15 am
Thank you for all the info, one question though. If it was 10$ off promo thing, would you still be able to use 2 or 3 10$ off at the same sitting, like on a bill of around 35$?

Btw in the app, I click on promos, and it says to go to their facebook page for promos!!
I believe you could only use one $10 promo per bill so I would just ask for separate bills to take advantage of multiple discounts.

As for the app, I know they redirect you to their Facebook page now because they have some advent calendar campaign going on but they should have free drink promo once January comes around. It doesn't hurt to check then!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1574 posts
703 upvotes
Montreal
dp1992 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:54 am
I believe you could only use one $10 promo per bill so I would just ask for separate bills to take advantage of multiple discounts.

As for the app, I know they redirect you to their Facebook page now because they have some advent calendar campaign going on but they should have free drink promo once January comes around. It doesn't hurt to check then!
Thanks for the info. Can you possibly post the exact wording of the terms of the promo card? Are they written on the back?
Apr 8, 2005
786 posts
418 upvotes
deal_king wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 10:46 am
Thanks for the info. Can you possibly post the exact wording of the terms of the promo card? Are they written on the back?
Stop giving the OP a hard time. The terms of this deal are crystal clear whether you are in Quebec or not: "If you buy $25, you will receive a $10 promo card (Valid from January 3 to March 31, 2018)"
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4078 posts
579 upvotes
Where do you buy these? At the restaurant only?
Dec 25, 2004
89 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
So you just go to their locations and buy the gift card and receive the promotion card at the same time?