• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2014 2:11 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 19, 2011
17 posts
1 upvote

Corded phones

Can anybody recommend good corded phone for everyday use?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
I have a bunch of refurbished northern telecom phones that outlasted the company. They work perfectly still. Not sure if new cord phones are still sold anymore.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
The best corded phones are now found at your local thrift stores for under $10 !
The new corded phones on the market today are just utter garbage that cost a bundle on top of that.

Do not be fooled with refurbished Nortel phones you find at local pharmacies, dollar and electronic stores. The plastic used is not the same as the original Nortel phones.

Look for mid 80's to late 90's Nortel/ Northern Telecom phones like:

1. Priority LE
2. Jazz II
3. Harmony
4. Vista 100, 150, 250, 350

If you want to but them new, then buy Astra(the new Nortel brand) phones that you can purchase at any Bell TeleBoutique.
http://www.aastra.ca/products-desk-phones.htm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
soccerboy wrote: Here is a list of corded phones, op

Depending on your budget, I suggest getting the $80 one
Nice! Amazing that the source still carries so much 1990s product.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Actually these kinds are great for business. Great for holding against your ear and shoulder while two handed typing. I could never imagine using a tiny cordless or cell as my main work phone.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
DiceMan wrote: Actually these kinds are great for business. Great for holding against your ear and shoulder while two handed typing. I could never imagine using a tiny cordless or cell as my main work phone.
Yeah, heck, I think mine was designed that way. It has traction rubber lines on the back of the headset just so it won't slip while on the phone.
I don't even notice anymore that I have a phone squeezed between my head and shoulder (see what I did there? Product placement!)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)