None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2309 posts
352 upvotes

Corporate Tax Return (T2)

Hello,

Does anyone know of any free or cheap software to do a corporate tax return (T2)? (a la Studio Tax for individuals)

Thanks.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2809 posts
922 upvotes
Newmarket
I have used doctor tax, needed to do one return and this seem the least expensive.

I am used to taxprep so using this was a bit annoying, and the tech support while easily available and quick to call back wasn't well educated imo.
Mar 25, 2012
39 posts
3 upvotes
Ajax
Homerhomer wrote:
May 3rd, 2012 7:24 pm
I have used doctor tax, needed to do one return and this seem the least expensive.

I am used to taxprep so using this was a bit annoying, and the tech support while easily available and quick to call back wasn't well educated imo.
Cheapest I have seen is Future tax and it is around $60 for one return or $99 for five returns. But it is a ok software but not the top of the line like Taxprep. If you know what you are doing you will be ok with future tax.
Jul 10, 2005
756 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
You can still use Profile for a single return. Their trial version is free but the calculation is complete.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10893 posts
2220 upvotes
Kingston
dani_toronto wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2014 12:00 pm
You can still use Profile for a single return. Their trial version is free but the calculation is complete.
Can you explain further? Usually with Trial Versions you can't print or netfile. Do you mean you can download it, use it for calculations then copy the results to paper forms?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10893 posts
2220 upvotes
Kingston
flexgrip wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2014 10:20 am
The 2 I tried out this year were T2Express which I think is the cheapest at $40 and FutureTax which was $60. FutureTax seemed simpler to use so I purchased that one. For $60 it does the job and I was quite happy with it. It was the first time I ever did a T2 and was able to do it without any problems.
Thanks for the feedback on those 2. I used TaxTron for free last year but they have now put a $100 price on it.

Found ths review of FutureTax: https://alistofsmallthings.wordpress.co ... t2-review/

Have to decide whether to go with Futuretax, expresstax or paper.
Jul 10, 2005
756 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
JWL wrote:
Jan 4th, 2015 11:58 am
Can you explain further? Usually with Trial Versions you can't print or netfile. Do you mean you can download it, use it for calculations then copy the results to paper forms?
You can print the whole report. It will say "Draft" across the page. Just copy it to paper forms.
Aug 19, 2011
255 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
I've used TaxTron and T2Express, didn't have a problem with either but the software is certainly a few steps behind some of the more notable companies.