• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 7:31 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes

Corrosion Free , which package?

Hi,

I know Mazda 3 rust quite easily but I got a 2010 Model made in Japan and red the issue has been corrected from that year.

For precaution, I was wondering which Corrosion Free package should I get? I'm able to do the doors with a Rust Cure Formula 3000 can from Canadian Tire but can't do the undercarriage. They have 3 plans where I'm going : 70$, 100$ and 140$ (Link to details pic). The middle package is a waste of money, they apply a layer at the bottom of the door (not inside) and under the hood. I can do myself easily with a can with in 5 minutes. I can do many of the top package but fender braces and rocker panels might be hard to reach with a can.

I'm a bit late this year but I just bought that car. There is a electronic rust protector installed on it but as far as I know, It is proven to be mostly a gadget.

Which package would you go for?
Tks
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2165 posts
250 upvotes
Ancaster
I went with the Complete Coverage package (most pricey).

That price you got is good. I paid $170 and I've gotten quote up to $200....mind you it was for a pickup truck.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16328 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
I didn't know there was a package to choose from.

I got it done at Robinson Automotive, paid $170 plus HST. Not sure if I'll go back, end it or continue going every other year.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jun 2, 2017
27 posts
5 upvotes
Hi All, anyone have any feedback/experience from any of these corrosion free dealers?

Markham:
EE Auto Detailing Inc.
50 Bullock Drive
Markham, On
L3P 1W2

Scarborough/East York:
Auto Connection
824 Danforth Road
Toronto, ON
M1K 1H5
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
you should just do it yourself since corrosion free is not going to honor any warranty if your car starts rusting.
all you guys are so brainwashed in the warranty that is useless when it comes time to claim.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16328 posts
1081 upvotes
Woodbridge
My first, bought every package dealership offered. LOL

I still can't believe I paid them, $90 to debadge it. That's how lazy I was, I didn't get into any DIY until my next purchase and joined ClubRSX.

I can't remember what Frost Pontiac offered but when I tried claiming, I was denied because I didn't use their products? I can't remember the situation but it didn't make any difference as it was a POS lemon and I was ready to trade it in. Not even two years, I think it was the clear coat.

Lesson learned. Unless the dealership includes it, I don't bother. My two current daily drivers, it's the first time I paid for rust protection hence why I questioned about going back.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Nov 28, 2013
976 posts
276 upvotes
London, ON
nomdesplumes wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:44 pm
you should just do it yourself since corrosion free is not going to honor any warranty if your car starts rusting.
all you guys are so brainwashed in the warranty that is useless when it comes time to claim.
This is exactly right. on my one car rust start showing up where it was sprayed, all corrosion free wanted to do is offer me some "spray bottles" to keep spraying the spots myself

the warranty is useless.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
sk1001 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:15 am
This is exactly right. on my one car rust start showing up where it was sprayed, all corrosion free wanted to do is offer me some "spray bottles" to keep spraying the spots myself

the warranty is useless.
what made you choose CF? Must have been the RFD crowd here.
May 17, 2012
862 posts
331 upvotes
grand valley
nomdesplumes wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:44 pm
what would you suggest if someone doesnt have access to a lift and/or doesnt want to do it themselves.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3663 posts
440 upvotes
MONTR
esoxhntr wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:03 pm
what would you suggest if someone doesnt have access to a lift and/or doesnt want to do it themselves.
go with krown?
[OP]
May 30, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
nomdesplumes wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 6:57 pm
what made you choose CF? Must have been the RFD crowd here.
Not really. What else then CF?
Krown? I'm not interested in leaking oil and worrying that doors seals might get damaged. That's just me.
Do it myself? Well not this year. I don't access have access to a lift to do the undercarriage.
Why do I need it? I just bought Mazda and I don't trust it.. simple as that!

I went finally for the top Corrosion Free package. Next year, I will have a house and a garage and do it myself.
[OP]
May 30, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 7:03 pm
You can do it at a DIY garage if you can find one. But they might not allow this. I did once but the owner did not like it and ask me not to make a mess. That is the beauty of Corrosion Free (Rust Cure Formula 3000 at Canadian Tire) since it is easy to clean. I can't image myself using Krown at home.