Expired Hot Deals

Corsair CH-9101021-NA Gaming K70 Lux Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit Red Led, Cherry MX Blue

22 replies
Jul 23, 2008
721 posts
133 upvotes
KIRKLAND
Blue is a deal breaker.

I picked up the Rapidfire switch k70 last week in store, it was 139.99
Sep 15, 2004
157 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I'm already finding the Cherry MX brown fairly loud, I can't imagine what the blues sound like!
Sep 28, 2013
331 posts
268 upvotes
BRANTFORD
LondonAwaits wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:25 am
I'm already finding the Cherry MX brown fairly loud, I can't imagine what the blues sound like!
I thought all mechanical keyboards were loud? If there's one that's quiet I'd love to know. I love my mechanical but it's loud as hell lol.
Jun 12, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
I have the one with brown keys. However, blues aren't bad for using at home. For work, I would not recommend as it can be annoying for people around you.
Sep 15, 2004
157 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
lemmiwinks123 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:47 am
I thought all mechanical keyboards were loud? If there's one that's quiet I'd love to know. I love my mechanical but it's loud as hell lol.
Apparently the Blues are much more clicky than the Brown which are more subdued. I haven't tried Blue yet
[OP]
Sep 9, 2014
280 posts
139 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rushrush wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:54 am
I have the one with brown keys. However, blues aren't bad for using at home. For work, I would not recommend as it can be annoying for people around you.
It's that loud? damn... I was thinking about buying this for work lol. Thanks for the heads up...
Jul 23, 2008
721 posts
133 upvotes
KIRKLAND
ericli007 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:01 am
It's that loud? damn... I was thinking about buying this for work lol. Thanks for the heads up...
Black is quiet, red quiet, brown clicky, blue noisy clicky.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10740 posts
1747 upvotes
Ottawa
Blue is definitely too noisy for work environments. I’m not a great gamer but I found blue fine for gaming.

I love typing on clicky keyboards. Brown is a good mix for both general and gaming use
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Jan 19, 2008
702 posts
110 upvotes
Pierrefonds
I managed to pick up a Logitech g710+ for $35 a couple weeks ago from best buy. It came with brown switches. I actually find they're pretty tolerable as far as noise is concerned, in fact I thought they'd be louder.
Mar 19, 2017
30 posts
9 upvotes
I love using the blue one for gaming. However, if you use it for work it is probably too loud. I love the sound whenever i am typing on the keyboards:)
Feb 4, 2007
224 posts
63 upvotes
Some key switch types purposely have a clicking mechanism built into them, and this is the stereotypical "mechanical" sound that you've properly heard of.

The Blue and Green (heavier blue) include this clicking mechanism, and go up and down with a slight bump added resistance halfway down (gives you some tactile feedback of when the switch is activating.)
The Black and Red have no extra sound, and go up and down without any added resistance.
The Brown have no extra sound, and go up and down with a slight resistance (see above re: blue/green).

A lot of people will say any mechanical keyboard is "loud" compared to your typical membrane keyboard, and this is usually because the keyboard itself is built out of metal and when your key depresses completely the sound of it bottoming out on the keyboard is louder on metal than it is on the plastic membrane keyboards. You can of course control this by being softer on your keys, or buying "o-rings" that go on the key itself to act as a bumper.
Nov 26, 2004
416 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Mysticode wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:12 pm
You can of course control this by being softer on your keys, or buying "o-rings" that go on the key itself to act as a bumper.
This. On browns the sound you hear is the keycap hitting the board. Put rubber o-rings on your keys. They're like $5 for an entire set from Amazon. I tried both the red and clear o-rings, red is softer but clear is better if you have a lighted keyboard.

+++ath0
NO CARRIER