Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] COSTCO: $0.12 prints when using online next day pickup!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2006 6:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4235 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary

[Costco] COSTCO: $0.12 prints when using online next day pickup!

I was just at costco and they have 4x6's for $0.12 each when you order online before April 2nd.

Http://www.costco.ca

EDIT: someone just posted the following to sweet'n the deal.
esal wrote:I was at Costco earlier today to pick-up my online order. There were flyers that says 20 free prints when you sign-up at Costco's online photo service. Even though I've already signed up last month, the Costco rep didn't charge me for the 20 prints of my order (I just showed her the flyer) :)
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8025 posts
248 upvotes
crxmugen wrote:good, much cheaper than FS
But same as photolab.ca
And you need membership. I'm gonna try out photolab this time. Costco gave me good quality, but loblwas is right outside my house.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
1675 posts
31 upvotes
Thanks OP ... I'll be ordering some shortly.
Mar 2, 2006
491 posts
9 upvotes
I was at Costco earlier today to pick-up my online order. There were flyers that says 20 free prints when you sign-up at Costco's online photo service. Even though I've already signed up last month, the Costco rep didn't charge me for the 20 prints of my order (I just showed her the flyer) :)
Aug 12, 2004
202 posts
2 upvotes
Lloydminster
Can anyone compare the photo quality from the different stores?

ie Futureshop, Bestbuy, Photolab, Costco, Blacks, [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=352]Shutterfly[/rfdlink]

I got some [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=352]Shutterfly[/rfdlink] printed back when there was free prints...they turned out great...but have not got any of the others...

any comparisons available?

would be great
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4235 posts
118 upvotes
Calgary
the only prints i have to compare are walmart, london drugs and costco and i found costco was far superior, also you can download thier printer profile so you can see exactly what your print will look like (provided your monitor is preoprly calibrated)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2002
1960 posts
147 upvotes
Victoria
I've had prints done from FS, Photo Lab and Costco. So far, I think the Costco ones have turned out the best. But it also depends on your camera/picture resolution too.
Mar 26, 2005
449 posts
179 upvotes
nameht wrote:Can anyone compare the photo quality from the different stores?

ie Futureshop, Bestbuy, Photolab, Costco, Blacks, [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=352]Shutterfly[/rfdlink]

I got some [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=352]Shutterfly[/rfdlink] printed back when there was free prints...they turned out great...but have not got any of the others...

any comparisons available?

would be great
I got some prints from best buy, and they were the worst quality I have ever seen. I will not order from them again. It's like you were looking at the photos through grey sunglasses. The colour is terrible.
Feb 2, 2004
323 posts
18 upvotes
Of the places I've tried, here's how I would rate them, The top one is the best :

London Drugs
Costco
Wallmart and Superstore similar quality
Bestbuy (by far the worse)

All companies had photo's that were pretty good, but the Best Buy photo's were just so horrible, I had them printed again at costco and difference was day and night.
Jun 15, 2005
63 posts
I have once printed my pictures at PhotoLab because of their "$0.24/print with buy 1 get 1 free" (works out to $0.12/print, limit to 50 prints) promotions. I found the colors of my print to be a bit dull and dark. I end up taking those exact same digital pictures to Costco and got much better results there.
May 4, 2004
369 posts
46 upvotes
esal wrote:I was at Costco earlier today to pick-up my online order. There were flyers that says 20 free prints when you sign-up at Costco's online photo service. Even though I've already signed up last month, the Costco rep didn't charge me for the 20 prints of my order (I just showed her the flyer) :)
Where can I find the flyers for this deals? Got nothing from the costco.ca.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2005
1591 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks for the tip on costco. Just uploaded 76 images for printing. Will let you know how they turn out and if they offer us the 20 free prints.

My one complaint would be it was sort of a pain to upload them all.. can select up to 12 images to upload at once - an it was pretty slow at about 115kb/s

Any better mthods for accomplishing this task? I use picasa for photo management and noticed it had a costco option for under 'order prints', but only when "US" was selected as a location.
Feb 10, 2004
20 posts
This is likely only a Hot Deal if you already have a Costco membership.

Aside from that - the Costco prints are fabulous.

I've had prints (all taken with same settings on the same camera) done at Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs and Costco. Costco has produced (by far) the best quality prints.

The online uploading/submission system could use some improvements - as the poster above mentioned the 12 image limit per submit is a royal pain.

As long as there is no huge price increase after their "introductory period" I will be doing all of my photo printing at Costco.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1711 posts
12 upvotes
Central Ontario
hoosierdaddy wrote:As long as there is no huge price increase after their "introductory period" I will be doing all of my photo printing at Costco.
What "introductory period"? Regular price in the GTA is $0.18 for 1 hour prints. Are you getting them cheaper as a new member?
× < >