Hot Deals

[Costco] $1399 Vizio Smart 4K M65-E0 (2017 model)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 12:05 pm
Feb 19, 2017
107 posts
41 upvotes
Desna99 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 4:12 pm
I bought the 2016 model m65-d0 last Black Friday for 1599$ from Costco. Love that it came with a tablet.
This might confuse others since 2017 model does NOT come with a tablet. Vizio seems to be trying to increase the difference between M/P series this year so 2 notable cuts are the tablet and the dimming zones (drop to 32 vs 64 last year). Tho they did upgrade elsewhere so overall the 2017 model is probably still better than 2016 (unless you're using it in a very bright room).
Nov 6, 2005
115 posts
9 upvotes
S0lidus wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:09 pm
You know you can get an external digital tuner box for $30 right? You'll still be way ahead ($$$) of buying an equivalent TV from another manufacturer.
where can I get a tuner for 30? link please.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1739 posts
638 upvotes
bogolisk wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 8:23 am

The P-series are called poor-man's OLED. No one's ever tried to compare the M-series to OLED.
MercadorHG wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 5:23 pm
I wouldn't compare the P series with OLED either.
You wouldn't but the editor of AVSforum did:
I think the P series and the Q9F are visually very close. Not sure there's an "edge" to give. Factor in price and there's no competition, P series is a slam-dunk. For the price, wow.

It's my hope I can have the two TVs (P series, Q9F) in my studio at the same time. Vizio had an OLED next to the P series and it's just amazing how well it can keep up with an emissive display.
I think he knows a thing or two about TV... oh and he's also a big Samsung fan...

Samsung TVs are UHD certified (Vizio TVs are not) and very bright, but for many materials, you got this look: (a Vizio on the lef, a Samsung on the right)
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Dec 31, 2016
8 posts
4 upvotes
albogino wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 12:22 am
I second this. Can anyone of you that bought this tv give it a try please? Try any mp4 (x264) or mkv please from a USB or external HDD and post back? Thanks :)
It can play .mkv files but you have to change the file extension to .mp4 or it won't read it through USB
Jun 11, 2004
164 posts
38 upvotes
St. Catharines
Not sure if this was already posted somewhere but I got the Smart Apps update to my M65-e0 last night and now have Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, Pluto and a shortcut to USB. I tested Netflix and it's working in 4K/UHD and some titles (not many) support Dolby Vision for HDR. I'm not part of any Beta program and just got the set a couple weeks ago.
Vizio Smart Apps.jpg
Dec 24, 2009
430 posts
94 upvotes
Quebec City
bogolisk wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 12:14 pm
You wouldn't but the editor of AVSforum did: I think he knows a thing or two about TV... oh and he's also a big Samsung fan...

Samsung TVs are UHD certified (Vizio TVs are not) and very bright, but for many materials, you got this look: (a Vizio on the lef, a Samsung on the right)
Good to know. Still too expensive for me...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1058 posts
489 upvotes
Pallet Town
FYI looks like the price is now $1399.99 at the warehouses. If you're within 30 days and still have the receipt, go and get your price adjustments!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1212 posts
95 upvotes
Richmond
Hawk25 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:48 am
FYI looks like the price is now $1399.99 at the warehouses. If you're within 30 days and still have the receipt, go and get your price adjustments!
Which location? I will head to my Costco today to check as well

Edit: I checked online and see the $100 off...so probably Canada wide sale
Jul 5, 2017
15 posts
4 upvotes
funinagg wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:37 pm
thanks. will try to make the trip south. hate how costco wont answer phone calls and wont hold it for me. dont want to waste an hour in my big SUV.
also not fair that only few costco get some items. while we all pay same membership fee.
You know Costco membership has its own perks. Hence, you have the membership? so i think its fair to assume Costco does what's best it can to bring its customers products at a reasonable cost with 90 day return in mind with 2 year warranty?? i'm sure you all about balance
Jun 11, 2004
164 posts
38 upvotes
St. Catharines
Hawk25 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 10:48 am
Thanks! Just purchased mine a couple weeks ago and have been watching/waiting for a price drop/sale.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3391 posts
434 upvotes
Windsor
So with the price drop - is this the best TV in this price range? Any feedback from those that have bought recently? With all the P-Series and OLED discussions, it's hard to gauge a consensus....
Dec 15, 2015
3 posts
Toronto, ON
Jon2000 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 8:55 am
Not sure if this was already posted somewhere but I got the Smart Apps update to my M65-e0 last night and now have Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Crackle, Pluto and a shortcut to USB. I tested Netflix and it's working in 4K/UHD and some titles (not many) support Dolby Vision for HDR. I'm not part of any Beta program and just got the set a couple weeks ago.

Vizio Smart Apps.jpg
Does this mean it's no longer smartcast off your phone/tablet?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4705 posts
597 upvotes
G77 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 4:26 pm
So with the price drop - is this the best TV in this price range? Any feedback from those that have bought recently? With all the P-Series and OLED discussions, it's hard to gauge a consensus....
Its probably the best "budget" TV on the market in Canada right now (the TCL P probably has the edge but its only available in the US).

If you want to spend a bit more you can get the P Series or the Sony X900E (both offer a better picture, the former offers better local dimming and the latter is brighter and offers better HDR) and if you want the best TV on the Market stick with the LG OLEDS.

I picked this up to tie me over till OLEDS get cheaper and the new HDMI Spec gets sorted out.

The picture quality is great, it gets quite bright IMO and the local dimming offers black levels that are actually better then the plasma I replaced it with.

I have a few complaints
re that it has only 1 HDMI 2.0 port (meaning only one of the five HDMI ports can properly handle a 4K/60FPS format) and with the local dimming active there is quite a bit of bloom when you have white on black (ie the text at the beginning of the film, or a loading bubble in the bottom right) however I've yet to notice this outside of game loading screens and title screens during shows/movies. Also due to a lack of backlight (32 compared to 128 on the p series) occasionally you can see them flickering on and off, mostly when I'm navigating menus on my Xbox though.

Overall for the price its a great set, but Im still on the fence whether I want to exchange this for the P series as Im wondering if that will at least in some part remedy some of the complaints listed above but since I mostly only notice this navigating the xbox dashboard and during loading screens/opening scenes Im not sure if its worth the extra 700$ to fork over for the P series.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3391 posts
434 upvotes
Windsor
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 4:41 pm

I have a few complaints
re that it has only 1 HDMI 2.0 port (meaning only one of the five HDMI ports can properly handle a 4K/60FPS format)
Hmm, that's kind of annoying - I already have a PS4 Pro and will likely add more 4k devices over time.... Is there HDMI 2.0 switches that would solve the problem (albeit still a little annoying).

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Soty613, KSYC