Hot Deals

[Costco] $1399 Vizio Smart 4K M65-E0 (2017 model)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 12:05 pm
Apr 18, 2008
912 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 5:11 pm
Na, You can get something like this: 3 Port Switch

Its a bit annoying, but it'll work. I plan on going the receiver route personally.
Just to be sure: "Support UHD 3840x 2160p @ 60HZ, 3D, and 12-bit deep colour" means it fully support HDR? It fully supports switching between Xbox One S (4k Blu-Ray HDR) and PS4 Pro (4K HDR gaming, 4K HDR video streaming) for example? Thanks.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Aug 31, 2008
466 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
i didnt get a firmware update until last night. is it a staggered rollout??? i wud prefer to use apps on tv than cast frm phone or tablet.

Update: got the new firmware and it serves the purpose for me as we mostly watch live tv or dvr/pvr or netlfix. now only issues are viewing angle (sit no more than one seat from middle) and reflections (get dark curtains for sunny days). will calibrate when i find time but seems a keeper.
Last edited by funinagg on Aug 2nd, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3413 posts
547 upvotes
Reading this thread made me realize two things:

a) I have no idea what type of HDMI cables i have
b) Apparently people like the tablet remote. I have one from my P-series and it just collects dust.

Yay technology.
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4705 posts
597 upvotes
ssiu wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:00 pm
Just to be sure: "Support UHD 3840x 2160p @ 60HZ, 3D, and 12-bit deep colour" means it fully support HDR? It fully supports switching between Xbox One S (4k Blu-Ray HDR) and PS4 Pro (4K HDR gaming, 4K HDR video streaming) for example? Thanks.
It looks like it, it says its HDMI v2.0 in the description which would transmits HDR.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17268 posts
3622 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
goat wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 5:30 pm
Reading this thread made me realize two things:

a) I have no idea what type of HDMI cables i have
b) Apparently people like the tablet remote. I have one from my P-series and it just collects dust.

Yay technology.
The genius ideas of a garbage tablet remote and selling a TV with no tuner all in one package... seriously. More people than ever are getting back into OTA now, the trend is not going the other way. And sure, people seem to love controlling EVERYTHING with their phone regardless of whether or not it's actually easier and simpler (most of the time, it's not). Anyway I think they have come to their senses about the tablet remote, now I just need them to put a tuner back in their nicer TVs. And please nobody tell me I can buy a piece of crap tuner box to solve the problem, and yes, I already own an hdhomerun. Nothing beats the simplicity of turning a TV on and just flipping channels without needing extra boxes hogging ports and assaulting you with their Y2K UIs.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4705 posts
597 upvotes
The latest firmware (just released yesterday) improved the local dimming quite a bit IMO, there is still some blooming but its a very nice improvement.

Also it added downloadable apps to the TV (none of which I plan to use).
Jan 9, 2008
135 posts
16 upvotes
Caledon
How is the 2017 M-Series for sports?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1739 posts
638 upvotes
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:17 am
The latest firmware (just released yesterday) improved the local dimming quite a bit IMO, there is still some blooming but its a very nice improvement.

For blooming, there's only so much software can do with only 32 zones. The P-series has 128 zones so it's much more flexible. Of course, OLED would crush them all. I guess, however, that your blooming is no where near the level on an edge-lit TV.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Apr 30, 2011
188 posts
67 upvotes
Saint-Jerome
BinaryJay wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 4:07 pm
Jeez how old are your cables. 18Gbps has been a thing for ages. If you are getting 4K 60hz then your cables are working fine for high speed.
Cable wasnt that old, it was included with my Asus MG279Q (144HZ IPS Gaming monitor at 1440P) , I just never used it until now.
I also have a cable I purchased a year ago from Amazon that is only 10gbps certified.
Just bought a 3ft Amazon Basics cable and it works flawlessly.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2005
1748 posts
176 upvotes
Warden and huntingwo…
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:17 am

Which version are you on? And which apps were added?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3391 posts
434 upvotes
Windsor
BinaryJay wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:01 am
The genius ideas of a garbage tablet remote and selling a TV with no tuner all in one package... seriously. More people than ever are getting back into OTA now, the trend is not going the other way. And sure, people seem to love controlling EVERYTHING with their phone regardless of whether or not it's actually easier and simpler (most of the time, it's not). Anyway I think they have come to their senses about the tablet remote, now I just need them to put a tuner back in their nicer TVs. And please nobody tell me I can buy a piece of crap tuner box to solve the problem, and yes, I already own an hdhomerun. Nothing beats the simplicity of turning a TV on and just flipping channels without needing extra boxes hogging ports and assaulting you with their Y2K UIs.
If you have an Xbox One - the TV Tuner has a pretty nice UI and guide - it doesn't do DVR though (they promised it originally but never delivered) but it does do live TV pausing....
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4705 posts
597 upvotes
zerocool24 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:00 pm
Which version are you on? And which apps were added?
it was 3.3.18.2 I think, As for apps I didnt even check as Im using an XBox One S for everything, I just knew from reading online that this was the update that added local apps.
Aug 2, 2017
1 posts
mrexcuse wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 4:14 pm
This TV is 1399 until August 20 at Costco currently.
For a 65''? I didn't notice the price on the Costco website.

[url=https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-E0-65-i ... 63358.html]

I'm hesitating with this one and the P65-C1. I don't know if the price difference is really worth it. It's bacically to hook my PS4 Pro to it, watch some movies and daily use.
May 6, 2013
493 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
LogicElite wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 5:34 pm
For a 65''? I didn't notice the price on the Costco website.

[url=https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M65-E0-65-i ... 63358.html]

I'm hesitating with this one and the P65-C1. I don't know if the price difference is really worth it. It's bacically to hook my PS4 Pro to it, watch some movies and daily use.
Im in exact same scenario as you but Xbox One S. Not sure if the P is worth the price gap right now.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Soty613, KSYC