• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2018 3:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2007
49 posts
64 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Costco] 2018 Fall Tire Promotion @ Costco

The fall tire promotions are underway at Costco. The full details are available in the recent Costco Connection magazine (www.costcoconnection.ca). I'll try to summarize the discounts here:

Bridgestone:
Receive a $70 Costco Cash Card with the purchase of 4 Bridgestone tires
Valid 09/03/18 – 10/07/18
Page 38

BF Goodrich:
Get a $70 Costco Cash Card when you buy a set of four BFGoodrich Winter T/A KSI, AdvantageTM T/A Sport or AdvantageTM T/A Sport LT tires.
...or...
Get a $50 Costco Cash Card when you buy a set of four BFGoodrich passenger or light truck tires.
Valid 10/08/18 – 12/09/18
Page EG40 (last page)

Michelin:
Receive a $70 Cash Card with the purchase of 4 Michelin tires
Valid 10/08/18 – 12/09/18
Page 4

Pirelli:
Receive a $80 Cash Card with the purchase of 4 Pirelli tires
Valid 09/17/18 – 10/07/18
Page 34

Valid both in-store and online. The terms state that the cash card will be delivered to your address 7-10 business days from the date of purchase. Check out the magazine for full details.
450 replies
Sep 12, 2012
465 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know approximately when Michelin has their manufacturer's rebate program for winter tires?
Apr 4, 2017
57 posts
66 upvotes
Have they improved their process yet? I don't have the time or patience to wait in line at 6am on a Tuesday to (hopefully) get a timeslot for 7pm that same day.

It's fing 2018, can't they take appointments !!!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
3874 posts
181 upvotes
realtycoon wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:23 am
Have they improved their process yet? I don't have the time or patience to wait in line at 6am on a Tuesday to (hopefully) get a timeslot for 7pm that same day.

They told me to make an appointment on their website. I told them everyday is fully booked for 3 months. They where so rude to me. Anyhow, yeah, you have to line up before they open to hopefully get a slot. They ended up not having my tires in stock anywhere, even can't order it.
Ephemera

Proud member since 2005!
Mar 15, 2017
65 posts
24 upvotes
aside from the cash card, does costco generally have better prices than other vendors?
Nov 1, 2012
182 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
realtycoon wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:23 am

Sep 12, 2012
465 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
ephemera wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:27 am
They told me to make an appointment on their website. I told them everyday is fully booked for 3 months. They where so rude to me. Anyhow, yeah, you have to line up before they open to hopefully get a slot. They ended up not having my tires in stock anywhere, even can't order it.
You can purchase your tires online and get them delivered to your nearest Costco.
Nov 21, 2011
48 posts
47 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Can you purchase them now get the card and set a date closer to Nov/Dec to get them installed at costco?

I am unsure how it works when you order them online

Also if I do not buy steel rims for the winter tires how much does it cost to swap out tires each season?
Last edited by nigelregal on Sep 7th, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1051 posts
321 upvotes
Cambridge
WAHASH4deals wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:30 am
aside from the cash card, does costco generally have better prices than other vendors?
I'd also like to know this... and I'm assuming you need to have a membership, correct?
Mar 15, 2017
65 posts
24 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:48 am
I'd also like to know this... and I'm assuming you need to have a membership, correct?
yea you need a membership, but sometimes you can find deals for a membership that comes with perks, coupons. Also if you buy their gas and use their 2% cashback Credit card) may be worth the 60$

but if anyone has done any price comparison research and care to share that would be appreciated.
Jan 4, 2013
335 posts
82 upvotes
nigelregal wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:47 am
Can you purchase them now get the card and set a date closer to Nov/Dec to get them installed at costco?

Also if I do not buy steel rims for the winter tires how much does it cost to swap out tires each season?
Not sure what the cost to swap is but honestly you'll save a lot of time and headache by going with steelies
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
14724 posts
5372 upvotes
Oakville
nigelregal wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:47 am

It's a non-trivial amount of labour time to take your old tires off, put the snow tires on (or vice versa). It will certainly cost you more to do this 2 times a year than it would to just buy a set of steelies.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 6, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
I have a buddy that works for a Ford dealership. When I got my tires a couple years ago he said he couldn't come close to matching Costco's price as they'd lose money.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2007
49 posts
64 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is how it worked the last time I purchased tires online at Costco (last summer). I'm not sure if anything has changed since then, but I do see you can schedule your appointments online now.

1) Purchase tires and specify the Costco location they will be shipped to.
2) Optional, but you could choose to purchase rims and get them shipped to your house.
2a) Check on hub-centric vs universal rims. Hub-centric is more expensive but will be custom fit for your vehicle
3) When the tires arrive at Costco, they will email you asking for 3 time slots that work for you to come in for an appointment. Send them your 3 preferred times and they will reply with a confirmation.
4) Bring your rims to Costco for your scheduled appointment, and wait ~1 hour while they mount the tires and do the swap.
5) They will request you come back in a week to check the lugnut tightness.

Easy peasy. I found the price to be very competitive, especially if you consider the cost of mounting the tires to the rims, and swapping from winter to summer. Costco charges $16 per tire to do this which is very reasonable. The next closest competitor in terms of price was Quattro Tires but they are located out of Quebec, would require me to find a service shop to mount the tires, and i wasn't certain if there would be any hoops to jump through with warranty coverage. I decided to go with Costco even if it meant spending a tinybit more.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1761 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
Does Costco have all weather tires (Not all season) ?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Westbeachbc, lovesong