• Dec 5th, 2018 2:17 am
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2393 posts
345 upvotes
ThunderBay
superdave316 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:41 pm
I don't see a tracking number on my order details page.
Untitled.png
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5736 posts
255 upvotes
superdave316 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:41 pm
I don't see a tracking number on my order details page.
It probably hasnt shipped. Otherwise youll see it on the order details
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2018
1338 posts
620 upvotes
champ91 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 2:37 pm
It probably hasnt shipped. Otherwise youll see it on the order details
Mine was "shipped" on Sept 27 and no tracking (says N/A) and haven't received email or call yet. I'll check next week if nth by TMR
Jan 5, 2006
118 posts
97 upvotes
Hamilton
I called in and they said mine haven't shipped. They also said it's not an issue because it is only 5 days into the 5-10 business day delivery period. Had to cancel my install appointment for tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2393 posts
345 upvotes
ThunderBay
rilles wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:55 pm
Untitled.png
They just sent an email to me now to say the tires are in. The email says to then book an appt.

Wait for the email before booking.
Dec 21, 2017
35 posts
43 upvotes
If you are looking for Michelins and they don't show stock on the website, you may have luck asking at the tire centre in the store. I had been looking for Michelin Defender LTX in 265 50R20 for months. Went in to the store, they special ordered them from the depot. Arrived the next day, booked my install for the day after that. They were done in 50 minutes. Couldn't have gone any better. I know Costco gets crazy at seasonal changeover time, but right now they have extended hours, very little wait and the service is great. Price on the special order was the same as usual and I get the cash card.
Mar 15, 2017
73 posts
27 upvotes
just order Michelin xi2 for rav 4, tried with masterpass first time user and didnt get the 20$ :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5736 posts
255 upvotes
rilles wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 5:20 pm
They just sent an email to me now to say the tires are in. The email says to then book an appt.

Wait for the email before booking.
I would book the appointment first. You can always reschedule but this time of the year bookings go fast
May 4, 2018
34 posts
21 upvotes
milan2552 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 12:47 pm
This is how it worked the last time I purchased tires online at Costco (last summer). I'm not sure if anything has changed since then, but I do see you can schedule your appointments online now.

1) Purchase tires and specify the Costco location they will be shipped to.
2) Optional, but you could choose to purchase rims and get them shipped to your house.
2a) Check on hub-centric vs universal rims. Hub-centric is more expensive but will be custom fit for your vehicle
3) When the tires arrive at Costco, they will email you asking for 3 time slots that work for you to come in for an appointment. Send them your 3 preferred times and they will reply with a confirmation.
4) Bring your rims to Costco for your scheduled appointment, and wait ~1 hour while they mount the tires and do the swap.
5) They will request you come back in a week to check the lugnut tightness.

Easy peasy. I found the price to be very competitive, especially if you consider the cost of mounting the tires to the rims, and swapping from winter to summer. Costco charges $16 per tire to do this which is very reasonable. The next closest competitor in terms of price was Quattro Tires but they are located out of Quebec, would require me to find a service shop to mount the tires, and i wasn't certain if there would be any hoops to jump through with warranty coverage. I decided to go with Costco even if it meant spending a tinybit more.
In the summer they had a 1 (cent? or dollar) fee for each tire installation + $70 costco cash Bridgestone promotion.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18475 posts
5034 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I've got to replace my xice, I've had them for 8 years already. Tread is still good but I don't trust them any more.
Jun 6, 2016
173 posts
88 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
If anybody has been waiting a while for your cash card rebate for tires, might want to call in and ask.
My friend and I both waited 3 weeks, didn't receive it. We both called in and were told the same thing: "someone forgot to fill out a form... it's done now, and you'll receive it in another 7-10 days".
Mar 8, 2006
531 posts
114 upvotes
JordanTO wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:55 am
Fyi the $20 masterpass rebate works on tires.

Order Summary

Subtotal  (8 Items)
$ 875.92

Less Promo Code
- $20.01

HST :
$ 111.27

Order Total
$ 967.18
You're lucky. I just bought 8 sets of Michelin x-ice tires in 2 separate transaction. Each of them failed to get a promo code of $20 with Masterpass. Probably, they updated their system to exclude tires (see below).

Valid from October 9 to December 9, 2018 and may not be combined with any other offer. This offer is only available to members who pay by Masterpass and make a merchandise purchase of $100 or more (in one transaction, before taxes, applicable fees and shipping, unless applicable fees and/or standard shipping is included in the quoted price.) MAXIMUM of one (1) $20 OFF is available per member during the promotional period. Offer not valid for Costco purchases made in warehouse, in Costco Business Centres, on costcobusinesscentre.ca, or on purchases of Costco Cash Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Gift cards, certificates and tickets, travel, tires, membership, or membership renewals. Only Canadian Costco members in good standing may take advantage of this offer.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1409 posts
572 upvotes
Quebec
Balzard wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:56 am
With coupon RABAIS5, you get 5% off your order at Pneus à rabais / Quattro Tires until Oct. 12. I was told that I could apply this coupon on my pricematched quote when ordering over the phone.

If so, for a set of 225/65/17 Michelin X-Ice 2, Costco would be $759.95 - $20 Masterpass = $739.95, while Pneus à rabais would be $759.95 - $15 additional pricematch discount - 5% (assuming this gets applied here in the equation) = $707.70.
I almost managed to get this discount applied, since the CSRs didn't really know what to do, but in the end, they could either pricematch Costco and give me a $15 discount, or apply a 5% discount to their original price, which wasn't a good deal. Oh well.
Aug 8, 2016
367 posts
39 upvotes
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to getting new tires. Do I have to buy new rims when I upgrade tires? I assume they're in good shape and what do I do with my old tires?
Jan 16, 2007
930 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
What happens if I change my mind and want to return the tires and I've already spent the cash card?