Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

2018 Fall Tire Promotion @ Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 12:31 pm
Sep 19, 2012
626 posts
353 upvotes
Kitchener
mbcvp wrote: It must vary by warehouse as mine in Etobicoke has appointments available as early as tomorrow and each day for the next few weeks!
Can I buy and have them delivered to one location and have them installed at a different location? Theres one near my work that has tons of slots available, but I already ordered them to be delivered to a different location.
Jan 27, 2007
71 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
hill15 wrote: Thinking of buying either these 2 for my car, Pirelli - WINTER ICE ZERO FR or Michelin - X-Ice Xi3. Any thoughts on which you would recommend. Thanks.
The Pirelli tires are performance winter tires. While the Xi3 are regular/DD winter tires. You will sacrifice some dry pavement traction for additional snow traction with the Xi3.
Jan 18, 2009
378 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
Has Costco always charged a fee for resetting TPMS sensors ??

The last time I went in to do a change, I don't recall them doing so. Is this something recently new?
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Tumdace wrote: Can I buy and have them delivered to one location and have them installed at a different location? Theres one near my work that has tons of slots available, but I already ordered them to be delivered to a different location.
Last year when my warehouse didn't have any appointment availability they called me and asked me to pick up my tires as they couldn't hold them any longer. Since the installation cost is prepaid I imagine you can but I'm not 100% sure... I want to say yes but you may want to check with the warehouse(es) in question.
May 10, 2013
929 posts
315 upvotes
Does costco usually have this kind of promotion like gift card and 1cent installation? Need to buy all season tires for my suv.

Looking on purchasing the Pirelli P7 but my store doesnt have stock.
Nov 25, 2002
75 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Two bad customer service experiences I had with Costco in Toronto recently which are making me think my next set will be from somewhere else.

Bought a new set of summer tires for my wife's Sienna in the spring. When I brought it in for the appointment, they told me they couldn't get the lug nuts off because they had swelled. I went home and had them off and changed in about 30 secs with the breaker bar and torque wrench I had picked up for emergencies from Princess Auto (thanks RFDs!)

In June I picked up a nail on my Highlander that caused a slow leak. I went in to Costco to see if they could have a look around 2 PM in the afternoon. No slots left for that day and if I wanted an appointment it would be a week or I could come back in the morning and try for an afternoon slot. A week for an appointment to look at my Costco-purchased tire in June! In frustration I took it to the Kaltire around the corner from my office. Not only did they fix it while I waited, when I asked them what I owed them, "Nothing, just come back when you need something bigger." I definitely will!
Jan 2, 2005
98 posts
14 upvotes
In Vancouver - which tire do folks recommend for rain and snow - ws80s or xice?
Nov 25, 2002
307 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
X-ice over WS80s. Google but I read that WS80 as they wear down, the performance drops as the material used is not used throughout the tread.

Disclaimer, I've owned X-Ice but have never used WS80 myself.
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
covabwoy wrote: And what "shit show" are you referring to? The fact that you can book your tire appointment online 3 weeks in advance? *
The one where people that aren't able to get an appointment right away are stuck having to wait all day to hopefully get one in person.

It's common knowledge that this happens every year when Costco starts selling winter tires, *
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 24th, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
tr4ck wrote: In Vancouver - which tire do folks recommend for rain and snow - ws80s or xice?
X-Ice because the WS80 rubber compound actually wears a bit faster, so you'll be needing to replace the WS80 faster compared to the X-Ice. This is anecdotal evidence from several friends that have switched over to WS80 from X-Ice, because they needed new winter tires and the WS80 were cheaper. A few of them have now gotten X-Ice for their new cars.
Jul 22, 2015
797 posts
464 upvotes
Ontario
Pirelli tires also qualify for 1 cent installation!

"Pirelli. Receive an $80 cash Card with the purchase of 4 Pirelli Tires and get your tires installed for only 1 cent each. Valid 09/17/18 - 10/07/18. Rims not included."
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
150 upvotes
realtycoon wrote: Have they improved their process yet? I don't have the time or patience to wait in line at 6am on a Tuesday to (hopefully) get a timeslot for 7pm that same day.

It's fing 2018, can't they take appointments !!!
I ordered a set of steel rims with my winter tires. I had Costco mount them and call me when ready to pick up. Swapped the wheels myself. No appointment or waiting in line.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7296 posts
71701 upvotes
Canadian tire has winter rims on sale for 20% off. Might only be on certain sizes.
Apr 8, 2018
17 posts
2 upvotes
London
Has anyone figured out which place is the the cheapest for 4 winter tires and installation fees out of all these places?
Jul 23, 2012
521 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
szostalo wrote: I ordered a set of steel rims with my winter tires. I had Costco mount them and call me when ready to pick up. Swapped the wheels myself. No appointment or waiting in line.
This is really good to know, any difference in cost?
Aug 8, 2016
480 posts
78 upvotes
What's the website to the tire reviews? I can't find it anymore
Sep 15, 2012
888 posts
261 upvotes
bv
No matter how you slice it, still cheaper to buy from a online source in Canada with free delivery.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
hill15 wrote: Canadian tire has winter rims on sale for 20% off. Might only be on certain sizes.
Basic $54.99 steel rims aren't on sale.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
szostalo wrote: I ordered a set of steel rims with my winter tires. I had Costco mount them and call me when ready to pick up. Swapped the wheels myself. No appointment or waiting in line.
Was told by Costco Sudbury that they no longer sell steel wheels.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)