Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

2018 Spring Tire Promotion @ Costco

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 9:54 am
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2637 posts
2975 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I talked to someone in the tire department at my local Costco today. They said not to worry about timing on the gift card promo. They will adjust things to make it work for you. YMMV I presume.

I didn't want to risk it, and have had no problems with the Pirellis I got a few years ago, so I went with them again (different vehicles)
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
When it would be the best time to buy left over winter tires?

I need to get tires and wheel package.
Jun 20, 2015
701 posts
193 upvotes
Place
Smokealot69 wrote: Bought a set yesterday.. Never been asked for membership number. I did the same last year without any problems.
Not sure how'd that worked out but good for you lol.
Good luck!
Feb 29, 2016
79 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver,BC
Anyone know for the Costco cash card promo, do I have to order the tires AND have them installed during the promo period of that specific brand, or I could order before the promo starts as long as I have them installed during the promo period?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6949 posts
7523 upvotes
BC
beleii wrote: Anyone know for the Costco cash card promo, do I have to order the tires AND have them installed during the promo period of that specific brand, or I could order before the promo starts as long as I have them installed during the promo period?
I don't see anywhere where it says that having them installed is required to receive the cash card. This would make sense though why the cash card is being mailed rather than being given at the point of sale - to avoid people from buying the tires in one transaction to receive the cash card and then immediately applying the cash card in a second transaction against the cost of mounting and balancing. Seems like it could be done though if you don't mind taking your tires home and waiting for a week or two before you receive your cash card in the mail.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Mar 21, 2018
12 posts
5 upvotes
would anyone recommend a particular brand and tire model for my Honda Odyssey van?
I researched Pirellis and Michelin and found quite mixed reviews online.
Many ppl claim the tire wears down too fast, which seems to be a common problem for many brands now.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2228 posts
2150 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Michelin promo appears to be live today
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
rob187 wrote: Michelin promo appears to be live today
I don't see it. Screenshot?
😱
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2228 posts
2150 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
b0ne wrote: I don't see it. Screenshot?
Shows up on Michelin tires, not on the main site
Images
  • AE5A2A06-A665-42C4-B1CE-E5C656A88A37.png
  • 23D428B0-A06B-4C16-ADFA-D2590492A61F.png
Nov 7, 2012
260 posts
138 upvotes
Just bought my Michelin tires :)

We get the gift card when they install the tires?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I see it now too.

😱
Oct 19, 2007
647 posts
327 upvotes
I asked my dealership to cut me a break on price ($175 difference between Costco and dealership); when I quoted them the Costco price he wrote:
Costco may have the "same" tires but they tend to be a lower quality as [manufacturer redacted] and other tire manufacturers do specific batches for Costco. In the past I have had experience with them appearing to be a similar tire but in fact they are not the same quality (different part numbers etc.)
Any truth to this?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
xenocidic wrote: I asked my dealership to cut me a break on price ($175 difference between Costco and dealership); when I quoted them the Costco price he wrote:

Any truth to this?
Sounds to me like he doesn't want your money. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
xenocidic wrote: I asked my dealership to cut me a break on price ($175 difference between Costco and dealership); when I quoted them the Costco price he wrote:

Any truth to this?
No, go to Costco.
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Chew300ZX wrote: Read the fine print - no Aeroplan for wheels and tires, unless something changed recently...
Nor does it count toward your rebate if you're an Executive member, which I found out the hard way...
Dec 27, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
vancouver
make sure you tell the Costco rep that you need high speed balancing done!

So many times I have taken my vehical back in to get balancing they did not do right.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
mbcvp wrote: Nor does it count toward your rebate if you're an Executive member, which I found out the hard way...
They should, except:

* tire disposal fees (where applicable)
* tire mounting and balancing, and stud installation fees

per: https://www.costco.ca/executive-rewards.html
😱
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
b0ne wrote: They should, except:

* tire disposal fees (where applicable)
* tire mounting and balancing, and stud installation fees

per: https://www.costco.ca/executive-rewards.html
Well that's certainly interesting... I bought my winter tires online at costco.ca and when I got my rebate check last week that purchase wasn't applied and I was told it's only for purchases made in store. Guess I'll have to look into this one. Thanks for the heads up though!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Any truth to this?
The only truth to this is with clothing, but thats the same case for most clothing sold at "warehouse" stores.

Maybe some other items, but those get sold as the Kirkland branded items, and not under the manufactures label. This was not all Kirkland stuff but some.

I could be 100% wrong and was told lies, but thats what i was advised.
Jul 3, 2007
131 posts
23 upvotes
Called my local costco. They only have 2 models available for my 2013 Honda Fit (175/65/r15): Bridgestone Ecopia ep422+ and BFgoodrich advantage TA. Both models have meh reviews. Any recommendations? Are these any good?