• Jan 28th, 2019 2:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3489 upvotes

[Costco] 3-seat Genuine Leather Sofa (Brown or Beige) $1000

https://www.costco.ca/Cori-Top-Grain-Leather-Sofa.product.100468156.html

If you need a set, just buy two, simple!

Shipping and handling included, $1k is quite cheap for a brand new, genuine leather, 3-seater.

of course, if you went on kijiji, you could probably get a used one for $200, but come on.
Last edited by Glancealot on Jan 24th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
Bitcoin will crash hard.
72 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50082 posts
15048 upvotes
+1 beige would match the Rolla I have in the garage.
So many haters and naysayers here. It's almost as if the EV fans are not really EV fans for the sake of saving the planet, but rather just Tesla fans - Ted Schmitt (insideevs)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1846 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
The cushions are fixed in place. That foam is staying put. This is not high quality furniture - Costco is the only thing you need to know to confirm that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3489 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:49 pm
Always verify if each cushion has a zipper so you can change the foam when needed. If not than you know you are not dealing with high quality furniture.
unfortunately, the description says:
Fixed seat and back cushions so they always keep their shape
I spent over 2k on a leather sectional from a local furniture store (before I discovered RFD, of course), sold it for $1250 when I sold my house.

I think 1k for a brand new, genuine leather, 3-seater is a good price, especially if it's after shipping and handling.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
Glancealot wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:55 pm
unfortunately, the description says:

I spent over 2k on a leather sectional from a local furniture store (before I discovered RFD, of course), sold it for $1250 when I sold my house.

I think 1k for a brand new, genuine leather, 3-seater is a good price, especially if it's after shipping and handling.
After the disaster of our last sectional, I'll be staying away from those. Wife had an odd attachment to it.
Best deals:
Nov 19, 2014
720 posts
662 upvotes
GPS - error
I've ordered a leather sofa from costco before and it's been great, quality and made in canada.
Unlike some of the new natuzzi garbage you get from thebay that lasts 2 years made in china.

With this one it's cheaper since it's made from little chunks (on the side and back) and it's split,
but it's probably just fine, except they also don't list the manufacturer, assuming the cushions
are of high quality they should last a long time 5-10 years before they start sagging ...

Ours was similar to this one, if not the same, and I paid $2800 few years ago, made by Lind:
https://www.costco.ca/Sorrento-Grey-Top ... 41986.html
Dec 13, 2013
375 posts
217 upvotes
Is it just me or the Brown color doesn't look Brown at all, in fact it gives a Greyish tinge to me.

But then again, could just be my monitor or my eyes :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2260 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Make sure to ask your wives and/or girlfriends first
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1346 posts
719 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 2:22 pm
I guess it depends on how long you wish to keep your furniture. Higher quality can last you a lifetime. All my sofas, loveseats, leather chairs have zippers. The oldest one is close to 40 years old and I paid $6K (that was almost 40 years ago!) and it is still like brand new. I do have to condition the leather every 5-8 years. I also make sure my furniture is never, ever directly exposed to the sun. There is a very good reason to get tinted windows in a car; to protect the leather!
Interesting you say that - a family friend got pulled over and got a $78 ticket earlier this week for having his front windows tinted. This was in Calgary
Nov 22, 2009
709 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
Glancealot wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:44 pm
https://www.costco.ca/Cori-Top-Grain-Le ... 68156.html

If you need a set, just buy two, simple!

Shipping and handling included, $1k is quite cheap for a brand new, genuine leather, 3-seater.

of course, if you went on kijiji, you could probably get a used one for $200, but come on.
FYI, this is not genuine leather. Genuine leather is a crap grade and wears away over time.
Banned
Sep 25, 2018
29 posts
9 upvotes
Moon
carmageddon wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 3:21 pm
Make sure to ask your wives and/or girlfriends first
100% agree!
I hit the CTRL key, but I'm still not in control!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1001 posts
658 upvotes
Are you saying Genuine leather isn't leather?
flaris wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 3:33 pm
FYI, this is not genuine leather. Genuine leather is a crap grade and wears away over time.
:rolleyes:
Nov 23, 2017
957 posts
1927 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 2:22 pm
I guess it depends on how long you wish to keep your furniture. Higher quality can last you a lifetime. All my sofas, loveseats, leather chairs have zippers. The oldest one is close to 40 years old and I paid $6K (that was almost 40 years ago!) and it is still like brand new. I do have to condition the leather every 5-8 years. I also make sure my furniture is never, ever directly exposed to the sun. There is a very good reason to get tinted windows in a car; to protect the leather!

If I spent the equivalent of $17,000 on a couch I would want it to last 40 years too.

In the 80s $6k was a lot of money