• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2017 2:13 pm
[OP]
Dec 10, 2007
259 posts
145 upvotes
Arviat

[Costco] $37.99 ($12 off) Muscle Pharm Combat Powder 5 lb. Cookies 'N' Cream

Not sure if it's on the weekly handouts but saw it in store (Heartland). At $7.60 per lb it's a hot price. I don't recall it being this low, previous low was $8.00.

https://www.costco.ca/MusclePharm%C2%AE ... 42768.html
22 replies
Dec 12, 2014
783 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn, that's hotter than the Kaizen
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
2754 posts
422 upvotes
Mississauga
When I liked the taste of this powder I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I went through so much of it that now it's way too sweet for me. Great deal for those that don't have this issue.
Jul 7, 2007
737 posts
229 upvotes
WontonNoodle wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 9:06 pm
kaizen or muscle pharm?
Have to go to costco to confirm but I believe the MP is slow release 8 hours.

Need to verify but if the kaizen is the isolate version then its fast digestive protein to be taken right after your workout, where the MP is better taken before sleep.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3667 posts
949 upvotes
gatoradeboy wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 7:06 pm
Only 25g of protein per scoop
well, it can be 2270g per scoop, if you use one hell of a scoop.

I never understood people who judge by the amount of protein per scoop without even looking at ratio protein/fillers. (I'm not saying this one has a good ratio)
Dec 2, 2009
211 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
The truth is that if you gave two guys these two proteins and said come back in a month, you wouldn't be able to tell who looked bigger or more muscular. It's kinda like giving someone a 3.2ghz processor and someone else a 3.3ghz processor. Is one better than the other? Sure. Are you really gonna notice a difference in the real world? Not at all. That being said, the musclepharm taste amazing, I've tried both (kaizen and musclepharm) and they both get the job done.
Mar 4, 2014
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I've tried both Kaizen >> MusclePharm. MP is too sweet for my liking. Kaizen can also mix well with other things.
Feb 1, 2013
135 posts
50 upvotes
Both are good but I've been buying the MP for years at Costco and just got sick of the Cookies and Cream flavor. Would it really kill Costco to stock more than one flavor?

Bought the Kaizen last week and I like it. Don't feel any bloating whatsoever. Does the job.
Oct 5, 2010
47 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
Been buying MP for a little while now and it tastes great. It is sweet but that doesn't bother me. Haven't tried Kaizen. As for taste getting dull after a while, I add bit a flavor to it and completely changes the taste. I add a spoon of Nescafe and it does wonders. Once in a while, I add some cholate syrup to change that up. 1/2 milk and 1/2 water instead of just water is great as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4543 posts
484 upvotes
Musclepharm got caught protein spiking a couple years ago, meaning there wasn't nearly as much protein per scoop like they claimed, aka fraud. I will never buy a MP product in my life, and you shouldn't either.
Aug 22, 2009
612 posts
44 upvotes
I've bought 1 tub of this and probably 10+ of the Kaizen.

MP is too sweet. it's almost gross.