Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

55" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $449(+29.99 for 5 year warranty.).

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2023 12:53 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
Crazy how these all seem to die after the same amount of time and it seems to all be the same issues.

I think I got 5-6 yrs out of my first one before the screen went completely black and I ended up taking it to the dump to be recycled.
I am on my 2nd one now (I had 2 purchased in 2016, but never even opened the 2nd one until now) that I have been using since January of this year. Wondering how many years I will get out of this? I am guessing if I'm lucky, I might be able to get to 2027, but I doubt it.

Contrast that with my LG 52" 1080p LCD that I bought from Futureshop in 2008. It only just died on me some months back. I literally got over 14 yrs of use out of it.
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
ADIDAD wrote: Bought this couple weeks ago, no complaints
Pretty hilarious reading the last page or so here with reports of the backlight failing just past 5 years (and the extended warranty)...

Because this happened to me as well a few months ago on this TV after I got it back in 2017. Took a little bit to figure out what was going on, but yeah, backlight died. So it almost made 6 years! Hopefully next one lasts me that long
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
ADIDAD wrote: Pretty hilarious reading the last page or so here with reports of the backlight failing just past 5 years (and the extended warranty)...

Because this happened to me as well a few months ago on this TV after I got it back in 2017. Took a little bit to figure out what was going on, but yeah, backlight died. So it almost made 6 years! Hopefully next one lasts me that long
It is wild how they all suffer from the exact same fate in the end. All around the same time give or take.
I am coming up on 2 yrs using my replacement that I mentioned above, so I am guessing at most, I'll get another two POSSIBLY 3 years out of this TV before it goes kaput.

What did you replace yours with?
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
BobSagget wrote: It is wild how they all suffer from the exact same fate in the end. All around the same time give or take.
I am coming up on 2 yrs using my replacement that I mentioned above, so I am guessing at most, I'll get another two POSSIBLY 3 years out of this TV before it goes kaput.

just ordered: https://www.costco.ca/hisense-65%22-cla ... 86847.html
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
BobSagget wrote: It is wild how they all suffer from the exact same fate in the end. All around the same time give or take.

I'm still going strong with my original purchase. Been waiting for it to die so I have an excuse to buy another TV, but thankfully for my wallet, it's been rock solid. So far....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)