Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

55" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $449(+29.99 for 5 year warranty.).

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2023 12:53 pm
Nov 25, 2012
92 posts
49 upvotes
65" 4k HDR for 1500$ with tax ? I'm in for 1 too if you can find any.

Franchise10 wrote: Man, I'm so confused. Can't believe TV's got so complicated with tons of differences. Not sure if someone can give me advice. Looking at a TV for the basement to do the following:

PS4
Sports
Netflix
TV

In terms of what I would need is:
4k (will be connected to Bell Fibe)
65" +
HDR (if possible)
Under $1,500 with taxes

Any recommendations?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Franchise10 wrote: Man, I'm so confused. Can't believe TV's got so complicated with tons of differences. Not sure if someone can give me advice. Looking at a TV for the basement to do the following:

PS4
Sports
Netflix
TV

65" +
HDR (if possible)
Under $1,500 with taxes

Any recommendations?
SlickOP wrote: 65" 4k HDR for 1500$ with tax ? I'm in for 1 too if you can find any.
Check the VIZIO 65" E65-E1 or keep an eye for a price drop on the M65-E0.
E65-E1 is currently $1,297.99 (-$25 coupon + FS) @ Costco. But based on comparative reviews I would go with the M65-E0 $1,479.99 (-$25 coupon + FS) @ Costco, or wait for it to drop further during BF/BD sales.
Mar 2, 2011
728 posts
410 upvotes
West
Any recommendations on a tv stand? I'm thinking of this one and it should just fit?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mainstays- ... 0036686687

The tv stand is 43.3" Wide so the since the tv legs are 43 1/4 inches", the tv would "just" fit. Would that be too small?

I'm on a budget so trying to find a decent stand at a good price.
Feb 24, 2017
162 posts
227 upvotes
lil_dreams wrote: Any recommendations on a tv stand? I'm thinking of this one and it should just fit?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/mainstays- ... 0036686687

The tv stand is 43.3" Wide so the since the tv legs are 43 1/4 inches", the tv would "just" fit. Would that be too small?

I'm on a budget so trying to find a decent stand at a good price.
I wouldn't go with that one. Any movement either way and your tv is gonna fall.

https://www.amazon.ca/Prepac-Black-Vasa ... s=Tv+stand
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32150 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Chris883 wrote: I wouldn't go with that one. Any movement either way and your tv is gonna fall.

Exactly this. That stand does look spiffy but there are so many designs out there you can find others that are better
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1380 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else using this TV with a Rogers 4K cable box? I occasionally get an error when trying to watch the 4K channels. There's an error message saying that the channel only works with 4K TVs and something about HDCP 2.2.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Bojangles416 wrote: Anyone else using this TV with a Rogers 4K cable box? I occasionally get an error when trying to watch the 4K channels. There's an error message saying that the channel only works with 4K TVs and something about HDCP 2.2.
Try a different HDMI cable, different TV port and a different power up sequence, all the ports on the Haier is HDCP 2.2 capable.
Also make sure your cable box has the latest firmware (if applicable).
May 3, 2016
190 posts
363 upvotes

PS4
Sports
Netflix
TV

65" +
HDR (if possible)
Under $1,500 with taxes

Any recommendations?
Connecting Bell Fibe to this TV is a dice roll. We purchased this TV twice (but ultimately returned both of them). The first once, it worked flawlessly with our Bell 4K DVR. No issues at all. But the first set had really horrible backlight bleeding so we returned it.

The second unit, there was less backlight bleeding (but it was acceptable. It's a $450 TV ffs). However, if you didn't start the TV with the input set to the Bell Box (or if you switch inputs), it won't communicate properly with the TV. It says it cannot connect (and has an image with a padlock on it) and you should try replacing HDMI cables etc etc.... Basically, you either have to restart the DVR or the TV, which is super annoying. I think it has something to do with HDMI versions and copy protection.

In the end, we returned the TV. It's a good value but it wasn't for us :(
Jun 8, 2015
17 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill, ON
for anyone who bought this 55" or the 49", can you take a picture of it from the side to show thickness?
thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So, I have been slowing reading through both of the threads relating to the 55" Haier from Costco. I am suddenly and unfortunately in the market for a new TV. 55" LG LED that I got 3.5 yrs ago, worked great yesterday morning, last night went to turn on, LED driver, or backlight issue, so rather than look for a fix, will probably buy this 55" Haier. I thought I read in the other thread that the initial yellow issues, were fixed with the current model, and that it was 2016 units that had it, or are people buying these this year, still having issues? Also read something about HDCP 2.2 is an issue with MiBox? 4K is all new to me, and I don't need it, as the MiBox is the only thing I currently have that would use it, but my Netflix is not the 4K etc. So, I guess in summary, just wondering, is this still the best value for a mid $400's tv, with being able to get the $30 concierge plan. I see that Walmart has a 55" Sharp UHD Smart TV coming up this week for $538... thoughts?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
May 24, 2012
325 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: So, I have been slowing reading through both of the threads relating to the 55" Haier from Costco. I am suddenly and unfortunately in the market for a new TV. 55" LG LED that I got 3.5 yrs ago, worked great yesterday morning, last night went to turn on, LED driver, or backlight issue, so rather than look for a fix, will probably buy this 55" Haier. I thought I read in the other thread that the initial yellow issues, were fixed with the current model, and that it was 2016 units that had it, or are people buying these this year, still having issues? Also read something about HDCP 2.2 is an issue with MiBox? 4K is all new to me, and I don't need it, as the MiBox is the only thing I currently have that would use it, but my Netflix is not the 4K etc. So, I guess in summary, just wondering, is this still the best value for a mid $400's tv, with being able to get the $30 concierge plan. I see that Walmart has a 55" Sharp UHD Smart TV coming up this week for $538... thoughts?
Also in the market for a 50+inch tv! Would love to know which one is best to get now for ~$500-$700
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
799 upvotes
The LG 55UJ6200 4k will be $699 for Black friday. Its an entry level 4K but still nice.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Not sure I am trusting LG anymore... Mine died after 3.5 years, brothers died just after year warranty... Is this black friday at Costco?

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Up until now, have been looking at the Costco ones, because of the warranty... can someone look at this and see if it's a decent deal?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sharp-55-4 ... 0197615259
It says HDR compatible. Much like the Hisense.

Nov 16, 2005
51 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
Haven't seen the Haier tv at my local Costco right now. They do have the 55 on the website for 469.00. Shoppers has a 55 4k on sale on the weekend for 379.99 Never heard of the brand.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1380 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
When I bought the Haier from Costco the same TV but RCA brand was on sale at Visions for 379.99. I chose to buy from costco for a bit more due to the initial 90 day return policy, so if something better comes along during black Friday I can return the TV no questions asked and if I do keep it I got the 3 year warranty as well, so the TV would be covered for 5 yrs. To me it was worth it paying a bit more upfront for the long term security.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
jackass_ca wrote: Up until now, have been looking at the Costco ones, because of the warranty... can someone look at this and see if it's a decent deal?
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/sharp-55-4 ... 0197615259
It says HDR compatible. Much like the Hisense.
Sharp is actually a rebranded Hisense.
Might want to read here as well: best-buy-sharp-55-inch-4k-led-roku-smar ... 8-2143454/
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
Bought this couple weeks ago, no complaints
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Sharp is actually a rebranded Hisense.
Might want to read here as well: best-buy-sharp-55-inch-4k-led-roku-smar ... 8-2143454/
Right, I had heard that, so I was wondering though, is it a valued purchase since some here are saying the Hisense from Costco is a better value than the Haier for colour, internals, etc.
That is where I get confused, IS the Sharp for $150 less a better deal than the Hisense 55" at Costco. other than warranty of course.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)