Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$600 OFF Vizio 65" TV at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2017 10:05 am
Dec 22, 2007
924 posts
627 upvotes
rayq wrote: Just curious if you are located in Calgary? I've been to Visions last week as well, and they pushed Pany ($2000) over Samsung KS8000 ($2400)! Too bad, we didn't get a chance to score a 65KS8000 for $1999 like Toronto :(.
Order it from B&H.. I just got it for 2275$ ALL IN CND including taxes.. If you worry about warranty you can always add a squaretrade for 2 more years.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
bogolisk wrote: Be happy that your Vizio P is running a version of chromeOS and not a hacker's heaven like the The Samsungs.
No need to worry about hackers with Vizio ... they'll collect and sell your data on their own.
Aug 19, 2015
126 posts
51 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Gutty96 wrote: How much will it cost to fix your TC-P65ST60?

Most likely a lot cheaper than buying a new TV only to take a step backwards in PQ.
Trying to get a quote on that. Need to take it in. From what I read it's either the SU, SD or SC boards. Could be all. Or possibly just one. There is only one place in my city (Saskatoon) who does this work. They won't quote any parts over the phone until they look at it.
I'm thinking around $400-500 if I'm lucky.
Aug 19, 2015
126 posts
51 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
rayq wrote: Just curious if you are located in Calgary? I've been to Visions last week as well, and they pushed Pany ($2000) over Samsung KS8000 ($2400)! Too bad, we didn't get a chance to score a 65KS8000 for $1999 like Toronto :(.
I'm in Saskatoon. We had the exact same Visions experience! They must be trying hard to clear out the Pany's. Someone here tipped me off it's not true HDR. Did some reading and glad I didn't bite. Gonna try and fix my ST60 first. If that doesn't work I think I'm going with the Vizio!
Feb 4, 2016
16 posts
15 upvotes
SpykeYs wrote: Order it from B&H.. I just got it for 2275$ ALL IN CND including taxes.. If you worry about warranty you can always add a squaretrade for 2 more years.
Hey I've been hesitating on pulling trigger on BH KS8000 because of warranty issues. Are you sure that SquareTrade will honour warranty in Canada? Couldn't find any info. Also, are they any issues with any of the SmartTV features and apps when using the meant for US market TV in Canada? (e.g. problem with Netflix etc?)

TIA
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: Be happy that your Vizio P is running a version of chromeOS and not a hacker's heaven like the The Samsungs.
Andrew765 wrote: No need to worry about hackers with Vizio ... they'll collect and sell your data on their own.
On the Vizio P? Link?
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Dec 22, 2007
924 posts
627 upvotes
Sheff45 wrote: Hey I've been hesitating on pulling trigger on BH KS8000 because of warranty issues. Are you sure that SquareTrade will honour warranty in Canada? Couldn't find any info. Also, are they any issues with any of the SmartTV features and apps when using the meant for US market TV in Canada? (e.g. problem with Netflix etc?)

TIA
If purchased directly from B&H Photo, then yes your squaretrade warranty will be valid in Canada. This is a confirmed fact.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
TurdFergusons wrote: Trying to get a quote on that. Need to take it in. From what I read it's either the SU, SD or SC boards. Could be all. Or possibly just one. There is only one place in my city (Saskatoon) who does this work. They won't quote any parts over the phone until they look at it.
I'm thinking around $400-500 if I'm lucky.
Just for myself, I would rather pay $400-$500 to keep a Plasma going, before spending $2k+ to replace it with an LED.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
Visions still has the ks8000 65 for 1999, my buddy bought one today, was about $23xx.
Aug 19, 2015
126 posts
51 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Gutty96 wrote: Just for myself, I would rather pay $400-$500 to keep a Plasma going, before spending $2k+ to replace it with an LED.
Thanks, that's a good point. I'll exhaust all repair options before buying new. I really love the ST60. It's been a beauty.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Visions still has the ks8000 65 for 1999, my buddy bought one today, was about $23xx.
I wonder why they told me they were all sold out and not getting anymore a few weeks ago? Any idea how many they have left?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1134 posts
831 upvotes
Tizen is possibly the worst POS I've ever seen in a TV. I'm contemplating returning my KU6920 to Costco - the youtube app constantly screws up and I have to reset the whole fricken tv as there's no way to uninstall it. On top of that, it's piss slow (plex, netflix, etc all lag ). If it wasn't such a nightmare to re-pack and move a 65" tv it would be gone already. I'm amazed it got such good reviews considering how shitty the smart portion is
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1793 posts
909 upvotes
YYC
coriolis wrote: Visions still has the ks8000 65 for 1999, my buddy bought one today, was about $23xx.
Are you sure bro? Receipt?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
setTopbox wrote: Tizen is possibly the worst POS I've ever seen in a TV. I'm contemplating returning my KU6920 to Costco - the youtube app constantly screws up and I have to reset the whole fricken tv as there's no way to uninstall it. On top of that, it's piss slow (plex, netflix, etc all lag ). If it wasn't such a nightmare to re-pack and move a 65" tv it would be gone already. I'm amazed it got such good reviews considering how shitty the smart portion is
Samsung spent 10.2 billion USD (11.5 trillion won) on marketting in 2016. I'd guess that included a lot of cash to pay the so-called-reviewers and the staffs at WorstBuy to promote Samsung and bashing other brands.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1134 posts
831 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: Samsung spent 10.2 billion USD (11.5 trillion won) on marketting in 2016. I'd guess that included a lot of cash to pay the so-called-reviewers and the staffs at WorstBuy to promote Samsung and bashing other brands.

Well, count me as one who was duped :\ I tried to research the **** out of it. Hours reading blogs and watching youtube. I still **** up lol. Not to mention the ku6290 has horrrrendous color banding / gradient issues. I can't watch anything dark without seeing a fricken realvideo like effect on my tv :(
Aug 19, 2015
126 posts
51 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Gutty96 wrote: Just for myself, I would rather pay $400-$500 to keep a Plasma going, before spending $2k+ to replace it with an LED.
Confirmed. Officially $500 to repair the ST60. Replacing C & D boards. Boards are $300. Flat labour fee (they come to me) for $200. No guarantees. I was cautioned the screen could also be affected. I'd be out minimum the labour and parts would be 30% restocking fee. 90 days parts and labour warranty on work provided.
Now gotta debate if it's worth the risk. If I had 100% certainty the repair would work, I'd go for it.
I think the tech was managing my expectations downward in case he can't get it fixed.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
TurdFergusons wrote: Confirmed. Officially $500 to repair the ST60. Replacing C & D boards. Boards are $300. Flat labour fee (they come to me) for $200. No guarantees. I was cautioned the screen could also be affected. I'd be out minimum the labour and parts would be 30% restocking fee. 90 days parts and labour warranty on work provided.
Now gotta debate if it's worth the risk. If I had 100% certainty the repair would work, I'd go for it.
I think the tech was managing my expectations downward in case he can't get it fixed.
That's a tough one. Would be nice if they were more confident in their ability to repair it, and back up the work.
Dec 22, 2001
456 posts
225 upvotes
Andrew765 wrote: No need to worry about hackers with Vizio ... they'll collect and sell your data on their own.
Canadian units excluded from system that set screens to report what people watched — without them knowing

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)