Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] 65" Haier 4K[3,840 x 2,160] LED TV - $749.99 - UHD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2018 12:00 am
Banned
Aug 11, 2016
45 posts
14 upvotes
So do I bring this back to Costco for warranty? Cause never heard of Haier before.
Jr. Member
Mar 27, 2006
127 posts
33 upvotes
Edmonton
OilersDude wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 5:19 pm
anyone spot these in Edmonton?
We have them at Yellowhead and 149 st., currently right in front of photo lab. Quite likely the other stores in Edmonton & area do too, but I can't say I've checked.

Full Disclosure: I am employed by Costco Canada
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1234 posts
313 upvotes
Winnipeg
baseline wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 4:35 pm
Dimensions
Depth TV only: 2-7/8"
Depth w/ base: 11-27/64"
Height TV only: 25"
Height w/ base: 35-5/64"
Width TV only: 57-1/5"
Width w/ base: 57-1/5"
The height is definitely not 25 inches without the stand. From the the Costco card it is 83.8 cm or approx 33 inches
Lorenzo
Jr. Member
Nov 2, 2007
171 posts
110 upvotes
RetiredRFDer wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 4:40 pm
I have a 1080p Panny plasma that has wonderful colour, zero ghosting and no issues with off angle viewing. It's really hard to find something that's better, and I REALLY want to upgrade. Bigger at 65", native 4K and insanely cheap.....definitely has me thinking.
I'd say no point in upgrading unless you really need the extra 10" diagonally and you sit less then 5' away. Your plasma would produce a better picture. I don't buy into the whole 4K BS.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 11, 2006
6079 posts
2733 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
^
I buy the 4K BS.
When tweaked, even an entry level 4K TV can be equal to or better than a 1080p plasma.
Newbie
Jan 23, 2016
16 posts
6 upvotes
Metcalfe, ON
RetiredRFDer wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 4:40 pm
I have a 1080p Panny plasma that has wonderful colour, zero ghosting and no issues with off angle viewing. It's really hard to find something that's better, and I REALLY want to upgrade. Bigger at 65", native 4K and insanely cheap.....definitely has me thinking.
Me too! I hate to think of getting rid of/selling my beautiful Viera, but that's awful big and awful cheap.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
3201 posts
988 upvotes
AB
If anyone needs the box size it's aprox. 40" x 6" x 63".
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
929 posts
726 upvotes
MARKHAM
there were over 10 left when i left Yorktech store. Thanks op.
From RFD:
Self-propelled gas mower for $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower for $399 - Lowes;
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan for $15 - Fido.
More to come for sure...
Newbie
Feb 23, 2008
42 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ShylocK wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 6:40 pm
Can u get delivery arranged at the Costco? I don't see it online..and no way this will fit in my car
You can probably fit it in your trunk if you remove the screen from the box and put down your back seat (if you can). Thats what i did for the 55 inches that i bought with my compact car and there was still space available.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11598 posts
1670 upvotes
London
Woah! wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 6:40 pm
^
I buy the 4K BS.
When tweaked, even an entry level 4K TV can be equal to or better than a 1080p plasma.
No It can't.

The only tvs out there that can equal or surpass plasma are oled

My like 6 year old plasma in my bedroom craps all over 2k+ lcds of today
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
13212 posts
5128 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 9:18 pm
Woah! wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 6:40 pm
^
I buy the 4K BS.
When tweaked, even an entry level 4K TV can be equal to or better than a 1080p plasma.
No It can't.

The only tvs out there that can equal or surpass plasma are oled

My like 6 year old plasma in my bedroom craps all over 2k+ lcds of today
Not once you factor in that a 4k TV displays four times the amount of detail.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
11598 posts
1670 upvotes
London
SickBeast wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 9:22 pm
Viper98 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 9:18 pm
Woah! wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 6:40 pm
^
I buy the 4K BS.
When tweaked, even an entry level 4K TV can be equal to or better than a 1080p plasma.
No It can't.

The only tvs out there that can equal or surpass plasma are oled

My like 6 year old plasma in my bedroom craps all over 2k+ lcds of today
Not once you factor in that a 4k TV displays four times the amount of detail.
Resolution isn't all that important when it comes to image quality

Especially when you consider the motion resolution is probably lower(I'd be surprised if it has more than 800 lines of motion resolution)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5445 posts
1934 upvotes
Canada
Saw these in store. Colors look good. But I noticed a lot of judder (there was a 120hz Vizio next to it and it was butter smooth). Also the picture was very oversharpened. You can probably fix the oversharpening in the settings but I don't know if the settings stick or not like the tint?
Koodo customer
Tangerine customer

Top